Multiplayer Crash: How do you get out of it?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
mdavis41
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Multiplayer Crash: How do you get out of it?

Post by mdavis41 »

I am playing several multiplayer battles. Two, Mantinea and Phillipi, designed by modders, not the Developer, are causing some serious problems.

After my opponent plays and the action reverts to me, as I watch the replay of my opponents moves, the Turn marker and all game controls but "options" disappear from the screen. It is my turn, but I cannot do anything. As I highlight a unit, its "move" possibilities are shown as a vague shadow in light orange (I think), not the normal move squares. I can't actually move as I have no controls. Worse, I can't even exit the game so I have to shut down the computer and restart. When I go to the multiplayer screen the scenarios are still there showing my turn. I get the same result as above if I try to play my turn. How can I delete these scenarios from my challenge list etc? I don't see delete or terminate as control options within the Multiplayer interface.

I'm not sure if there is a connection, but as I started to experience this problem I began to have problems with Windows 10 itself, resulting soon after in my desktop crashing and needing to re-install Windows.

Is this a bug that has made its way into the scenario or just a software issue. I have a powerful new computer so I don't think my system is the problem.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Multiplayer Crash: How do you get out of it?

Post by zakblood »

no idea tbh, but a report may help us at least say it's not your pc or errors from it etc

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post with first adding the file to a zip, which is then permitted to attach to the forum
mdavis41
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mdavis41 »

Attached. I think the system report is clear.

My question is, how do you delete a game that you believe is compromised from the Multiplayer list of games you have accepted and are currently playing? Or maybe you just don't like it or want to terminate it.
Attachments
DxDiag.rar
(14.08 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
mdavis41
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mdavis41 »

Hereare some screen shots of the problem.
Attachments
IMG_5952.JPG
IMG_5952.JPG (90.83 KiB) Viewed 4616 times
IMG_5953s.jpg
IMG_5953s.jpg (89.02 KiB) Viewed 4616 times
IMG_5954s.jpg
IMG_5954s.jpg (40.08 KiB) Viewed 4616 times
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

just information for the developers, as for one i have no idea on mac's or emulation sorry

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299)

System Model: iMac17,1

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM

User DPI Setting: 288 DPI (300 percent)
System DPI Setting: 288 DPI (300 percent)

Card name: AMD RADEON R9 M395X
Dedicated Memory: 4072 MB

Current Mode: 5120 x 2880 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Id: APPAE06
Native Mode: 2560 x 2880(p) (59.982Hz)

Cirrus Logic CS4206B (AB 130) sound card chip set
Date and Size: 10/8/2015 old

no game related errors logged
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

I'm not sure if there is a connection, but as I started to experience this problem I began to have problems with Windows 10 itself, resulting soon after in my desktop crashing and needing to re-install Windows.

Is this a bug that has made its way into the scenario or just a software issue. I have a powerful new computer so I don't think my system is the problem.
the game works fine with windows 10 on supported hardware, no idea tbh if it's the emulation or imac hardware either or software / driver issues, as unless the developer has tested it this sort of setup and can explain how or if it works, it's hard to say

http://www.slitherine.com/products/651/ ... f.Glory.II

as stated on the product page, it's designed for windows and pc's, using emulation and none pc hardware, which some parts are and some aren't on imac's etc, plus drivers etc etc, it's hard to really get into what could be the issue, but the developer should be able to say, how at least to get out of the online game part etc, but to fix it on your version and hardware is something else i'm not sure they can or will do
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Unfortunately we are unable to provide support for issues that occur only on PC emulators. We do not have the necessary hardware or software to provide meaningful support.

If the game is irretrievably stalled (in your turn) you could ask your opponent (by PM) to claim the game as abandoned after 7 days inactivity.
Richard Bodley Scott

mdavis41
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mdavis41 »

If the game is irretrievably stalled (in your turn) you could ask your opponent (by PM) to claim the game as abandoned after 7 days inactivity.
Thank you Richard, that is what I'm looking for.

One other issue I have noted. During replays in the Multiplayer mode, the End Turn icon turns gold and starts to pulse, as though it is now your turn, but then it stops and the replay continues.

By the way, I am not emulating Windows 10. I have a dual boot machine and always restart in native Windows 10 mode. Other than some issues with the Mac keyboard, there is very little of the Mac present in a Windows 10 native environment using 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5. You might therefore want to keep an eye on the errors I have found in case they crop up again.
mdavis41
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mdavis41 »

What do you make of the screens I have shared? The coloured squares and absence of control icons?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

mdavis41 wrote:One other issue I have noted. During replays in the Multiplayer mode, the End Turn icon turns gold and starts to pulse, as though it is now your turn, but then it stops and the replay continues.
Will look into that.
By the way, I am not emulating Windows 10. I have a dual boot machine and always restart in native Windows 10 mode. Other than some issues with the Mac keyboard, there is very little of the Mac present in a Windows 10 native environment using 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5. You might therefore want to keep an eye on the errors I have found in case they crop up again.
Fair enough.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

mdavis41 wrote:What do you make of the screens I have shared? The coloured squares and absence of control icons?
The coloured squares are ZOC indicators. It looks like it is showing the ZOC indicators but not the rest of the potential movement tile-highlighting.

Other than that I can't make anything of it. This has not been reported by anyone else, nor on vanilla content. I find it hard to see how user content could cause the issue, however. It still might be something odd to do with your (non-standard) setup.
Richard Bodley Scott

mdavis41
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mdavis41 »

Well, I'm really enjoying FoG II very much and the only problem I have come across was with the Multiplayer replay function I have tried to describe. So we have a great game here with lots of excellent in-game scenarios and many more being designed by our friends in the modding community. Thank you Richard and all involved.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

mdavis41 wrote:Well, I'm really enjoying FoG II very much and the only problem I have come across was with the Multiplayer replay function I have tried to describe. So we have a great game here with lots of excellent in-game scenarios and many more being designed by our friends in the modding community. Thank you Richard and all involved.
Thank you. Sorry about the issue you have with MP.
Richard Bodley Scott

wzfcns
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by wzfcns »

Never playing several multiplayer battle.Is that use Pbem?
Working on the Silk Road mod for FOG2 and FOG2:Medieval.
mdavis41
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mdavis41 »

Just a quick update. I have now played many more Multiplayer games. I have not had any repetition of the problem I had earlier. All systems go!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

mdavis41 wrote:Just a quick update. I have now played many more Multiplayer games. I have not had any repetition of the problem I had earlier. All systems go!
Good news! Thanks for bringing us up to date.
Richard Bodley Scott

dixitarjun
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by dixitarjun »

Field of Glory II is constantly loading a black screen on the start up and crashing after the recent system and driver updates on my Windows 10 PC. Please help me fix it.

junk from post removed
Last edited by zakblood on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: links removed
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Try deleting your OPTIONS.TXT file in My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
gujar

Post by gujar »

My Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2. check

Return to “Field of Glory II”