Newbie: any info of future releases?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
akmatov
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Newbie: any info of future releases?

Post by akmatov » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:38 pm

Just now purchased Field of Glory II, some background with Field of Glory I, but just got sucked in.

Probably talked about in the past, but I just got onboard; is there any hint as to the direction of future releases?

SnuggleBunnies
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Re: Newbie: any info of future releases?

Post by SnuggleBunnies » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:29 pm

The first DLC was Immortal Fire, covering the Persian Wars. Looking at how things were done for FOG1, we can broadly expect further coverage of the ancient world first - Imperial Rome, maybe the chariot empires etc. After that, I'm guessing a chronological advance, Dark Ages - late middle ages. So, (assuming the game remains financially successful enough to continue to procure funding) the final product (maybe 3 years?) would cover warfare from Egypt and the Hittites to the Hundred Years War/rise of the Ottoman Empire. The period after that is covered by Pike and Shot.

Keep in mind that this is all educated guesswork, I am in no way affiliated with the dev team.

GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by GiveWarAchance » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:45 pm

The 100 Years War between England & france.would be perfect. I love that war. And I love the Crusades. I hope for either of those as a DLC focus.

SnuggleBunnies
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by SnuggleBunnies » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:25 pm

If fog2 follows the same format, Swords and Scimitars and Storm of Arrows would cover those 2 topics.

Yggdrassil
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Yggdrassil » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:29 pm

SnuggleBunnies wrote:The first DLC was Immortal Fire, covering the Persian Wars. Looking at how things were done for FOG1, we can broadly expect further coverage of the ancient world first - Imperial Rome, maybe the chariot empires etc. After that, I'm guessing a chronological advance, Dark Ages - late middle ages. So, (assuming the game remains financially successful enough to continue to procure funding) the final product (maybe 3 years?) would cover warfare from Egypt and the Hittites to the Hundred Years War/rise of the Ottoman Empire. The period after that is covered by Pike and Shot.

Keep in mind that this is all educated guesswork, I am in no way affiliated with the dev team.

So you think that Slitherine/Byzantine will keep the Pike & Shot brand intact and develop it further with sequels in the future, and keep the FoG2 brand seperate and reserved for other earlier periods?

I personally would like that, since I prefer the P&S style to FoG2 style...

GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:53 pm

SnuggleBunnies wrote:If fog2 follows the same format, Swords and Scimitars and Storm of Arrows would cover those 2 topics.
I don't have fog1 so I hope they make those for fog2 too. I love those wars.

vakarr

Post by vakarr » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:06 pm

Classified information removed by moderator.

Return to “Field of Glory II”