Modding

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
dizzymonkey
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Modding

Post by dizzymonkey »

Is there any info on mod creation? I see data files that look ripe for modification in the Data directory but not sure if its ideal to edit directly or if there is a way to package file overrides somewhere else to avoid touching the core game files.
eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Modding

Post by eddieballgame »

For now the XML files in Data/World can be edited; I have done some for fun. Of course...make sure to backup the originals.
dizzymonkey

Post by dizzymonkey »

So do we know if there is any support for real mod packaging outside of the core game directory? Such as somewhere along with where the config and log files are stored? I don't know if this was mentioned previously or not - I haven't been able to find anything from searching.
HarbingerCom21
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by HarbingerCom21 »

Far as I'm concerned there isn't official mod support (yet), and all we have at the moment is freely accessible xml files. If I recall correctly, devs have said that Steam workshop will not likely to be implemented (due to licensing issue or whatnot), but didn't denied modding support either. I'd like to see some proper modding support as well, albeit at a later date.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

There is nothing official yet but we'll see if we can give some tips once we get through the release rush.
Aekar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Aekar »

I think we should have a "Mods and Scenarios Design" subforum and tell the devs to monitor it.
Should we not?
Rosseau
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Rosseau »

One thing I've found, which may be of minor value to modders. The game doesn't like stray files/folders in the data directories. For example, I put a folder "backups" in there and the game wouldn't start. Put it somewhere else and my modded files work fine.

Subforum is a good idea.
Aekar

Post by Aekar »

And the forum gods have answered! :D
Modding section is there, thank you.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”