Objective bug - Blitzkrieg camp - Norway scen

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Navman2854
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Objective bug - Blitzkrieg camp - Norway scen

Post by Navman2854 »

The counter for the primary objective to destroy 6 Allied units is defective. As I destroyed a unit, I'd check the counter to make sure. It never counted up from 0. Sure enough, got Defeat result even though destroyed the 6 required. Happened after the 6.1.7 upgrade.
Thrawn8282
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Objective bug - Blitzkrieg camp - Norway scen

Post by Thrawn8282 »

I'm having the same problem with the game not tracking Allied kills for the main objective on the Norway map. Played through the map twice and wiped out every unit. The only unit that gets counted toward the 6 kills is the British QF 2-pounder; none of the infantry units killed are counted. I recently bought the Weltkrieg pack, so it's my first time playing the Blitzkrieg campaign. Hope you can fix this soon so I can invade France by the end of May! :)
Deja Bru
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Deja Bru »

You guys are right, there is a problem here.

First of all, we know that only British and French units qualify for the count, not Norwegian units. I looked under the hood and I saw that somewhere between turns 6 and 10, depending on conditions, the scenario generates 8 Allied units of which you are supposed to kill 6. These are:

British Infantry '40
British Heavy Infantry '40
British Infantry '41 (2)
British Engineers '41 (2)
French Infantry '40
QF2 Pounder

This is the trigger in question:
Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (130.51 KiB) Viewed 4684 times
Screenshot 3.jpg
Screenshot 3.jpg (130.74 KiB) Viewed 4684 times
The trigger is normally off in the beginning but I turned it on, activated the objective, and placed a bunch of those units on the map, surrounded by Tiger tanks for easy killing. (I always feel weird staging stuff like this.)
Screenshot 4.jpg
Screenshot 4.jpg (218.35 KiB) Viewed 4684 times
[Continued]
- Bru
Deja Bru

Post by Deja Bru »

Killing the QF 2 pounder worked, just like you said it did:
Screenshot 6.jpg
Screenshot 6.jpg (203 KiB) Viewed 4684 times
But none of the other kills registered:
Screenshot 8.jpg
Screenshot 8.jpg (196.97 KiB) Viewed 4684 times
[Continued]
Last edited by Deja Bru on Sat May 19, 2018 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Bru
Deja Bru

Post by Deja Bru »

I think the problem is with this Unit Definition:
Screenshot 9.jpg
Screenshot 9.jpg (12.62 KiB) Viewed 4684 times
If memory serves, including this Category (or any Category) along with Classes seems to negate the selection somehow. Why it should negate Infantry and not Anti-Tank, I do not know.

I do know that once I took out the Land Category, I got the trigger and objective to work properly in a rerun of that grisly scene:
Screenshot 10.jpg
Screenshot 10.jpg (8.26 KiB) Viewed 4684 times
Screenshot 16.jpg
Screenshot 16.jpg (220.53 KiB) Viewed 4684 times
- Bru
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Top class sleuthing!

I'll get someone to investigate this on Monday!
shiroronin
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by shiroronin »

That fatal Norway bug confirmed today. Tried twice after the latest update! Never seen before :evil:

SHAME on you The Aristocrats it's the second time (after Kriegsmarine's Torch TIME BUG) I was REALLY disappointed :evil:
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

shiroronin wrote:That fatal Norway bug confirmed today. Tried twice after the latest update! Never seen before :evil:

SHAME on you The Aristocrats it's the second time (after Kriegsmarine's Torch TIME BUG) I was REALLY disappointed :evil:
HBalck detector :
radar_badge_anim3.gif
radar_badge_anim3.gif (115.82 KiB) Viewed 4615 times
Deja Bru

Post by Deja Bru »

Yes, the overreaction is an indicator. Of course it's a bug. It's also a very complicated program and I'm not talking about the game itself but this system of scenarios and campaigns which are designed to present it to single human players. There are many, many opportunities for a design error to creep in to the process. We have seen responsiveness here in Tech Support to these reports recently and we anticipate that they will be addressed, as they always have.

To trot out the "SHAME" horse suddenly and out of the clear blue, along with the evil faces, implies a personal agenda, not a concern for one flaw in one scenario among 10 campaigns released so far.
- Bru
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

Deja Bru wrote:Yes, the overreaction is an indicator. Of course it's a bug. It's also a very complicated program and I'm not talking about the game itself but this system of scenarios and campaigns which are designed to present it to single human players. There are many, many opportunities for a design error to creep in to the process. We have seen responsiveness here in Tech Support to these reports recently and we anticipate that they will be addressed, as they always have.

To trot out the "SHAME" horse suddenly and out of the clear blue, along with the evil faces, implies a personal agenda, not a concern for one flaw in one scenario among 10 campaigns released so far.
Yes, terminator is once again right. Well done. :D

@shiroronin: How are things, Mr Weinert? I heard the Artistocrats hardcoded your sorry ass into oblivion with the latest patch. A toast to these fine men. :mrgreen:
shiroronin

Post by shiroronin »

Deja Bru wrote:Yes, the overreaction is an indicator. Of course it's a bug. It's also a very complicated program and I'm not talking about the game itself but this system of scenarios and campaigns which are designed to present it to single human players. There are many, many opportunities for a design error to creep in to the process. We have seen responsiveness here in Tech Support to these reports recently and we anticipate that they will be addressed, as they always have.

You did not undestand the problem, please READ before commenting.

The real problem is that there were nothing wrong with the Norway scenario BEFORE the latest patch...understood now?

Now AFTER the latest patch there IS that fatal bug...is it normal? Dont think so...
shiroronin

Post by shiroronin »

Andy2012 wrote:

Yes, terminator is once again right. Well done. :D

@shiroronin: How are things, Mr Weinert? I heard the Artistocrats hardcoded your sorry ass into oblivion with the latest patch. A toast to these fine men. :mrgreen:
still pissed off my Good Admin, I have started Kriegsmarine 3 times just to confirm that "TORCH time bug"...the same with the Blitzkrieg with the NEW Norway bug. There something really wrong with the patches that cause new bugs instead of fixing present ones
Deja Bru

Post by Deja Bru »

shiroronin wrote:You did not undestand the problem, please READ before commenting.

The real problem is that there were nothing wrong with the Norway scenario BEFORE the latest patch...understood now?

Now AFTER the latest patch there IS that fatal bug...is it normal? Dont think so...
Well, just to give you some credit, I thought it might be related to what they did to fix this bug in the latest patch but after looking at that possibility when I tested as above, I don't think so:

Bug in Check Unit Count

It seems to me that I have encountered this situation before, when a scenario designer includes Land Category as Unit Definition in this Check Unit trigger. I have no further proof, though, other than when I removed it as shown above, the trigger worked in this scenario.
- Bru
shiroronin

Post by shiroronin »

Deja Bru wrote:
shiroronin wrote:You did not undestand the problem, please READ before commenting.

Well, just to give you some credit, I thought it might be related to what they did to fix this bug in the latest patch but after looking at that possibility when I tested as above, I don't think so:

Bug in Check Unit Count

It seems to me that I have encountered this situation before, when a scenario designer includes Land Category as Unit Definition in this Check Unit trigger. I have no further proof, though, other than when I removed it as shown above, the trigger worked in this scenario.
Well I did not encountered that bug before (4 times through Blitzkrieg, the HC difficulty, versions under 6th, non-steam), so I'm disappointed now for that fatal bug.

You pointed it right that the counter did not count destroyed units besides at unit.
Gunja
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Gunja »

Just a question, if I did understand it right - that means that the Blitzkrieg campaign is now unplayable for the moment, right? Or at least you can´t progress beyond the Norway scenario - or did I miss something here?
Deja Bru

Post by Deja Bru »

Gunja wrote:Just a question, if I did understand it right - that means that the Blitzkrieg campaign is now unplayable for the moment, right? Or at least you can´t progress beyond the Norway scenario - or did I miss something here?
That's a good question and I am afraid so. That primary objective of "Destroy 6 Allied ground units" is initially off and it would be good if it there was a way to avoid activating it but it's mostly out of the player's hands, I believe. This is the trigger which activates that objective and the "Kill Allies" trigger which feeds it:
Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (111.08 KiB) Viewed 4549 times
Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (108.41 KiB) Viewed 4549 times
This trigger activates when British units from the "Molde/Andalsnes Landing" approach Molde, as they are directed. The only way the player can get around this is to deploy units in the far north (there are five at-sea deployment hexes up there) and STOP those "Molde/Andalsnes Landing" units from ever reaching Molde to activate the objective. That's my theory, anyway.

Once the "Destroy 6 Allied ground units" is activated and is never satisfied due to the "Kill Allies" Check Unit Count trigger malfunction, then this primary objective cannot be achieved. The result is at best a Draw.

Taking a look at the Campaign Editor, the Draw result, along with Major/Minor Defeat, all lead to the dreaded "Outcome-2" which, believe me, you don't want to go there! It's like this trap door over a tank full of sharks . . . Seriously, it branches to campaign defeat. You may only advance to Branch 4, which is the next scenario Belgium, if you have a Minor or Major Victory. Both of those require all primary objectives to be achieved:
Screenshot 3.jpg
Screenshot 3.jpg (75.41 KiB) Viewed 4549 times
So you are indeed stuck, if I am correct. (I'm no expert, however). If so, then the only other alternative is the cheat code for instant scenario victory (press Shift + C for the Command Console and type #igotnukes).
- Bru
Gunja
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Gunja »

Thank you for you quick answer. I will probably stick to another campaign then. But I have to say. It´s a little bit strange to call the frustration about this issue an overreaction. And also to make somewhat fun about the people that are frustrated like a couple of people did in this thread.
It´s a game breaking bug in the start of a campaign that was functioning before. There are still unresolved bugs (Kriegsmarine) or even new ones (Murning Sun / Chinese Wall) - and all of this after the last dlc/update catastrophe, where I for example spent my time installing, deinstalling and reinstalling until I finally gut the whole thing to run but had no more time for playing.
Please don´t get me wrong. I think, that it is a great game, and I do also understand that these DLCs come not only with new content but also improved game mechanics... Still, every time there is a new update I am asking myself - what the hell did they break this time. And that´s just not fun. And it is not normal (no other game I own has these issues) as it shouldn´t be. I really wish the developers could wait with the next DLC and instead repair the stuff we all paid for.
shiroronin

Post by shiroronin »

Gunja wrote:Thank you for you quick answer. I will probably stick to another campaign then. But I have to say. It´s a little bit strange to call the frustration about this issue an overreaction. And also to make somewhat fun about the people that are frustrated like a couple of people did in this thread.
It´s a game breaking bug in the start of a campaign that was functioning before. There are still unresolved bugs (Kriegsmarine) or even new ones (Murning Sun / Chinese Wall) - and all of this after the last dlc/update catastrophe, where I for example spent my time installing, deinstalling and reinstalling until I finally gut the whole thing to run but had no more time for playing.
Please don´t get me wrong. I think, that it is a great game, and I do also understand that these DLCs come not only with new content but also improved game mechanics... Still, every time there is a new update I am asking myself - what the hell did they break this time. And that´s just not fun. And it is not normal (no other game I own has these issues) as it shouldn´t be. I really wish the developers could wait with the next DLC and instead repair the stuff we all paid for.
Thanks for this true voice of reason.

After the last update Blitzkrieg is broken at the Norway. I wonder how long must I wait for the fix...<knock knock :!: tech support >
Deja Bru

Post by Deja Bru »

I hear you guys. And you may be about to get more frustrated because, in game play, I proved my theory wrong.

Developers, I played Norway with this altered trigger, the Land Category removed in Unit Definition:
Screenshot 0.jpg
Screenshot 0.jpg (103.22 KiB) Viewed 4533 times
I had every confidence that I would be able to successfully complete the "Destroy 6 Allied ground units" with this alteration in place, but if you look at these screenshots, you will see that I was not successful. How I was able to test it previously and achieve it with an artificial setup is beyond me. I am stumped.
Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (539.92 KiB) Viewed 4533 times
Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (501.56 KiB) Viewed 4533 times
[Continued . . .]
- Bru
Deja Bru

Post by Deja Bru »

Screenshot 3.jpg