Is Warhammer Armageddon series Dead?

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

em
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Is Warhammer Armageddon series Dead?

Post by em »

I haven't heard about any new DLCs or standalone games on Armageddon basis since Da Orks released. Forum section of the title appears to be pretty stale too.

Is Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach the only WH 40k game that Slitherine will maintain, develop and produce dlc and expansions for?

Is Armageddon series abandoned?
I like both games and own Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach and all parts and dlcs of Armageddon (And gold edition of Panzer Corps too :)) but the Armageddon scale appeals to me much better.

I think that both games are different enough and It would make lots of sence to support both.

It is a pitty if Armageddon is over.... I would instantly buy any new Armageddon game or DLC.

Please let me know if there is a hope ;)
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Is Warhammer Armageddon series Dead?

Post by zakblood »

there's away hope, just no news that i know of yet, but saying that, nobody has also said it's done either, so fingers crossed, you never know until someone says otherwise
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

I hope there will be new campaigns or even new units with new sprites.
I've already created new units with overriding existing ones. So its not as good as Tau or Tyranids mod, but still if you want to see new units for Steel Legion and Space Marines (for Salamanders only for now) with new sound effects, check it out: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=76747
it is a good day to die
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We don't have any pans for DLC at the moment. The team are working on full time on Panzer Corps 2.

After that's complete, maybe they'll come back to Armageddon but if so its likely to be in the new PzC II engine.
raventhefuhrer
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by raventhefuhrer »

Hello,

I just wanted to say thanks for all of your hard work developing the series. Please return to it at some point! I enjoy Sanctus Reach but I appreciate Armageddon's scale and army variety much more.
superxingtan
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by superxingtan »

IainMcNeil wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:22 am We don't have any pans for DLC at the moment. The team are working on full time on Panzer Corps 2.

After that's complete, maybe they'll come back to Armageddon but if so its likely to be in the new PzC II engine.
Please do. It's the only computer WH 40k game I've played, in which I could mix Astra Militarum and Space marines from different chapters and form an army! That's a great feature!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Have you tried Sanctus Reach and Gladius, which just released. There is plenty more 40k fun to be had! :)
DocDesastro
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DocDesastro »

Weell...Sanctus Reach being tactical on company level like X-Com and Gladius somewhat Sid Meyer's Civilization-alike...Armageddon with division style play like in Panzer Corps and fits the gap of Epic Armageddon:40k. Although everywhere there is the GW stamp on it, they are very different games. I guess that is what raventhefuhrer wanted to express here. He seems to like Panzer Corps-similar games and just wants more of it.
em
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by em »

DocDesastro wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:31 pm Weell...Sanctus Reach being tactical on company level like X-Com and Gladius somewhat Sid Meyer's Civilization-alike...Armageddon with division style play like in Panzer Corps and fits the gap of Epic Armageddon:40k. Although everywhere there is the GW stamp on it, they are very different games. I guess that is what raventhefuhrer wanted to express here. He seems to like Panzer Corps-similar games and just wants more of it.
I totally agree with the post above. I own all three games (Actually four if you count da orks) with all DLCs and I endjoyed Armageddon way more then Sanctus or Gladius.

I would love more of it but would also be down for a Panzer Corps 2 based remake with fixed recon units, fliers and different iplementation of unit limits and requisition points for different races.

There were two other big wars for Armageddon after all ;)
Dreams, dreams....
ColRosenberger

Post by ColRosenberger »

I too hope for a sequel, but for me to purchase it it would have to have:
- A better AI and better mission design. Creeping through the map destroying everything by exploiting view range while enemies stand there motionless is fun at first but rapidly gets old. I'm not saying the whole map should come after you as soon as you fire a shot, or that no unit should ever stand its ground if in a fortification, but some groups of units could work together and dispatch scouts to find who's firing at them, or simply charge as a group in the direction from which the shots are coming.
- More color. Find some excuse to make the map less drab. Any excuse, inclusing getting a different WH40K license.
- (Ideally) Improved story. The game got the overall tone right, but nothing interesting really happened in the story overall - for instance the hints at corruption in the jungle didn't end on a big reveal. Characters weren't too interesting, didn't convey emotions and you didn't get attached to them or really hated them.

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”