Why Emden cruiser returns?

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Kossatx
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Why Emden cruiser returns?

Post by Kossatx »

Hi again! I have mod the german navy including two armoured cruisers. When Germany enters the war, in turn 3, if I move any of these cruisers to a port, it triggers the event "Emden cruiser returns". I have searched any event which would trigger this in game_events.lua, but the only event relationated (EmdenReturn) has no relation with any cruiser or port :? Do you have any idea about this?

I always play with Robotron's Potzblitz mod, and all the modificatios I do are over the mod. I don't write these doubts in Potzblitz's topic because I think it would not be fair and will mess it. Potzblitz is great! :D
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Why Emden cruiser returns?

Post by Robotron »

There is no "Emden cruiser returns" event.

The Emden cruiser will always(!) get sunk eventually after the SouthEast-Asia squadron event got triggered. This might take quite a few turns though.

There are however:
1. "The Heroes return" event if Graf Spee manages to avoid the British pursuers event and
2. a "Emden Crew returns" event which will fire many months after the Emden got sunk.

The first one will trigger when a German armoured cruiser reaches a German port. So I took away all other German armoured cruisers (historically there weren't that many active in service anyway) and only have one spawn in the Atlantic after Graf Spee manages to escape.
You added more armoured cruisers not knowing of this condition.
So that's the reason. :wink:
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
Kossatx

Post by Kossatx »

Ok, thanks for the information Robotron. Do you know where are coded these two events? I can't find them neither game_events.lua, game_diplomacy.lua nor english.txt files :?
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

function GrafSpeeReturn(unit, hex)

&

function EmdenReturn()

both in game_events.lua
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
Kossatx

Post by Kossatx »

Robotron wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:43 pm function GrafSpeeReturn(unit, hex)

&

function EmdenReturn()

both in game_events.lua
Oh! I was confused with these two events. Thanks a lot, it was GrafSpeeReturn function what I was looking for :D

Return to “Commander the Great War : Mods & Scenario Design”