Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

hrafnkolbrandr
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by hrafnkolbrandr »

The date at the campaign screen is incorrect, which makes it so that you can't choose the aircraft carrier specialization.

This makes accomplishing the bonus objective with your French units virtually impossible.
shiroronin
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Please Fix Kriegsmarine: Operation Torch

Post by shiroronin »

hrafnkolbrandr wrote:The date at the campaign screen is incorrect, which makes it so that you can't choose the aircraft carrier specialization.

This makes accomplishing the bonus objective with your French units virtually impossible.

Confirmed. NEW PATCH AND STILL this ANNOYING bug
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

hrafnkolbrandr wrote:The date at the campaign screen is incorrect, which makes it so that you can't choose the aircraft carrier specialization.

Thanks for the report, I saw that fixed in the Beta, I'm not sure why it's regressed for release. We'll investigate!
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Works okay with me. Maybe the scenario or campaign itself has to be restarted (?)
Screenshot 421.jpg
Screenshot 421.jpg (385.24 KiB) Viewed 3441 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Flugzeugtrager : date = 1/1942
Scenario date = 8/11/1942
There was a "bug" with the date for the campaign :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=84874
"When a player enters the Specialization screen, the game calendar reflects the date of the previous mission, not the next mission. Some items can no longer be selected- even though their availability date in the specializations.csv file makes them available for the "next" mission."
The precedent mission is in August 1941.
This bug seems to be corrected (@GabeKnight precedent post).
shiroronin

Post by shiroronin »

terminator wrote:Flugzeugtrager : date = 1/1942
Scenario date = 8/11/1942
There was a "bug" with the date for the campaign :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=84874
"When a player enters the Specialization screen, the game calendar reflects the date of the previous mission, not the next mission. Some items can no longer be selected- even though their availability date in the specializations.csv file makes them available for the "next" mission."
The precedent mission is in August 1941.
This bug seems to be corrected (@GabeKnight precedent post).

Must I start over :shock: (fourth time...gosh) ?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

I know that saved games maintain a copy of the scenario "as was". I'm not sure how campaign saves work, whether they keep a copy of the campaign state "as was" or resync with any updates. I'll ask.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

shiroronin wrote:Must I start over :shock: (fourth time...gosh) ?
For a f*ing secondary objective that gives you literally no reward. Why?
hrafnkolbrandr

Post by hrafnkolbrandr »

GabeKnight wrote:
Might as well ask why play the game at all. For some people, part of enjoying the game is accomplishing all the objectives.

The in-game reward may be meaningless, but I doubt anybody plays these games for the in-game rewards. They play for the 'reward' of being entertained; and as I said, for some that means checking all the objectives green.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

hrafnkolbrandr wrote:Might as well ask why play the game at all. For some people, part of enjoying the game is accomplishing all the objectives.

The in-game reward may be meaningless, but I doubt anybody plays these games for the in-game rewards. They play for the 'reward' of being entertained; and as I said, for some that means checking all the objectives green.
Hey, that goes for me, too. I'm always angry and frustrated when the scen triggers don't work right. I also want the scens to work properly.

But would you REALLY RESTART a campaign because of that? This scen is somewhere in the (late) middle of the campaign. But I guess the guy was just wenting some steam.
shiroronin

Post by shiroronin »

hrafnkolbrandr wrote:
GabeKnight wrote:
Might as well ask why play the game at all. For some people, part of enjoying the game is accomplishing all the objectives.

SO TRUE...101% true !
shiroronin

Post by shiroronin »

GabeKnight wrote:
hrafnkolbrandr wrote:Might as well ask why play the game at all. For some people, part of enjoying the game is accomplishing all the objectives.

Hey, that goes for me, too. I'm always angry and frustrated when the scen triggers don't work right. I also want the scens to work properly.

But would you REALLY RESTART a campaign because of that? This scen is somewhere in the (late) middle of the campaign. But I guess the guy was just wenting some steam.

With the Grossadmiral :D difficulty it's really necessary to start over a few times...but NOT because of bugs :idea:
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Oh wait, now I remember something. It was similar with changes made in a custom campaign from some other guy:

You actually shouldn't have to restart the whole campaign for "Opearion Torch" to work, BUT you have to load a savegame (e.g. End-Turn save) from the PREVIOUS mission, at least. After that the new campaign file mechanic should re-initialize.

I see no other explanation why it works for me, but not the others at the moment.
shiroronin

Post by shiroronin »

GabeKnight wrote:Oh wait, now I remember something. It was similar with changes made in a custom campaign from some other guy:

You actually shouldn't have to restart the whole campaign for "Opearion Torch" to work, BUT you have to load a savegame (e.g. End-Turn save) from the PREVIOUS mission, at least. After that the new campaign file mechanic should re-initialize.

I see no other explanation why it works for me, but not the others at the moment.
Bright idea will try now...
hrafnkolbrandr

Post by hrafnkolbrandr »

GabeKnight wrote:Oh wait, now I remember something. It was similar with changes made in a custom campaign from some other guy:

Well I'm boned then, because I tried doing the scenario without the carrier about a dozen times, so my end turn saves are all from that.

Is there any cheat to give myself the specialization?
shiroronin

Post by shiroronin »

shiroronin wrote:

Bright idea will try now...

...ugh I havent got that kind of save. Only those at the beginning of the next "mission" e.g. norway , wolfpack etc.
Will try with the restart :wink:
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

Guys, GabeKnight says the following in Tech Support:
GabeKnight wrote:
You can scratch that, it's working alright. Just started a new campaign and nuked my way through.

But it looks like it won't work if you're using an old savegame from previous versions of OoB (http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=85475)
Do you agree? Is this still an issue or not?
- Bru
shiroronin

Post by shiroronin »

bru888 wrote:Guys, GabeKnight says the following in Tech Support:
GabeKnight wrote:
You can scratch that, it's working alright. Just started a new campaign and nuked my way through.

But it looks like it won't work if you're using an old savegame from previous versions of OoB (http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=85475)

Actually I did restart.
I'm at the E Atlantic scenario (1941 first one) now...will confirm soon
shiroronin

Post by shiroronin »

bru888 wrote:Guys, GabeKnight says the following in Tech Support:
GabeKnight wrote:

CONFIRMED (normal way :) ) "TIME BUG" FIXED ! Now we can have Ger carrier (Op Torch) ! Thanks :D
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Thank you. I will edit the Tech Support bug summary thread accordingly.
- Bru

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”