New patch?

Sovereignty is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It combines a kingdom management campaign game with a general's level tactical battle game.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

ycloon
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

New patch?

Post by ycloon »

Hey devs,

Any idea on when the new patch is ready?

Thanks
Sieben
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: New patch?

Post by Sieben »

I wonder why Slitherine bothers to release games they are not going to support, or even bother to complete. This looked like a winner, with all the elements of a great fantasy strategy game, but after months of nothing I am convinced that it is abandonware. Do they really make enough off the initial release to even pay expenses? Puzzled, disappointed and feeling ripped off.
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas »

We, as the publisher, are dependant on the developers to keep producing updates, while on the other hand, the developers are forced by market realities to prioritise their time based on financial priorities and necessities.

Sovereignty had seen a long development process in Early Access where the developers made major changes and additions to the game based on the community's feedback, and then proceeded to fix the bugs reported after the official release, creating a very unique and fun title.
As for continued tweaks to the game, the developers have not officially given up on them, but clearly the time they can continue allocating to the game is limited, and they have not been able to tell us any estimates on how long a future patch would take. As such, we are unable to give you any more information, unfortunately.
Breca
Gothic Labs
Gothic Labs

Post by Breca »

That said, we have released the beta AI Overhaul plus general game fixes to Slitherine, who will determine patch release date.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

Breca wrote:That said, we have released the beta AI Overhaul plus general game fixes to Slitherine, who will determine patch release date.
Thank you for continious work on the game. It's still unique in the genre and I know many of us enjoy! Keep up the good work!
collollio
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by collollio »

Hopefully you fixed the black screen bug that killed the game for a bunch of us, long after we paid for it
Gecco21
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Gecco21 »

I would like to get an answer: when will the new patch being available for the customers of the game? Just simply a date. Thx.
Vissavald
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Vissavald »

"The time they can continue allocating to the game is limited"(c)

Yes. The modern situation in gaming industry in ten words. No time to make your product worthy of the price you asked for it (and GOT, I ask you to note!). Isn't it wonderful?
fpulido

tired of waiting, slitherine needs to boot game

Post by fpulido »

Last I heard a 1.1 patch was in progress back in May, over 7 months ago.

The game crashed in the tutorial. Froze on some menu, button commands "click" but not actual response. Game also crashed and the volume went mad when I went back to get some screenshots. 3 times. the most annoying is the combat crash that happens every 3rd combat or so, gets boring to refight over and over after awhile.

This software is broken, been eyeing this game for months, it's the sort of thing I like but stayed away because of horrible reviews. Took a chance on it because of a big sale price. Sadly, all is fail. The reviews are right. The raw code for this game was written by a spasmatic monkey.

Return to “Sovereignty”