Field of Glory II - The Alexander Tournament is here

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory II - The Alexander Tournament is here

Post by Daniele »

Have you always dreamt to follow the deeds of Alexander The Great? Or have you ever wondered if you could have done better than him?

Now you have the chance to see this with your own eyes, as the great Alexander Tournament for Field of Glory II is open.

96 fierce warriors are requested for this great adventure, will you be one of them? Join here!

The Tournament is composed of 3 rounds (using the rules from the previous FoG II tournaments - Swiss system, paired games in each round etc.):

Macedonians (365-329 BC) v Greeks – Mediterranean hilly terrain
Macedonians (365-329 BC) v Persians – Mediterranean agricultural terrain
Macedonians (328-321 BC) v Indians – Tropical terrain

The first round is set to start on Monday 12th!

Most of the armies are from Immortal Fire, but you do not need Immortal Fire to play so everyone is invited to join and participate

Scotty123
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Field of Glory II - The Alexander Tournament is here

Post by Scotty123 »

is this separate from the DIGITAL tournament, which by the way is a mess? were can I find further info on this tourny>
mhladnik
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by mhladnik »

Click on the banner or the link, the rest of the info is all in Daniele's post. Yes, it's separate. No, the digital league is not a mess at all. Sometimes when everybody seems to be driving on the wrong side of the road, you might consider you're the one using the wrong lane.
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Daniele »

Hi Scotty,

Yes, this tournament is different and separate from the Digital League. It works like all the others tournaments we made for FOG2 in the past. You can find the general info here:
http://www.slitherine.com/tournaments/r ... terStatus=
Scotty123

Post by Scotty123 »

Tell you what mhladnik, do me a favor and go in and have a look at the dIGITAL tourny and see if you can match up two armys as asked for by the game moderator. Lots of luck with that. Players need guidance with tourntys no good to have a mod that seems like he is lost himself.
mhladnik

Post by mhladnik »

I've set up two matches and been invited to six more in the first days. You're welcome, happy to do one a favour.
Scotty123

Post by Scotty123 »

lol well good for you. for most of us, the dang thing is just a mess. but glad you are okay/ i was really worried about you.
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

I set up 16 matches no problem. stockwellpete has done a great job with the digital league. Anyway, on topic - I've signed up for this too. See you all on the field!
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
mhladnik

Post by mhladnik »

Ok, no snark: who's most of us? I really only saw you lost and complaining on the boards. Lots of matches arranged and the results are coming in (I'm a beginner, too) - but it's true the league is very big.

Anyway, this is all off topic, moderators are welcome to remove my posts. Problems with the digital league should be resolved in the appropriate subforum, where you can get the answers. But ask nicely, your first post @ stockwellpete read as a personal attack, rather than a question.
klayeckles
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by klayeckles »

i wonder if it is possible to increase the round time a couple days...with digital going too it can be difficult with time zones (all you euro-down under dudes)
Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Cunningcairn »

Scotty123 wrote:lol well good for you. for most of us, the dang thing is just a mess. but glad you are okay/ i was really worried about you.
None of what you say is true Scotty123. It is and has always been a well run tournament by a very competent organiser.
SpeedyCM
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by SpeedyCM »

Another first timer to the digital league here and I have had no issues setting up 10 matches and accepting a few more with 2 games already completed and another on the verge of completion.
Instructions from stockwellpete were well written and easy to follow.
76mm
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by 76mm »

Hi, I've signed up but don't understand one thing--are these mirror games, or what? If not I'll probably withdraw.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

Scotty123 wrote:...see if you can match up two armys as asked for by the game moderator. Lots of luck with that.
Don't really understand your point...are you turning off the geographic and date filters when you are trying to "match armies" (not really sure what that means)? If not, best to ask questions first before throwing insults...
shadowblack
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by shadowblack »

Scotty123 wrote: see if you can match up two armys as asked for by the game moderator. Lots of luck with that.
So which two armies would you like to see matched up then Scotty? I don't need luck to set up any match you care to name.
Benedict151
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Benedict151 »

76mm wrote:Hi, I've signed up but don't understand one thing--are these mirror games, or what? If not I'll probably withdraw.
Hello 76mm, if you are asking about the Alexander Tournament the answer is yes, these are paired games

regards

Ben Wilkins

Return to “News & Announcements”