Any patch upcoming?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Oleksandr
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Any patch upcoming?

Post by Oleksandr »

I'm just wondering when can the players expect a new patch? There are still some bugs, which have been discussed in various topics.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Any patch upcoming?

Post by Erik2 »

Usually an update arrives as part of a new DLC unless there are some serious bugs that needs to be fixed.
As far as I know there are no real show-stopping bugs currently.
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Actually I hope Devs announce soon new dlc... there’s more than 4 months from announce of sandstorm, a lot more than average time between previous release
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Pls. give us a 'lil bit to get over this summer's heatwave ;)
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

How many holidays a year do you guys get? 26 here and it sucks! Should become a programmer or academic in my next life.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Well, there is always stuff to do between releases, so it's not like it was all holiday after Sandstorm went on sale...;)
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

13obo wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:44 am How many holidays a year do you guys get? 26 here and it sucks! Should become a programmer or academic in my next life.
"I wanna be a professor 'cause they can coast along and get the summer off." :roll: Wonder how often I heard that from undergrads.
Believe me, academia does not work like that and a punchcard with alotted holidays, free weekends and a set hourly work schedule can be nice and cushy, too.
And let's not forget the devs are a small team of self-employed people, they deserve to take a break once and a while. :D 8)
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

My sister is a university teacher, so I confirm that these are myths about the amount of free time. When in the end all students will take exams and pass (most come a few times during the holidays, because they do not want to learn), you have to think about your own development.
If you do not achieve another degree in a few years, they can dismiss you from work. You have to write a few books and dozens of articles to reach the next career level, so you work around the clock.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

kondi754 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:49 am My sister is a university teacher, so I confirm that these are myths about the amount of free time. When in the end all students will take exams and pass (most come a few times during the holidays, because they do not want to learn), you have to think about your own development.
If you do not achieve another degree in a few years, they can dismiss you from work. You have to write a few books and dozens of articles to reach the next career level, so you work around the clock.
Yep. But it does get easier once you have your PhD and a tenured position. (Grad school is hell on a shoe-string budget.) Sure, you still have tons of undergrads and your own research to put up with. But unless you sh*t on the dean's desk, you have good job security and a pretty decent salary. The real danger in academia is (apart from being in a stupid field :wink: ) burning out because you can always work more, teach better, publish more. And substance addiction.

Anyways, back to OoB. There is always stuff in the pipeline and after Sandstorm, which I think was / is awesome, I am really excited to what is next. 8)
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Ok I think they need lot of time to do a good job realizing new big dlc like wolkskrieg or other important one, but right because we are in holiday period I hoped Devs can realize a smaller and easier dlc. Exemple:
- regia marina
- spanish civil war
- france, polish, rumenian or hungarian campaign
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

It's quiet these days. Almost... Too quiet!

*looks around expectantly for DLC announcement*
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Almost three months from last release and any news, any announcement... never waited so much time. Maybe Artistocrats are waiting more info about PC2 before... marketing strategy?!? Or they decided OOB is died because PC2 seems too innovative?!? ;)
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:29 pm Almost three months from last release and any news, any announcement... never waited so much time. Maybe Artistocrats are waiting more info about PC2 before... marketing strategy?!? Or they decided OOB is died because PC2 seems too innovative?!? ;)
I think nothing will endanger the position of OoB
PC 2 looks poorly at this moment in my opinion

I suppose that work is currently underway on developing units/equipment models from 1944-45.
Endkrieg will be located on all fronts - east, west and italian. It is necessary to create not only German units but also British, US Army and Red Army. Perhaps some auxiliary Hungarian (Zrinyi) or Italy (late Semovente models) units
The next will be the Soviet and Western Allies campaigns, which will probably be released faster when all units will be ready.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

kondi754 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:50 pm Perhaps some auxiliary Hungarian (Zrinyi) or Italy (late Semovente models) units
Give smaller factions some more substance :
"Secondly, we are trying to give smaller factions some more substance, so that they are better represented in the game. It does not mean that these factions will be able to fight the “big four” (Germany, USA, Great Britain and USSR) on equal terms, but we hope that they will become interesting enough to get their own content (scenarios and campaigns) as the series progresses." (Panzer Corps 2 - Dev Diary #2)
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

It's sad (for both developer/publisher and player) that some are dissuaded from 3D/graphics and forgo a potentially great game.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:29 pm Almost three months from last release and any news, any announcement... never waited so much time. Maybe Artistocrats are waiting more info about PC2 before... marketing strategy?!? Or they decided OOB is died because PC2 seems too innovative?!? ;)
Don't Panic ;)

Some things just take longer ...
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

I'm glad you're working weekends, bebro!
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

13obo wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:37 am It's sad (for both developer/publisher and player) that some are dissuaded from 3D/graphics and forgo a potentially great game.
I hope gameplay will save PC 2 because graphics are a big disappointment for me.

OoB has its own style, while PC 2 doesn't offer anything new in the visual side in my opinion. It's the devs's fault, since they advertised the game as a jump into a completely new technology and a new quality of graphics.
Now I don't see this on screenshots from the game.
Despite this, I will be waiting for the release of PC 2 and I will definitely buy this game, but not because of the graphics ... :wink:
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

What we have seen so far is a few screenshots and some statements from the devs. Let's see what they come up with. :D
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

I just hope they make a patch to fix my problem with Panzerkrieg. Still can't finish Kursk South. I must be the only one having this problem, so it will probably be forgotten. Oh well, I'll live.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”