I am quite pesimistic about this game...

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

K 19
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: I am quite pesimistic about this game...

Post by K 19 »

So , looking through the forums maybe 80-85% of players do not want 3d?
This is a niche game and most of the players you will get are already here .
You may attract some newbies , but it is a game where you can`t expect a massive influx of players .
If the current players were interested in fancy graphics do u think they would be playing PC?.
And if the new players were into fancy graphics would they be playing PC?
Don`t stuff if
I agree. I think the developers are making a huge mistake switching over to 3d when the majority of players here prefer 2d. Panzer Corps is a niche game with a small, but loyal fan base. Devs, do not turn your back on that base who have stuck with it through each series and have kept you in the money.

A strategy game should be about game play first, and graphics second. I played Order of Battle (which is very similar to Panzer Corps), and it runs much slower on my computer compared to PC, plus the 3d looks like crap. It also has a 2d graphics setting option, and that looks even worse. The quickest way to kill off this game series is to ignore your core fan base and switch to 3d instead of sticking with 2d and focusing on improving game play and AI.

A lot of your player base is older people who have older and slower computers. 3d games always run slower than 2d. Many of us are either retired, or close to it, and do not have disposable money to buy a new computer every time you decide to update the next version of PC with fancy 3d graphics. Older players generally prefer great game play over fancy graphics. Again, do not bite the hand that feeds you by ignoring your fan base who wants Panzer Corps 2 to stick with 2d graphics.
tenshin111
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by tenshin111 »

K 19 wrote:
I agree. I think the developers are making a huge mistake switching over to 3d when the majority of players here prefer 2d. Panzer Corps is a niche game with a small, but loyal fan base. Devs, do not turn your back on that base who have stuck with it through each series and have kept you in the money.
Have you actually done a survey of the player base? I have seen a dozen or so forum users complaining about the switch to 3D, that's all. We haven't even seen a single screenshot not to mention some playable early alpha build and everyone is already all doom and gloom about the game :?
DocDesastro
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DocDesastro »

Those surveys do not tell much. I would hazard the guess that the majority of customers are not giving any feedback or do not want to be bothered with a survey. They are content with consuming the game for a while and that is all - for different reasons. Whether they will buy the sequel or not - who can tell? The active users, however, the ones that go into forums give real feedback because they seem to care for this certain product. They are 'fans' of the game or at least its genre. And they are quite critical. Nevertheless their input should not be disregarded as it is a reflected and refined opinion and not a decision made on the doorstep. I guess Microsoft does the same mistake. Surveys indicate that the majority of users is dumb or does not bother with operating system functions - so let us make them look like a smartphone and hide everything important. In that case you disgruntle the advanced users or experts - they might turn elsewhere. And now imagine: these are the people not buying the core game but they will most likely buy the DLC and bonus contents as well and stick to the series. Increasing that number of persons would be wise. In my experience made with games these persons tend to introduce others to the game because they like it that much - they are doing free advertisement and if the game is moddable invent mods which the creators of the game could see as inspiration for sequels. A 'normal' person would just buy the game, play some hours, then buy another or maybe one DLC if he/she liked it. The problem is: what does one want: make as much money as possible at once - then please as many persons as possible - and be dependant on their whim to make a future earnings with them. Or support a niche market. Be content that you are not EA but do the best in your field of specialization and have a loyal - maybe even growing - fanbase. Quality can attract new blood and will keep old blood in the game. My 5 cent.
ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by ptje63 »

RandomAttack wrote:And further, based on enemy-adjacent conditions, there are times you only get PARTIAL resupply or NONE at all. This is a simple, elegant system that IMO is just right for a "tactical/operational hybrid" game. I like it so much I don't think I've ever even experimented playing with it turned off.
Have seen occasions when thre outcome was not very logical:
In one example late 1945 a Stalin 2 tank I attacked from different sides, finally retreating across/on a river, but still 3 strong / not able to finish it off. It was completely cut off from other Russian units and 2 German units adjacent. Next turn it was simply 10 strong again.
In a 2nd example a russian tank (dont remember which one, but was in early 1942), 3 points strong was also cut off from other Russian units and encircled by three Me.109s, also next turn back to 10 strength. And how? Not connected with Russian units, so no land-supply / and airsupply impossible with 3 Me.109s...
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

ptje63 wrote:
RandomAttack wrote:And further, based on enemy-adjacent conditions, there are times you only get PARTIAL resupply or NONE at all. This is a simple, elegant system that IMO is just right for a "tactical/operational hybrid" game. I like it so much I don't think I've ever even experimented playing with it turned off.
Have seen occasions when thre outcome was not very logical:
In one example late 1945 a Stalin 2 tank I attacked from different sides, finally retreating across/on a river, but still 3 strong / not able to finish it off. It was completely cut off from other Russian units and 2 German units adjacent. Next turn it was simply 10 strong again.
In a 2nd example a russian tank (dont remember which one, but was in early 1942), 3 points strong was also cut off from other Russian units and encircled by three Me.109s, also next turn back to 10 strength. And how? Not connected with Russian units, so no land-supply / and airsupply impossible with 3 Me.109s...
Only the one aircraft above counts towards limited resupply. Land units yes all adjacent but only the air unit on that hex counts.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”