stalingrad docks destroyed units (press 'c') query

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

hugh2711
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

stalingrad docks destroyed units (press 'c') query

Post by hugh2711 »

In the scenario stalingrad docks you have to destroy transports coming across the river, some of them are labelled guards, conscripts etc and turn into the relevant unit when unloaded. Q: When you press c to find out the destroyed number of units after scenarios does that number of infantry (first column, first entry,) include those you have destroyed as transports or are those destroyed as tranports ONLY counted in the transport entry in the second column. Thanks for info

reason for query; I was surprised at the large amount of units destroyed in that paticular scenario
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: stalingrad docks destroyed units (press 'c') query

Post by goose_2 »

hugh2711 wrote:In the scenario stalingrad docks you have to destroy transports coming across the river, some of them are labelled guards, conscripts etc and turn into the relevant unit when unloaded. Q: When you press c to find out the destroyed number of units after scenarios does that number of infantry (first column, first entry,) include those you have destroyed as transports or are those destroyed as tranports ONLY counted in the transport entry in the second column. Thanks for info

reason for query; I was surprised at the large amount of units destroyed in that paticular scenario
If you destroy an infantry unit in a transport it counts as a kill for a transport and an infantry
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by hurly »

goose_2 wrote:
hugh2711 wrote:In the scenario stalingrad docks you have to destroy transports coming across the river, some of them are labelled guards, conscripts etc and turn into the relevant unit when unloaded. Q: When you press c to find out the destroyed number of units after scenarios does that number of infantry (first column, first entry,) include those you have destroyed as transports or are those destroyed as tranports ONLY counted in the transport entry in the second column. Thanks for info

If you destroy an infantry unit in a transport it counts as a kill for a transport and an infantry
interesting I never monitored that

so if it counts as a kill of a transport and a unit

does it mean for the overal kill count (assuming you kill a 10 strength Unit) ?

11 kills = 10 units + 1 transport
or
20 kills = 10 units + 10 transports
hugh2711

Post by hugh2711 »

OK So I just did stalingrad docks (in AAR section) and I destroyed 168 units in total (first column only total) there was also 28 transports destroyed (entry in 2nd column) so 28 were destroyed in transit and 140 on the actual ground/town?.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

hugh2711 wrote:OK So I just did stalingrad docks (in AAR section) and I destroyed 168 units in total (first column only total) there was also 28 transports destroyed (entry in 2nd column) so 28 were destroyed in transit and 140 on the actual ground/town?.
Yes.
Screen Shot before.jpg
Screen Shot before.jpg (159.76 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
Screen Shot after.jpg
Screen Shot after.jpg (134.36 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

I believe the kills listed in the Battle History tab of each unit lists only cases where the unit in question fired the final shot that destroyed an enemy unit. I.e. reducing a unit from 10 -> 5 doesn't increment it. The Total kills thing in the general tab lists all damage dealt, so reducing a unit from 10 -> 5 counts as five.

Worth noting is that the iPad and Mac do not have access to the total casualties for the scenario. There is no "press c".
turn4441
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by turn4441 »

hurly wrote:
goose_2 wrote:

interesting I never monitored that

or
The overall kill count is only 10, there is no bonus for the transport(s) as far as a unit's personal kill total even though the transport would also count as a unit destroyed in the 'c' table or unit battle history table. The only time you get 'kills' for a transport is if it is just a cargo truck, train, etc. with no fighting unit attached to it.
hurly

Post by hurly »

turn4441 wrote:
hurly wrote: I never monitored that

or
The overall kill count is only 10, there is no bonus for the transport(s) as far as a unit's personal kill total even though the transport would also count as a unit destroyed in the 'c' table or unit battle history table. The only time you get 'kills' for a transport is if it is just a cargo truck, train, etc. with no fighting unit attached to it.
Good to know Thanks

That Knowledge eluded me as I almost Never Check the Kill Count of a Unit.
It's more like every 5 to 10 Scenarios to get an impression if someone is due for a Hero.

Return to “Panzer Corps”