[Release]Holland -Battle over Rhenus 50 B.C.

Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: [Release]Holland -Battle over Rhenus 50 B.C.

Post by Cablenexus »

I'm not sure if it's a bug or due to me altering the notepad file for techs (in that case you can ignore my question).

- If I reserch a tech that is subseqeunt earlier (for example I have tech standing army already at start game and ingame I research weapon skills), the standing army shows up as new tech screen when finishing weapon skill.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Cablenexus wrote:I'm not sure if it's a bug or due to me altering the notepad file for techs (in that case you can ignore my question).

- If I reserch a tech that is subseqeunt earlier (for example I have tech standing army already at start game and ingame I research weapon skills), the standing army shows up as new tech screen when finishing weapon skill.
I dont understand:)
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

pavelk wrote:
Cablenexus wrote:I'm not sure if it's a bug or due to me altering the notepad file for techs (in that case you can ignore my question).

I dont understand:)
Forget about it, it doesn't happen anymore in a new game.

I thought I saw the screen pop up for STANDING ARMY technology, while I was researching WEAPON SKILLS. But probably I opened it myself.
gwgardner
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by gwgardner »

current game as Romans quite tense along the southern border, resources are good right now.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

gwgardner wrote:current game as Romans quite tense along the southern border, resources are good right now.
It's a nice start indeed. You start in full war with the two minor tribes South. I play it myself at hard level atm. I'm in turn 15 now and start to have some money issues, but I really don't play at the best of my ability.

You will be happy with the new version. I was able to update all visibility for all tribes. Rome see much more from start. Still there are some hidden parts even for them.

I did not balanced Rome any further atm, but they are maybe a bit too easy atm with the extra resources. You soon start tto produce more yourself as well.
I balanced a lot of tribes around them, give them accurate starting units, resources and solved the food issues.
I solved it by placing some fields and (very rare) some units with economic ability. Together with all details you can implement yourself you are able to survive now (still hard) without the need to sell units and without cities start to revolt from the very early beginning.

Less updates means lot's of work in the background. I'm happy with the results so far.

Thank you again for trying.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

- Playing as Rome I notice that some of my trade routes to other players are colored the real playercolor and some are colored Rome red (my color). I don't understand why is that.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Cablenexus wrote:- Playing as Rome I notice that some of my trade routes to other players are colored the real playercolor and some are colored Rome red (my color). I don't understand why is that.
One is a trade route of your traders to the opponent's cities, the other is a trade route or your opponents' traders to your cities. These two paths don't have to be the same. It depends on the player visibility, his treaties (like trade routes), etc.

This is displayed only when "trade routes" option is turn on (below minimap)
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

For the Romans, all cities start off with specialization for settlers. There should be one city in the south and one in the north I guess, that specializes in miletes, I'd think.

Since they have miletes, the research level for miletes should be there also.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

gwgardner wrote:For the Romans, all cities start off with specialization for settlers. There should be one city in the south and one in the north I guess, that specializes in miletes, I'd think.

Since they have miletes, the research level for miletes should be there also.
I agree fully with the suggestion that they have the militia (standing army I think it was) tech at start. (already implemented now) I'm not sure with the already specialized cities. It depends on the scenario story I start the game with and I wonder if it can be confusing for players who do not check all towns first.

I want to nuance my comment a bit.
At this moment I'm not sure if the player OWNS a certain object, they NEED the specific research at start.
Reason is I can see many (story) reasons why this could be not the case.

Conquer another player object, is given a certain unit by another tribe etc etc
(Texuandri for example had miletes only serving in Rome, I probably give them a few units to play with, but probably not the tech to produce them).
I also gave Frisii a farm, but without the tech to build more (yet).

Any more thoughts on this are very welcome.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

This scenario offers interesting possibilities for role playing. (I guess any scenario does, but ...) Playing the Romans, it makes sense to me froom a historical standpoint that my goal should be 'stability,' trying to maintain the peace, setting up an invincible defensive position, encouraging as much trade as possible, punishing rogue tribes, not necessarily seeking to 'conquer' them, but maybe being forced to 'occupy' them. Then after a time, withdrawing, to allow them to take over their cities again.

I could try something like enforcing naval restrictions: destroying any tribe's galleys or trireemes, but allowing them to have boats.

With this mod, I guess you could have several different scenarios, same setting, same time-frame, but totally different objectives. Like a stability-focused scenario as above, and a conquest-oriented scenario, where the Romans push across the Rhine.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

scenario deleted with new v5 install; I saw that you were discussing modifications for v5, please advise when the mod is ready again.

[funny avatar, I'm a colonel of a Battleship]
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

gwgardner wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:35 pm scenario deleted with new v5 install; I saw that you were discussing modifications for v5, please advise when the mod is ready again.

[funny avatar, I'm a colonel of a Battleship]
Hi there,

I didn't post that much since I was really busy last few days to finish the balancing so today I only had to convert the mod.

That is for 90% done. I can play the mod in v5, but there are some minor issues that I have to correct. Some UI elements show up empty, and are changed for example.

Also the script isn't working to give the extra resources per turn to Roman Empire, Pavel already offered me to help me with it.

There is also an issue in the main game, that affects also my scenario. In some situations the game crashes when I use the new next unit button (if the unit has an order already like building a city).
Overall the modding and creating a prototype is working and pretty easy (if you know how to use explorer or notepad, xml etc).

If I get the script right and can play the scenario myself without crashes I will make a changelog and send you the link.
I really hope I can fix it this weekend.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Cablenexus wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:10 pmAlso the script isn't working to give the extra resources per turn to Roman Empire, Pavel already offered me to help me with it.
I am sure we will figure it out today;)
Cablenexus wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:10 pmIn some situations the game crashes when I use the new next unit button (if the unit has an order already like building a city).
Please read this post viewtopic.php?f=520&t=86514#p734445
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

When I load my scenario without loading the Holland MOD first, it doesn't switch correctly to the Holland MOD.

The Battle over Rhenus scenario appears, the whole map is revealed for all players and all the tribe flag images are the once from the original game.

Only when I first load the Holland MOD, the right images appear.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

It's even more complicated. I used the map editor in the same session.

I loaded a scenario (I make for tutorial) with thye isInEditMode command on true.

I switch from Ancient mod to Holland mod, I load scenario file from my Holland map, it start in editor mode is true, while this is not in the scenario file.

EDIT

SORRY!!!!

This is not true!
I manually changed it myself in the file.

(however the issue with the images is still true when loading scenario when other mod is active).
Last edited by Cablenexus on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Cablenexus wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:09 pmWhen I load my scenario without loading the Holland MOD first, it doesn't switch correctly to the Holland MOD.
Well, I guess that you mean when you click on start new game, right? However once you confirm the new game window, it switches the mod correctly and load your mod, right?

There is a reason for that - It switches the mod only after the player confirms new game (whatever mod it is in). Otherwise it would switch mod everytime player selects a game written for another mod (which I think doesnt make sense).
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

pavelk wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:17 pm
Cablenexus wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:09 pmWhen I load my scenario without loading the Holland MOD first, it doesn't switch correctly to the Holland MOD.
Well, I guess that you mean when you click on start new game, right? However once you confirm the new game window, it switches the mod correctly and load your mod, right?

There is a reason for that - It switches the mod only after the player confirms new game (whatever mod it is in). Otherwise it would switch mod everytime player selects a game written for another mod (which I think doesnt make sense).
It loads the Battle over Rhenus scenario, but with the images (flags) from the original game.

Also the whole map is revealed for every player.

But since it was set manually by me to isInEditMode, I suspect this also causes the problem, so this whole post is false positive.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Cablenexus wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:20 pmIt loads the Battle over Rhenus scenario, but with the images (flags) from the original game.
Yes, this is a bug. I logged it. Thank you
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

pavelk wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:27 pm
Cablenexus wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:20 pmIt loads the Battle over Rhenus scenario, but with the images (flags) from the original game.
Yes, this is a bug. I logged it. Thank you
Yes I see it now happening vice versa, I have the Holland mod loaded and start new game Ancient scenario, it start right scenario with holland images.

I also can select a custom world with my mod active which start a custom world with my images, but with the names from the ancient mod (units and tribes etc).
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

n0kn0k wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:27 am Happy to test after I finish my "Hard" difficulty game in a few days.
Goedemorgen and Goodmorning n0kn0k,

Did you had time to try the new version of the Holland scenario already?
I send the link a few days ago via the PM, I see you did not received it yet.

I would appreciate if you find a moment to report your findings.

It's much easier to install (and play) now and also Pavel want some feedback about the terrain textures in the other thread.

Return to “Aggressors Modding”