Superior Armoured HF cheap cheap cheap

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, philqw78, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

peteratjet
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Superior Armoured HF cheap cheap cheap

Post by peteratjet »

The exploit that allows selected armies to dismount average armoured cavalry as shit hard superior armoured foot at a substantial discount seems to have been made worse in V3, with the increased price difference between superior and average troops. I'll admit to a personal interest here, and obviously the tactical challenge posed by armoured foot appearing in place of cavalry is part of the game, but at least make the points cost a wash.
berthier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Superior Armoured HF cheap cheap cheap

Post by berthier »

Having browsed through Book 2 this morning, Merovingian Frankish, Western Turkish - Khazar Nobles and Arab Conquest (although these are not armoured) seem to be the ones gaining the benefit here. I could have missed a few though.

The Arab Conquest Jund Cavalry dismounting as Superior was pointed out in the Beta but I do not think a solution was ever worked out.

Merovingian Frankish and Western Turk could easily be fixed by inserting "Superior or Average (as mounted type)" which is used for others in the same book. Maybe that could be added to the Book 2 List errata.
Christopher Anders
2023-2024 GCC Coordinator
http://bloodsandsteel.blogspot.com

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”