Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock - Dev Diary #4 - Wear & Tear

Post by AlbertoC »

“There’s an approach to bay C by an unidentified vessel.”

Jacob didn’t even look up from his paperwork. He had to find room for twenty new inmates by tomorrow. No matter how many fingers of whiskey he downed, the numbers would just not line up for him. “It’ll be the supply run. Pass it through.”

“But the distribution agent isn’t due for another few hours--”

“I said pass it through! I swear you newbies are the reason I drink before breakfast.”

There was a pause before the gate officer spoke again. “I suppose I should wave through those centurions coming down the gangway as well, then?”

Jacob looked up at that, and slowly raised his hands above his head. “That... is not the shipment I was expecting.”

Attention, nuggets! It’s been a busy time of year, and we’ve been heads down working on the next set of updates for BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Deadlock. Although there’s not a lot we can share right now, we’ve managed to sneak some previews past the Admiral to share.

Damage Visualisation

A long-time request has been for visual damage to show on the ships throughout the course of combat. We’re currently experimenting with systems that show the wear and tear that ships take while under fire.

No longer will your battlestar be as pristine as it once was, debarking from the Daidalos gantry, all shiny and new with nary a scratch.

Expanding SIGINT and Blueprints

After the success of introducing SIGINT directly to the CIC of the Daidalos, we’re looking to further expand the flow of information to commanders.

We’ve heard plenty of feedback regarding the lack of information present at the point of blueprint purchase. We will be looking at updating this screen to better inform players what their decisions are during the R&D process.

Additionally, we’re looking at options to further expand the usefulness of the SIGINT Advisory. The more data we can provide to the player about their board state, the better their decision making can be.

Bugfixes and Updates

As always, we’re on the hunt for bugs, and updating any niggly user experience issues we come across.

Many carrier commanders will be happy to note that default squadron groups will soon be optional, and available in the Options menu.

We’re also stomping on the bug that awarded players DUPLICATE Galacticas after a certain story mission - yes, we all love the big bird, but you just can’t have two of them!

We’ll have more news for you as we get closer to patch date. In the meantime, keep the toasters hungry, and your ships in the air. So say we all!

Return to “News & Announcements”