Free Overwatch!

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
Efgrafich
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Free Overwatch!

Post by Efgrafich » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:51 pm

There is two situations
First, in a singleplayer:
  1. You have idle unit on overwatch, and end your turn.
  2. Enemy triggers your overwatch, and end his turn.
  3. As your turn comes, you have active unit, which can move and act.
Second, in multiplayer:
  1. You have idle unit on overwatch.
  2. Enemy triggers your overwatch.
  3. You have inactive unit, which was idle from start of turn, but cannot move or act.
I see there obvious conflict, as identical actions leads to quite opposite outcomes. As a result, you can lose engagement just because your opponent clicks faster, which is not very good for a wargame. Sure, you can turn off overwatch, but constantly managing entire army's overwatch is not very pleasing (And i'm sure, ability to turn off overwatch was needed only to not interrupt healing).

So, what i'm propose is to make overwatch to not consume movement in mp, as it does in sp.

P.S. Maybe even allow grenades to set on overwatch, as it does for Doomsday Arc's broadside. Defence should always be in advantage.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Free Overwatch!

Post by IainMcNeil » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:04 am

Overwatch always consumes an action & MP, but because of the turn flow it appears different in single and MP. We're going to look at an option to make the flow in MP the same as SP for those who want it and then it will be the exact same experience.

Efgrafich

Post by Efgrafich » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:08 am

I like simultaneous turns, there is only one issue for me - that you can lock enemy, or nade' them to death without retaliation, just because you was first to click. And this is also make defend & retreat in mp almost impossible. Even if you trigger overwatch and enemy retreats - you always win the ground, which maybe was your goal in first place, so its no unfair in any means.

ErissN6
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by ErissN6 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:15 pm

SP and MP rules should be the same. If not, one will take presedence (by the other being underlooked), and one community will abandon the game. Then the remaining community will diminish, and Gladius sure will be a niche game.
EDIT: So, as MP can be difficult not simultaneous, so the SP turns should become so (those who don't like this might put the AI on slow reaction, but then they may have to wait the end of the AI turn..).

Dwarf_power
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Dwarf_power » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:21 pm

ErissN6 wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:15 pm
one community will abandon the game. Then the remaining community will diminish, and Gladius sure will be a niche game
This is a fair amount of exaggerating.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”