Sandstorm units

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Steenv
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Sandstorm units

Post by Steenv »

IMHO there is a problem with units available. First off 1941 units

There were no 38t and StuG III B in the dessert in 1941, I know that there were 2-3 StuG III B later on in lata 1942, and Herman Goring had StuG III G in 1943. Also no SturmPanzer I, Wurfenwerfrer and Kral Gerat 40.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Sandstorm units

Post by Erik2 »

All Wehrmacht units are available as usual, wether they were actually used in the desert or not.
This is similar to all campaigns, unless the campaign designer have manually excluded certain units type in the campaign editor.
This is a good thing since players can try out various unit combinations.
If you want to limit your core units to historically used units, feel free.

Now, if there are aux units using non-historic unit types, I agree with you.
UweBlietschau
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by UweBlietschau »

All infantry unit have no desert uniforms - they use the old normal uniforms !
Why we cant use desert camo uniforms ???

Also the british units have only green camo tanks and vehicles !
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

UweBlietschau wrote:All infantry unit have no desert uniforms - they use the old normal uniforms !
Why we cant use desert camo uniforms ???

Also the british units have only green camo tanks and vehicles !
So, let me sum this up: The game has been released for a few hours. You havent played or posted about a single mission. Most people around here havent even had a chance to look at the final version for sale. Including me. (Downloading now)
And the first thing you do is go online and complain about desert uniforms. Yeah. Well done. :roll:

Seriously, Sandstorm adds a ton of new graphics, units and designs to OoB previously not available in official content or mods. Nothing comparable in desert camo or mods for this game is around and Panzercorps 2 is far away.
So stop whining.
UweBlietschau
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by UweBlietschau »

So, let me sum this up: The game has been released for a few hours. You havent played or posted about a single mission. Most people around here havent even had a chance to look at the final version for sale. Including me. (Downloading now)
And the first thing you do is go online and complain about desert uniforms. Yeah. Well done. :roll:

Seriously, Sandstorm adds a ton of new graphics, units and designs to OoB previously not available in official content or mods. Nothing comparable in desert camo or mods for this game is around and Panzercorps 2 is far away.
So stop whining.
I played the 1st 2 scenarios of the so called African campaign - and its really not funny - its mostly the same scale and maps from Panzer Corps - thats boring !
postscript: The german planes fly also with normal camo but they have to used also desert camo.

Sorry - but for me - that isnt enough - I dont play again a campaign without historical camo !
I bought this DLC - but I am annoyed now.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

UweBlietschau wrote:
I played the 1st 2 scenarios of the so called African campaign - and its really not funny - its mostly the same scale and maps from Panzer Corps - thats boring !
postscript: The german planes fly also with normal camo but they have to used also desert camo.

Sorry - but for me - that isnt enough - I dont play again a campaign without historical camo !
I bought this DLC - but I am annoyed now.
We are sorry to disappoint you in your first few minutes of playing, your grace.
UweBlietschau
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by UweBlietschau »

We are sorry to disappoint you in your first few minutes of playing, your grace.
Can you please answer objectively and without this arrogance - you are an moderator here. Please stop to attack personally !
Or do you not tolerate constructive criticism ? I remember to some others here to write negativ critics - and than they all were deleted.
This is not an appropriate procedure for an modern company - this is slowly getting around in the community...

and BTW - If you would like to use titles - you can call me Doctor - I have this titel and also an M.A. and 2 state examination.
Last edited by UweBlietschau on Wed May 16, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yogi the Great
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Yogi the Great »

Yeah I almost refused to buy for fear that the Italian Flag was wrong too. :mrgreen:

Actually though I did buy along with one of the other DLC's that was on sale. Uniforms? Flags? If important to the buyer I accept their personal opinion as valid for them. The question for many of us though will be is it a good game.
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

UweBlietschau wrote:
Can you please answer objectively and without this arrogance - you are an moderator here. Please stop to attack personally !
The Devs with the beta testers focused on the GAME balance, new features etc.... Your attention regarding the uniforms is not most important thing on this world:). Be patient in the future it will be change...
UweBlietschau
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by UweBlietschau »

Be patient in the future it will be change...
That we all heared in the last 12 months....
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

UweBlietschau wrote:
Be patient in the future it will be change...
That we all heared in the last 12 months....
You are a newcomer (Joined:26 Apr 2018 13:07) and you heared that in the last 12 months ?
UweBlietscchau = HBalck...
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

Doctor Hermann Balck :wink:
UweBlietschau
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by UweBlietschau »

Doctor Hermann Balck
I dont understand the joke - but perhaps what means Hermann Balck - is this a hidden code for an undesirable person ?
I play this game long ago as Hot seat with my son, so I know something about the development.

BTW - my facebook account !
https://www.facebook.com/uwe.blietschau
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

You told us to talk to you "doctor" :)
Perhaps you are not HBalck but you behave similarly
UweBlietschau
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by UweBlietschau »

Damn - who is HBalck ? He is also a doctor ? I am confused now !!?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

UweBlietschau wrote:
Damn - who is HBalck ? He is also a doctor ? I am confused now !!?
If you followed what passed for 12 months you should know.
Good night I am going to go to bed...
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

UweBlietschau wrote: Can you please answer objectively and without this arrogance - you are an moderator here. Please stop to attack personally !
Or do you not tolerate constructive criticism ? I remember to some others here to write negativ critics - and than they all were deleted.
This is not an appropriate procedure for an modern company - this is slowly getting around in the community...

and BTW - If you would like to use titles - you can call me Doctor - I have this titel and also an M.A. and 2 state examination.
Oh. My. God. All these degrees and all that education and you cant string together a proper, coherent sentence? Well, at least I dont doubt that the state has examined you twice. Just not in an academic way. :mrgreen:
Anyways, please stick around and elaborate your views on this game, the world and general proceedings. I will read everything. * opens popcorn *

@all: We certainly tolerate robust debate and open criticism. This is a man-made game and thus imperfect; the devs, Slitherine and the mods take all your concerns seriously. But please use these forums in the polite and reasonable manner you take as granted in real life. Otherwise, this goes to hell real quick.
UweBlietschau
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by UweBlietschau »

I am a german - and I learned russian and french languages at highschool - not english.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

UweBlietschau wrote:I am a german - and I learned russian and french languages at highschool - not english.
Well, then I'm glad that this language barrier has not stopped you from being obnoxious online. Congratulations on your empowerment. :roll:
UweBlietschau
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by UweBlietschau »

Well, then I'm glad that this language barrier has not stopped you from being obnoxious online. Congratulations on your empowerment.
Thank you ! I can afford it.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”