some questions

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
oninowon
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

some questions

Post by oninowon »

Is the PC version just the core game of the boardgame? It looks like there were a ton of expansions for the boardgame but only 2 mini expansions for the PC game. Also, can you create your own maps and scenarios?
Dusty27
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: some questions

Post by Dusty27 »

The PC version is most of the core board game with various exclusions made by Slitherine such as exuding the Pak 40 and 57mm field guns and howitzers. They likely are other missing units but I can't recall any other specifics at the moment.

Your right! There is quite a drought in content as compared to the board game. There was a fancy trailer for a newer version of the game with cool effects for the Xbox One that was rumored to release last year. Some folks think the game is dead while others hold out hope that it is still going to see more content.

Yes, you can create your own maps and scenarios... however I feel the multiplayer balance is off with the Germans getting Panthers and the Allies limited to just a few Shermans so any match that lets you select your units can be a bit rough. I believe Slitherine mentioned adding Commonweath Units to the catalog of selectable units for the Allies as a short term fix for us until they put out more content but they must have changed their minds which is a pity (General Game Balance should be a priority somewhat one would think).

Also one other item to mention is that your collection for iPad and PC do not overlap. So you have to rebuy not only the game but each DLC which is a major bummer. Most modern games bind these on account so I am a little surprised Slitherine's cash grab there.

Personally as a fan of the game, I'd like to see Slitherine progress with the game or release the licence to someone who will progress with it. They really are not reinventing the wheel as Yann and Clem have done massive amount of Research and Development over years to get this system right. Devil Pig has even broken the DLC down into marketable and eagerly awaited known IP's. The art assets are readily available and ready to go. I don't know how massive of a silver platter this needs to be served up on to get Slitherine to bite here.

All I can say is I am thankful that Devil Pig Games supports the game well in Cardboard. Yann and Clem really love this game and it shows with the hard work they put into the compendium and soon to be launched on kickstarter "Heroes of Stalingrad".
GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by GiveWarAchance »

"Heroes of Stalingrad" is like the Locked n loaded Heroes of Stalingrad game or something totally different?
Dusty27
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Dusty27 »

Heroes of Normandie is the game we have now utilizing the "Heroes System". Heroes of Stalingrad is just an all new theater and can use interchange units with Heroes of Normandie that uses the "Heroes System". We expect that should the sales be there we might also see Heroes of Africa somewhat further down the road.

Heroes of Black Reach is a 40K theater using the Heroes System that is less compatable with Heroes of Normandie than something like Shadows over Normandie that also uses the Heroes System.

Hopefully that doesn't sound as confusing as it may read.
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Okay thanks. Hopefully the company will make those new expansions. It is quite a unique game.

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”