Which xml file changes the colors of the units?

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
Dwarf_power
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Which xml file changes the colors of the units?

Post by Dwarf_power »

The reds, blues, and yellows are all washed out when playing the marines.
I found an xml file for changing UI colors, but this doesn't affect the units in game.
Dwarf_power

Re: Which xml file changes the colors of the units?

Post by Dwarf_power »

Anyone?
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

Let you wait for working day.
Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Jaylo101 »

The file you are after is Data\World\Blueprints\FactionManager.xml.
However there is a problem with the neutral team colourable areas on the diff.dds textures being far too dark, at least om SM.
Which means that colours are not being displayed correctly on the units, for example Scar White is being sown as medium grey & Ultramarine Blue doesn't look anything like it should.

I have made the textures lighter but whatever .dds file I save them as, DXT1 etc, using the photoshop dds plugin they stop working in game.

Solved it lol, wasn't using mip maps.
Let the editing begin and i was right, the diffs are simply too dark for the team colours to be displayed properly.
Dwarf_power

Post by Dwarf_power »

Jaylo101 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:48 am The file you are after is Data\World\Blueprints\FactionManager.xml.
However there is a problem with the neutral team colourable areas on the diff.dds textures being far too dark, at least om SM.
Which means that colours are not being displayed correctly on the units, for example Scar White is being sown as medium grey & Ultramarine Blue doesn't look anything like it should.

I have made the textures lighter but whatever .dds file I save them as, DXT1 etc, using the photoshop dds plugin they stop working in game.

Solved it lol, wasn't using mip maps.
Let the editing begin and i was right, the diffs are simply too dark for the team colours to be displayed properly.
Actually it's correct. The blue they have in the files is Teclis Blue. I matched the RBG values to the percentages they give in the file (based off of a range of 0-255), and their Teclis Blue is spot on. The issue with Teclis Blue is that Ultramarines don't use Teclis Blue as their base.

I'm putting together a little mod that will add the commonly used colors for the major chapters.

*edit

Yeah you're right about the white. It shows up as grey. But Teclis Blue in Photoshop looks exactly like the blue in the game, faded and worn out.
Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Jaylo101 »

I never said anything about Teclis Blue, I said Ultramarine Blue which the new name for is Altdorf Guard Blue and is the first colour in FactionManager.xml.
, the one i'm using.
I also never mentioned anything about the colour values being wrong as this was the first thing I checked.

Two screenshots below show the tactical marine using Ultramarine Blue(Altdorf Guard Blue) before and after I 50% lightened up the team colourable diff.dds.
You can clearly see that the first screenshot using the vanilla diff makes the blue or any colour for that matter far too dark and I havn't checked any other diff textures yet.
The second screenie shows my edited diff with Ultramarine Blue being correctly displayed, look at the model in the bottom left UI.
I also changed the non team colourable trim to gold, which looks better.

I've added two more screenshots showing the before and after diff.dds with white, look at the difference.
I don't know how many more team colourable diff textures are wrong like this by being too dark but they will all have to be lightend by 50% if colours are to be displayed correctly on the those units.

Image Image Image Image
Dwarf_power

Post by Dwarf_power »

Does your modified .dds file still cause issues?
Jaylo101
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Jaylo101 »

Dwarf_power wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:52 am Does your modified .dds file still cause issues?
No, there was never any issue with modifying them.
They weren't working because i saved them without mip maps. :roll:
The textures without an alpha channel i save as DXT1 no alpha and the textures with an alpha I save as DXT1 1 bit alpha.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”