Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War Announced!!

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
Muso
Slitherine
Slitherine

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War Announced!!

Post by Muso »

Our partnership with Games Workshop generated two of our most beloved series so far: Armageddon and Sanctus Reach. We are now announcing our third, ambitious project created in the Warhammer 40,000 setting.

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Relics of War incorporates the dark, gothic, far future science-fantasy setting in ways never tried before. A brand new, deep storyline has been created to combine elements of 4X gameplay with a combat-focused system. The evolution of technology, construction of infrastructures and exploration of an unknown world, goes hand in hand with the management of military resources, including heroes with special abilities and mighty war machines.

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Relics of War has been designed to give four totally different gameplay experiences, depending on which factions players choose. Space Marines, Astra Militarum (aka Imperial Guard), Orks and Necrons each have dramatically different characteristics, both in how they develop and expand and in the way they fight. This gives the game virtually endless replay value and players the chance to play out the same experience in totally divergent ways.
In Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Relics of War there is also the possibility to choose between playing solo or in multiplayer. The deep storyline was created from scratch to allow players to explore an entire world and lead the expansion of an empire from the ground up. The discovery of ancient artefacts and the custom-crafted quests will reveal the secrets of the planet and its mysterious history as the story progresses.
The real-time multiplayer system lets players build their own path to victory while fighting against live opponents, time and the natural perils that Gladius hides.

If you happen to be in Nottingham this weekend, you may also be interested in the Warhammer 40,000 Open Days, where you’ll be able to try a preview of Gladius!
For those who won’t be able to take a sneak peek in Nottingham, however, we are going to run a live stream on our Twitch channel the 1st of December, 2 PM EST / 7 PM GMT / 8 PM CET, where we will show a preview of this brand new game!
tlroff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War Announced!!

Post by tlroff »

*eyeballs the Forum warily*
Right.. suprised no one has posted yet..

So it's a RTS... Kinda sorta from the looks of it..Is apparently more then just a RTS.. apparently kind of open world.. Fixed "world" map or procedurally generated? Many questions

Hey I run a i5 4 gig intell 4000HD onboard video lap top (old lenove T510) does it meet minimum, and can I play test.. if I've nuff comp.. It's low end, but testing low end is good ((oh yea, win-7-64))
jnpoint
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by jnpoint »

It looks somewhat like Pandora. But something confuses me - on the product page it is mentioned that it is a turn-based game, but here it says that multiplayer is RTS - so what is it?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Gladius is a 4x turn based strategy game, not an RTS.

Most of the discussions seem to be on the steam forum at the moment.
packnight1
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by packnight1 »

a question being a 4x game will you be able to choose your chapter, regiment etc / make your own or will their be presets to choose from? I ask this cause the one thing lacking in every 40k game to date is making your own army to that degree. can you decide what units are allowed for a chapter to use, can they get special units not available to the same group otherwise and certain tech upgrades. an example is black Templars close combat to say an imperial fists more siege like mind set. for me the fun of 40k is making a faction your own through paint and design of the forces some can be done by simply researching upgrades, others more personal like iconography need be added before you start play. can upgrades be blocked for a particular force as they don't have them. using the black Templars again they have no psykers so any research into that group or tree should be shifted for the emperors champion and faith or the like.
monsh

Post by monsh »

If I were a betting man, I'd wager on an established starting set of choices with additional codex armies added as DLC. Assuming there's a Steam Workshop, people will probably release plenty.
Requiet

Post by Requiet »

Super excited for this game, shame there aren't any tyranids but I love that the xenos are getting some love :D
StarVixen

Post by StarVixen »

Looks interesting so far.
Xorgacz

Post by Xorgacz »

From the stream, the gameplay looked decent, Looking fwd to getting to test the game or seeing more gameplay footage showing the development prior to the release.

For the Lion!
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by athineos »

Is there going to be a Random Map generator with the main game?
Last edited by athineos on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
RommelX

Post by RommelX »

There will be another free day trial to test it??? Thanks... Looking to get more info about it:)
GladiusFan
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by GladiusFan »

Just watched the 1 hour gameplay video on youtube Game Videos channel.

Really looking forward to this game. More videos would also be greatly appreciated to tide me over until whenever release is.
Benedict151
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Benedict151 »

Xorgacz wrote:Is there going to be a Random Map generator with the main game?
Yes there is!
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by athineos »

Is there going to be a Random Map generator with the main game?[/quote]

Yes there is![/quote]

That's great news. It will help to keep this game ahead of most of the competition. I hope an editor will also be provided.
tombz

Post by tombz »

score!!!
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mbpopolano24 »

To arm!!
MizzouRah
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MizzouRah »

Looks great!
FlashXAron_slith
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by FlashXAron_slith »

RELEASE DAY :
12. July.2018

store.
steampowered.
com/app/489630
jtryan

Post by jtryan »

Very stoked that it is being released for Linux!!! Would like to see more of this trend. :D :D :D :D

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”