Thanks a lot for version 2.1 :D
Richard
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Germany Grand Campaign

Post by Horst »

68Leningrad41
- increasing the own reinforcement-hex from 120 to 150 helped me to deploy all units
- aux booty for capturing Rudanfort sux
- completing the scenario only by Capture VP event isn’t that perfect as you can capture all points but not place your 21 cm on these hexes yet. Only a daring AI inf unit recapturing an empty airfield seem to have finished the scenario for me. Thanks, comrade!

71Vyazma
- Ugra without airfield?
- KV-1 booty with blank event picture and green Soviet variant instead of grey German
- Mozhaysk: very bad trigger with Capture VP event combined with scenario end! Better change the scenario-end trigger to Turn Start Event and combine it with the Defend Smolensk objective. This way it’s less confusing when you capture Mozhaysk and don’t get a green check.
I created such a pretty pocket around Vyazma to fill my RP-pockets, as the AI was so terribly idle there, not even trying to break free due lack of supplies. I had captured the Moscow outskirts before taking on Vyazma with all the many reddish Reds.

That’s the end so far, thanks to the garbage campaign editor! :(
Splitting campaigns isn’t such a big deal anymore with the new import rules, but I understand it with the extra work. Actually, I think some XP loss sometime is better for the campaign progression, as it was too easy with only 5-star units later. I already had similar experience when I merged Rising and Morning Sun becoming too easy and boring in the end. Maybe others also rather like to (re-)play certain parts of the PzC campaigns. Who knows what gets broken in the future with savegames that a core-save is possibly the only way to continue.
I’d also add the name of the commanders to objective text, so everyone knows that this is just another possibility to gain them during a long campaign. This has already confused enough players in the official campaigns.
Time to wait for the update then until I go back to cross the Channel!
wolfpinguin
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by wolfpinguin »

The scn 10Brest is a bit confusing.
There ar to cities Brest : - one in France an one in Belarus
In the WWII the city in Belarus was named Brest-Litowsk
Maybe it's possible to change he name in the scn 10Brest while the city in France is also an objective in the battle of France.

W.
RES NON VERBA
Horst

Post by Horst »

Something what I hadn't noticed during playing at first:
The circles of 6Wyszogrod and 7Kampinoska sit on the same spot on the campaign map, making it difficult to switch between scenarios.
I rather thought you simply ignored the branch there, but if you click on the circle once, you switch from Wys to Kampi; only back isn't possible anymore.
SirAllan
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by SirAllan »

Hi Erik

Job well done - I love your campaigns :D

I have a question though - How can I change/remove the trait for the recon vehicles (Fleetinge Presence) so these can capture hexes and VP's like in Panzer Corps?
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

SirAllan wrote:Hi Erik

Job well done - I love your campaigns :D

I have a question though - How can I change/remove the trait for the recon vehicles (Fleetinge Presence) so these can capture hexes and VP's like in Panzer Corps?
Then you need to mod the unit type in the units.csv file.
This is not trivial as any mistakes may cause the game to not load.
Horst

Post by Horst »

SirAllan wrote:How can I change/remove the trait for the recon vehicles (Fleetinge Presence) so these can capture hexes and VP's like in Panzer Corps?
It's not enough to remove the noCapture from recon-class units in units.csv. It's also needed to do the same in the classes.txt under [RECON] as the traits listed there count for the whole class. The noCapture traits found in units.csv are therefore rather redundant for the recon units.
Make a backup of the installation folder files before doing changes, in particular the content of the Data subfolder, if you don't want to create an extra mod for the game!
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Horst wrote:
SirAllan wrote:How can I change/remove the trait for the recon vehicles (Fleetinge Presence) so these can capture hexes and VP's like in Panzer Corps?
It's not enough to remove the noCapture from recon-class units in units.csv. It's also needed to do the same in the classes.txt under [RECON] as the traits listed there count for the whole class. The noCapture traits found in units.csv are therefore rather redundant for the recon units.
Make a backup of the installation folder files before doing changes, in particular the content of the Data subfolder, if you don't want to create an extra mod for the game!
Horst, I've been trying to add AA fire (like other BB; not support fire) to the "BCV Ise". But as this unit's carrier class and I haven't found no "AAfire" trait as such, I suspect this is a mechanic for CA and BB classes only? Is it then possible to change the BCV from carrier to BB-class with planes still being able to land on it (1 slot) and still adding air-support (as carriers do)?
Horst

Post by Horst »

AAFire is only a classes.txt trait which doesn't work in units.csv.
If you change the Ise from carrier to battleship class, you would have to add bcv_ise,bcv_ise_P to the carrier category (between cargo and transport) of each Japanese carrier-based plane in units.csv. This was also done to the German Ju87_C which supports only the CV_Graf_Zeppelin, CV_Jade instead of the whole carrier-class.
I haven't tested it but it should work if you like to do that much work for each Jap carrier-based plane. I'm fine with supportAA for each carrier.
Assaulted_Peanut
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Assaulted_Peanut »

Hi Erik,

I think there might be an issue after the fifth map (5Piatek). So far, I only had major victories. By clicking the crosshair on the map, the scenario changes (I think form the minor victory option 6Wyszogrod to major victory 7Kampinoska).
File is attached.

Greetings Peanut
Attachments
[Germany Grand Campaign] Auto Save (Campaign).rar
(1.51 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Horst

Post by Horst »

Peanut, I've already posted about this issue some posts ago above. You can always choose which scenario you like to play for such branches. There is more freedom (for the sake of testing maybe) here unlike in the original Panzer Corps campaign.
For 6Wyszogrod and 7Kampinoska, you either don't click on the overlapping circles for Wysz or click once for Kampi. If you have already clicked and saved your progress, load the last scenario save from Piatek to play on with the proper scenario this time.

And while I'm already posting here, I can still post about another issue as I'm continuing my journey to the British Isle this time. This one hopefully finishes unlike the eastern campaign.
32Dover: if Germany has laid naval-mines for protection, it would be very helpful to know where with faction-own sea mines. Dunno how many times I've rumbled into them with my submarines and fast boats - definitely more often than the Brits. :oops:
Horst

Post by Horst »

32Dover: there is a Universal Carriers faked as Rolls Royce AC that can be exchanged with the Lanchester_6x4 until the Humber_MkII becomes available in 41. Maybe there are still more fakes throughout the Sea Lion campaign.
By the way, the massive aux-reinforcements aren't really necessary there. The map should be doable with only core units and the starting aux-units.

The maps in Britain seem to be still full of map-edge supply points.
I can only repeat myself a dozen times: a Move or (new) Turn Start event is better for these structure-replacement triggers. It happens too often that you move a unit to capture these structures hexes but they can’t be spawned yet due lack of space. The next Capture VP event can always take a while depending on the scenario.

33Canterbury:
Waltzing Matilda has no event picture.
Somehow the Radio Tower objective didn’t complete although the event picture showed up and I received 12 air command points. I don’t get it with the trigger there, as you are supposed to receive several core aircraft on a single spot in the lower right corner which didn’t show up. I added my own aircraft on the left side which worked too. By the way, I could place WSS units there as these command points weren’t disabled. Better remove any lasting ground-deployment zones there.
It was still a nice little scenario even with mainly aux units. Paratrooper operations are always nice - if they work out in the end. :)
Horst

Post by Horst »

33Canterbury
It was mentioned in the briefing that you may keep the prototype Pak-38 as core. It’s only an aux unit unlike the captured Matilda II there.

34Gravesend
The RAF seems to lack air supply at beginning.
That turn limit is very tight if you don’t plan carefully and go offensively from beginning. It should be noted that you have to remove all enemies from a 2-hex radius around the airstrip-construction sites, including annoying mines. The long 2-hex delay and construction time makes it difficult to get to the last VPs in time without much air support.
No need for the Jap recon vehicle here with Lanchester available.
These construction engineer units seem to have left me with three core Airstrips in the next mission. The Engineer units should not spawn as core units.
Horst

Post by Horst »

35Thames
There are some settlement hexes missing next to port hexes, as you can’t embark from adjacent open terrain hexes. Especially the right most port hex has no possibility for embarkation.
Here once again, the 2-hex requirement can make it tricky to capture all VPs. I guess the whole Sea Lion campaign is still full of these requirements.

What I like so far in this Sea Lion campaign, that you don’t do large leaps to new territory. The terrain is connected between the scenarios, that you can see the fruit of your capturing labour and don’t always feel like a complete stranger there on the next mission.

36Basildon
It’s good to see the Zundapp_Motorcycle there that still resists the slap on every modder’s face since 5.2.9!

I'm currently busy fine-tuning my German availability dates, provoked mainly by the Sea Lion campaign, therefore it will take a while until I continue here. I really hope the unit-availability alerts in the game will work one day again which could easily help tweaking the dates better for scenario starts.
wolfpinguin
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by wolfpinguin »

Hi Erik,

after ending the scn 59Reykjavik the game loads only the tactical map of the next scb 60Belgrade.

W.
RES NON VERBA
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I'm adding all reports to my list.
Horst

Post by Horst »

36Basildon
Is it intended that you lack so many supply points in the north? After crossing that swampy pontoon-bridge improvisation in the first turn, both regions are connected anyway, so why bother separating it from start?
There starts a 3.7cm flak with truck in dense forest in the middle what is normally impossible with truck in OoB. The gun will therefore not disembark from the truck.
The Gravesend scenario-trigger didn’t work. Capture VP event for a scenario end trigger?

37Luton
The FJ objective: you have basically two identical triggers here and one of them will most likely reward the spec point no matter what.
1. Check the FJ’s mission-tab objective box with checked from start
2. Trigger-FJ1: Combat Event, Check Unit Count < 3 Alive, Set Objective State failed
3. Trigger-FJ2: Check scenario turn limit & Check Objective State completed, Add spec
Trigger-2 is simplified without kill-check, as trigger-1 is already doing the job alone.
The Capture US lend-lease tanks objective is already completed right from start as it checks for non-placed Stuart and not the required M2A4 tanks. You have to temporarily add the US faction to select this tank as unit definition.
It’s also better to check-from-start all kind of defend/hold-objectives as these require a Capture-VP event for both sides until they are checked or not. Otherwise, these standard two infinite hex-ownership triggers on Capture VP Event should work fine enough as long as they don’t have any 2-hex-free-of-enemy or other requirements like scenario-end.
I’ve removed all these 2-hex-free requirements from all other triggers, so anything works smoothly. That should also be done with all other scenario objectives, especially if it’s not noted in the objective text; otherwise change Capture VP Event to Any or Turn Start Event to make them work for sure.
Horst

Post by Horst »

37Luton
My FJ trigger-1 didn’t work with Alive <3, but rather with Destroyed >0.
The RAF trigger worked but before all aircraft has been destroyed. Is the Alive-condition rather checking for active units that aren’t in hangars or transport planes? It seems like that kill & casualties and destroyed conditions work better. If aircraft are spawned during a scenario, I guess Alive could also be triggered if some units of that type aren’t spawned yet, hence counting all units plus spawns should work better by counting kills or destroyed.
Horst

Post by Horst »

51LondonS
Some improvised units can be replaced with proper Brit ones. There was still a "Daimler Dingo" Dutch AC although other real Dingos have already been used there. And all these Japanese ACs should be really, really replaced by something like the Lanchester_6x4. Can't hurt to go the force lists of each scenario to find all the fakes quickly.
The Brentwood primary requires a Turn End event to work.
caliban303power
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by caliban303power »

I've played the Grand Campaign through to the Fall of France and reached the point where it branches to Sea Lion. At this point there's a message advising to save the game in case you want to play the non-sealion scenarios, which I've done. But what now? Can you skip on the Belgrade at this point? if so, how? Or do you play through the sea lion scenarios?

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”