Embrace the (Steam) Madness!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Embrace the (Steam) Madness!

Post by Daniele »

From February 27th (10am PST) to March 2nd (10am PST) you will have the chance to grab some of the best strategy games around at a special price!

Grab gems like Battlestar Galactica Deadlock at 25% off, or Field of Glory II at 34% off, Strategic Command WWII War in Europe at 51% off and many more!

Also, great classics are getting huge discounts as well! Take Panzer Corps at 90% off, Order of Battle Rising Sun at 75% off, Battle Academy at 80% off, the list is endless!

Embrace the Madness, check the whole catalogue here

The offer starts on Steam at 10 am PST
ElDude
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Embrace the (Steam) Madness!

Post by ElDude »

Wouldn't it be great if we could purchase these games for the same price without STEAM DRM? I know 2 games I would buy right now for the price, if it were not for having DRM imposed on the purchase.
edb1815
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by edb1815 »

ElDude wrote:Wouldn't it be great if we could purchase these games for the same price without STEAM DRM? I know 2 games I would buy right now for the price, if it were not for having DRM imposed on the purchase.
You can at the Slitherine Holiday sale, but you'll have to wait until next year I am afraid. I usually buy through Slitherine and then download into my Steam account. It is a shame some people take such offense with Steam. I find having games consolidated on my Steam account has its' advantages.
ElDude
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ElDude »

You can at the Slitherine Holiday sale, but you'll have to wait until next year I am afraid. I usually buy through Slitherine and then download into my Steam account. It is a shame some people take such offense with Steam. I find having games consolidated on my Steam account has its' advantages.[/quote]

I'm aware of the holiday sale on slitherine and matrix, thanks. As for steam, yes it has it's advantages, makes somethings easy. however, when I purchase a game, I figure it's mine within the copyright limits. I determine if I want to update it. I also don't want to have to go through any extra steps that allow me to play the game in the privacy of my own home, on the privacy of my own computer. I don't need big brother looking over my shoulder. I don't need software monitoring my use of games, my time on the computer, when I leave home, what size shoe I wear. I don't need big brother telling me I did well in my game and I earned some kind of stupid, "we're watching you:, points.

One has to wonder what the point of watching you is? That holiday sale also shows up on steam. They don't miss a trick trying to get any and all information on you that they can. For what? They are selling you. But there's more going on that we have yet to find out about. They are collecting information about everything they can find on us. not only about game use, but about what you do with your day, what stores you frequent, what colors you like... What are they going to do with all of that? One day we will find out. I believe a lot of us are not going to be happy.

I'm very uncomfortable with steam. It bothers me that to purchase any game now, almost always requires steam. The few houses that sell their own products is dwindling, DRM free products in particular. Even if you purchase the game on another site, most likely the link will take you to steam and their DRM. But, it makes things easy for people and for that they are willing to give their life's information to the world. and one day, there will only be steam, as it makes it easy for the game companies too.

It would be great if Slitherine would "Embrace the Madness" and offered us a DRM free sale, when Steam promotes their games on sale loaded with spy ware.
edb1815

Post by edb1815 »

If you were aware of the other Slitherine/Matrix sales, then you have no reason to complain about the Steam sale. Other than to complain about their business model of course. Sounds like you have a beef with the internet and privacy in general and in that regard Valve/Steam should be the least of your worries! Unless you are a luddite who stays off the grid your information has been surrendered many times. Shopped on Amazon have you? That makes Steam look like an innocent puppy.

What is the point? Well for one to collect general game play data which is very useful for game companies and designers, in particular MMO type games. In fact you can access metrics for a specific game as well if you were a Steam user of course. Seriously do you think they are watching you specifically, waiting for you to trip up so they can yank the game from your library and give your cc info to the dark web. What does it matter if they know you played 500 hours in Panzer General? Frankly, I like to track how many hours I play on certain games. Some people like the achievements and other things that you are viewing as an evil personal intrusion or at least just silly. The good news is that when Steam takes over there's always board games. :wink:
ElDude
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ElDude »

ebd, not so. I was upset to see the sale was not also on slitherine or matix. I think it's outrageous that my comments warranted a personal attack. I guess if I were a narcissist and someone commented about me constantly seeking the attention of others, I might lash out? no, I'd need to shave 20 IQ points from myself to go to your level. Then again, I made no comments about you. Guess some people never grow up.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Enough with the personal attacks - both of you.

We do a variety of sales, on a variety of storefronts, at a variety of times. This is nothing new.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
ElDude
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ElDude »

Sorry. I won't come back. tired of being attack on your forums.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Daniele wrote:From February 27th (10am PST) to March 2nd (10am PST) you will have the chance to grab some of the best strategy games around at a special price!

Grab gems like Battlestar Galactica Deadlock at 25% off, or Field of Glory II at 34% off, Strategic Command WWII War in Europe at 51% off and many more!

Also, great classics are getting huge discounts as well! Take Panzer Corps at 90% off, Order of Battle Rising Sun at 75% off, Battle Academy at 80% off, the list is endless!

Embrace the Madness, check the whole catalogue here

The offer starts on Steam at 10 am PST
MMmhmm these sales are juicy stuff! PzC 90% is definitely madness (but in a good way).
I definitely sent links to my friends who play strategy games. :D
Jon Kaminski
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Jon Kaminski »

I just have to say...board games are awesome! ;) So are PC games.. :)

Return to “News & Announcements”