Review Posted on Wargamer

Check Your 6 brings you in the middle of the World War II battles, with a turn-based strategy game that carries the spirit of the dogfights.
Oxybeles
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Review Posted on Wargamer

Post by Oxybeles »

"Check Your 6! is a weak implementation of a solid air combat game. Poor AI opponents don’t help - The excitement of out psyching an opponent gets lost when that opponent is just a bunch of 1s and 0s (and not very bright, at that). Mostly, though, it's down to poor design and programming, resulting in a game that's functional, but can’t claim much more. Rarely in the field of digital conflict has so much delivered so little to so many."

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/check-your-6/
canuckgamer
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Review Posted on Wargamer

Post by canuckgamer »

The review confirms the impression I have been getting from reading the posts on the forum. I was also underwhelmed viewing the videos of gameplay on You Tube. The graphic representations of the planes are awful, the worst being the Spitfire. For air battles that took place in the sunny skiesl of the summer of 1940, the battles all look like they are at dusk or night. Poor or unhelpful documentation for gameplay and the feedback and the review are not impressed with the UI. It is unfortunate because I am very interested in the subject matter and a big supporter of WEGO.
Michael T
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Michael T »

Very sad. I had high hopes for this game. Like so many others. The same old pile of rubbish is delivered.

Well at least I still have World of Tanks.

Bring on Steel Tigers. Surely that won't get messed up....
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

I think this review is unfair.
The game is quite nice and the graphics are acceptable as well.
raxulus2
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by raxulus2 »

I agree with you kondi754.
I enjoy the game, and I think it can be a very good game with same adjustments.
Rebel Yell
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rebel Yell »

I think the review is more than fair.

This game is sorely lacking in it's present state.
Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii »

I think the review is not fair at all... is to soft with the big mess that is the game... is basically an alpha with not a lot bugs but totally empty in content and inmersion.

For me Sid Meier´s Ace Patrol is more game than CY6 and if we compare it with Over the Reich or Achtung Spitfire...

For me CY6 is now the biggest disappointment in 2018, i expected a modern OTR/AS and i see something inferior to what we can play in 90s, only improvement is 3D and even with this the quality of models is poor at least.
Solaristics
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Solaristics »

Scutarii wrote: if we compare it with Over the Reich or Achtung Spitfire...
I too was hoping that AS was going to be the baseline and CY6 was going to build upon it. Seems that the hobby continues to reinvent the wheel. The most important thing about AS is that it probably had the best AI of any game I played - I often played it on easier levels because it was so hard and I've not done that before or since with any other game (for non-cheating levels). The reason was that computers are much better than humans at solving 3D geometry problems on the fly. I was hoping for the same here.
raxulus2

Post by raxulus2 »

The more I play this game and the more I think it could be a very good game.
I played OTR/AS, the two aces games and others (do you remember computer air combat from SSI).
Of course the game as to be polished to be really CY6 for computer.
I hope the designers are going to patch it as soon as possible to meet this objective. :arrow: 8)
AP514
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AP514 »

Too bad...this one is a PASS for me....Really had high hopes for this one....Sigh
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

After beta testing this game? It was a pass for me also. Kind of boring after a while. Graphics are fair at best and could have been better but maybe a patch or update will come up and fix some things. Just have to wait and see.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 06&t=85025

1.1.0 Public Beta available on Steam - Skirmish mode added

Hi Everyone,

We have started a public beta of the 1.1.0 update over on Steam. You can learn about it here; https://steamcommunity.com/app/715800/d ... 132451400/

The biggest addition is of course the Skirmish mode, but you can find the full changelog in the thread above.

We hope the new version will prove to be working fine in public beta, and we can release an official version for both Slitherine and Steam shortly.
seems again voices have been listened to and game has been altered and amended / added to, as was already the plan
DerGrenadier89
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by DerGrenadier89 »

I bought it and it immediately landed on my "pile of shame". I even couldnt get pass 1 tutorial mission. For me this game has no "soul". It doesnt want me to get more into it. I totaly agree with the Wargamer review and I think its spot on.
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

DerGrenadier89 wrote:I bought it and it immediately landed on my "pile of shame". I even couldnt get pass 1 tutorial mission. For me this game has no "soul". It doesnt want me to get more into it. I totaly agree with the Wargamer review and I think its spot on.
I have to agree. It's an OK game but not one that I would buy. Always the same thing over and over.
Damascus

Post by Damascus »

First (and last) game I bought on release. Hope that devs will make it better. Every scenario feels the same.
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

With some improvements? I might buy the game but I'll wait to see if there are any updates or patches made for it yet. It can be a really hard game. That I remember.

Return to “Check Your 6!”