Wargamer PzC 2 first screenshots

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

UweBlietschau
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Wargamer PzC 2 first screenshots

Post by UweBlietschau »

I think - for now the Panzer Corps 2 terrain looks not good - needs real improvments. In this wise this game isnt playable with this graphical layout.
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

Kerensky wrote:I think the coloring of the terrain in that Unity screenshots is clearly superior, but it's obvious the Panzer Corps 2 units are also far superior.
In neither case is it easy to distinguish one unit from another, though in the PzC 2 ones you can at least distinguish units from terrain (though that's accomplished by making the terrain all pastel). I'm sure it gets easier with time, but units that are hard to see at first or hard to distinguish at first make for a frustrating initial experience that turns people off.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

kondi754 wrote:What can we see there?
There is definitely Tiger I, Pz IVH/J , 2 x M10 (US tank destroyers), Grant/Lee, Spitfire (?), and some towed AA/AT (probably Bofors 40mm)
I think it's a Typhoon /nitpick ;)

The screens look very good to me (my favorite is the docked ship/harbour) for alpha state.
Searry
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Searry »

I really hope they go back to the drawing board with the graphics. With 3d distinguishing between terrain types is really difficult if not done in a stylistic way. This problem is clearly visible in the current version.
DJ88
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DJ88 »

Absolutely I agree 100%. The scale is all wrong, waaaay too large. I was hoping it would be like a refresh of the original 2D game with better graphics. Not 3D cookie cutter.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

IainMcNeil wrote:The plan is to support the current PBEM++ system but we may be able to do more as well if all goes to plan.
My cash is ready and waiting to buy PC2 the instant it's released..:)
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

A little more pronunciation in depth would be good for the land tiles. Like a depression in height for swamps and an increase in height for mountains. Make the ridges of the tile more pronounced for those types of terrain.

I wouldn't make the units any smaller otherwise it would be hard to tell what they are. It's too bad maps will be auto generated as roads mean nothing for movement. Why need a road of the surrounding terrain does NOT cost more to move. Here's an idea; make roads a reduction in movement.
Hansstory
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Hansstory »

Apparently, at this time, 3D only applies to the units and not the terrain! :D

It looks good for an alpha, but I agree, I hope it improves. Also, I hope terrain and roads affect movement somewhat realistically. Is artillery still god of war in PK 3D?
AfrikaKorpsSoldat
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by AfrikaKorpsSoldat »

Just to make sure, it is confirmed the release will feature both live and pbem, as Ian as previously stated?

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”