Norway-do not deploy any tanks

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Wargamer74
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Norway-do not deploy any tanks

Post by Wargamer74 »

I’ve played this scenario multiple times now and I can’t seem to complete the secondary objective of not deploying any tanks. Is it possible the game is counting recon as a tank? That’s the only armored unit I deploy in Norway, there’s also the fee tank the game gives you for securing southern Norway, maybe the game is counting this unit when checking if all the conditions are met for this objective. It would be nice to complete this because I’m assuming you get more command points to work with in Belgium.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Norway-do not deploy any tanks

Post by terminator »

:arrow: If you do not deploy any tanks, the state of the objective is always a question mark :

Norway(6.1.9).jpg
Norway(6.1.9).jpg (219.41 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
:arrow: If you deploy one tank , you will have this message...

Norway(tank)(1).jpg
Norway(tank)(1).jpg (104.22 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
... and the objective is failed :

Norway(tank)(2).jpg
Norway(tank)(2).jpg (135.57 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
:arrow: If you deploy 2 tanks, you will have this message:
"Additional panzer divisions have been assigned to the Norway campaign. Our combat capabilities for the planned offensive against France will be significantly weakened."

:arrow: If you deploy more than 2 tanks, you will have this message:
"Several commanders in the OKW have raised serious concerns about the overcommitment of panzers in Norway. The strength available at the start of the western offensive will be greatly diminished."
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

I thought secondary objectives would always display a green check mark to indicate all the conditions had been met, this is one of my only gripes about the game is the lack of info, at the very least things like this could have a better description.

Another thing I learned today is you get a 50% rp refund for repairing auxiliary units and from what I can see this is not explained anywhere in the game or in the manual.

I think it would be a good idea to have a FAQ sticky like what the Panzer Corps forum has that explains in detail the games rules and mechanics, also a tips and tricks section.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Wargamer74 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:23 am I thought secondary objectives would always display a green check mark to indicate all the conditions had been met, this is one of my only gripes about the game is the lack of info, at the very least things like this could have a better description.
I agree with you. The first time when I played this scenario, it had also surprised me. This objective should be validated in the end of the scenario.
A curiosity: if we buy a tank and we deploy it on the sea (in a transport ship), as long as the tank is not landed the objective is not missed.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”