[Mod release] New parameters: Gigantic Size, Chaos difficulty, coop rectangular maps, density, 1-week timers, +++

Aekar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

[Mod release] New parameters: Gigantic Size, Chaos difficulty, coop rectangular maps, density, 1-week timers, +++

Post by Aekar »

UPDATE:
With the 1.08 update you can use a Mods folder and stop overwriting your core files.
Installation instructions and mod has been updated. Enjoy :)

============================================

Hello all,

I made this mod very early on, and I expanded it with all possible options.
Previously it was only distributed on Steam forums but now that is has been expanded it really should be here too.

So now I share it with all Slitherine :)

Define your Own Game!

Mod has been expanded to feature every possible density parameter you could think of.

I marked all options proposed by the mod with a * mark in their description.
Added verbose descriptions also for you to understand what you get.

When running this for the first time, your previous settings will point to new parameters. You must check your first and Advanced tab and make sure you have what you want.

I added 'Default' to the names of all vanilla default parameters, for you to find them again easily.

New Densities

You can remove forest, switch to a Catachan World, to a Necron Tomb World, remove or multiply artefact densities, or all wildlife... you decide!

Please make sure the world generator will be able to work with the percentage you choose. I suppose exceeding 100 % density with combined stuff is bad mojo. ;)

Also remember AI can have difficulties with wildlife and wireweed stuff (ie don't pick Shub Niggurath wireweed density or you'll hurt them).

New Map Sizes

You now have Gigantic Size maps, rectangular maps, and plenty more options.

Gigantic: this huge 6400 tiles map (instead of 'immense' 2600 or so) is for your super large epic campaigns or multiplayer apocalypse epicness.

Rectangular Maps: You now have options for rectangular maps such as 70x30, 90x40 or 110x50 maps. Could be fun if you have to stand out in the middle against several AI teams x when testing that one it makes odd starting locations, I started at same place than an AI, but it could make for a very interesting coop experience!

New Difficulty Options

You may choose for AI to be "Just a Drone" and pick Civilian difficulty for that imperial snob, or Squishy Snotling for that aggressive ork, or Destroyed Mechanic for the Necron.

Or, you increase the odds against you, with difficulties much harder than Impossible:

'I am the Emperor!' doubles their bonuses compared to Impossible difficulty.
'I am a Chaos God!' triples it.

For the most impossible game ever, try fighting several Necrons on a "Tomb World" special density with "I am a Chaos God" difficulty. Naaah... don't do that ;)

New Values: Longtime servers

This parameter is the turn timer limit. It now allows for 1-day and 1-week timer limits, thus allowing for automatic turns for your async hosted sessions with friends.

How to install

1) Download zip file here here

2) Navigate to your Documents/Proxy Studios/Gladius folder and make sure you created a "Mods" folder there, and head there.

3) Unzip the ZIP archive to that place.

Will not work in other languages than English, but if you request it I can do it, since I believe the options are now becoming final.

Enjoy! :)
Last edited by Aekar on Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Aekar

Re: [Mod release 1.06] New parameters: Gigantic Size, Chaos difficulty, coop rectangular maps, density, 1-week timers, +

Post by Aekar »

Note that some map sizes may crash depending on how much RAM is available on your computer.
On mine, 'Large Pass' size does not work, but everything else does.
SSLConf_Shuul
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: [Mod release 1.06] New parameters: Gigantic Size, Chaos difficulty, coop rectangular maps, density, 1-week timers, +

Post by SSLConf_Shuul »

Hi, your option for 0 artifacts does not work, tried two times, still have few artifacts in game.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

Aekar wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:38 am- Head to your Steam game folder (game -> properties -> files -> browse file location).

Download zip file here, install and unzip in your steam game folder, and overwrite:
I think you can here remove 'steam' word, then your install' becomes true for all.
Galak56
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Galak56 »

Hello all,

I have goofed and lost my original Data folder after copying it. I overwrote the data file in the game as per installation instructions, but now It crashes. I deinstalled and reinstalled, but it doesn't seem to work even in what i presme to be vanilla. any ideas how to fix this without my original data folder?
eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by eddieballgame »

Galak56 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:37 am Hello all,
I have goofed and lost my original Data folder after copying it. I overwrote the data file in the game as per installation instructions, but now It crashes. I deinstalled and reinstalled, but it doesn't seem to work even in what i presme to be vanilla. any ideas how to fix this without my original data folder?
First, you learned a valuable lesson. Always back-up the original files you are trading for files that may or may not work.
If you own the Slitherene version, just uninstall & reinstall. There is no reason why this would not solve your problem.
Steam & GOG should give the identical results, through their uninstall & reinstall methods.
You may, also want/try to delete any files/folders that are left after the uninstall, to include the Proxy Studios folder located in your Documents folder.
Aekar

Post by Aekar »

I think you can here remove 'steam' word, then your install' becomes true for all.
True!
Removed it, thanks for this feeback.

@ Eddie
@Galak56
Eddie mentioned a perfect process.
If you reinstalled vanilla then you do have your Data original folder with it.

I can understand why you may have a problem though.

Any mod which allows for new preferences (this includes new games preferences so anything like a new faction, a new map setting etc ) can be removed but the game will still have saved your latest preference as default. The game will still try to access that new content. This may exactly be what causes your crash right now.

You have your saved games and last preferences in the Documents\Proxy Studios folder.
You should backup your saved games from there then delete the Proxy Studios folder.
A new one will be made at launch and any new game preference will be reset to default.
Aekar

Post by Aekar »

Mod updated:
- slightly improved descriptions
- important fix for game pace "Squig Rush" (was at 50 % instead of 25 % by mistake!) and other game paces

Will work on 1.07+ unless game parameters are patched, in which case I'll update it!

Cheers and good game :)
Xilmi
Pandora Community Developer
Pandora Community Developer

Re: [Mod release 1.07+] New parameters: Gigantic Size, Chaos difficulty, coop rectangular maps, density, 1-week timers,

Post by Xilmi »

How are difficulty-levels above Impossible supposed to work?

As far as I know there's a hard-cap ingame that makes Loyalty above 50 work as if it was 50. So it only shall add slightly loyalty by not letting it drop below.
Aekar

Re: [Mod release 1.07+] New parameters: Gigantic Size, Chaos difficulty, coop rectangular maps, density, 1-week timers,

Post by Aekar »

Xilmi the mod upgrades to +100 and +200 loyalty with the additional difficulty options, but to be honest I haven't tested if there are hardcaps.
AFAIK there is no hard uncap, but that would need playing as AI to know for sure.

My work on the imperial guard expansion prevents me from testing that out, so I am looking for your feedback :)
Aekar

Re: [Mod release 1.08] New parameters: Gigantic Size, Chaos difficulty, coop rectangular maps, density, 1-week timers, +

Post by Aekar »

Mod updated for 1.08.
I also updated installation instructions. Have fun!
xucide

Post by xucide »

Shuul wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:07 pm Hi, your option for 0 artifacts does not work, tried two times, still have few artifacts in game.
Seems like there is a hardcoded minimum of 3 artefacts in 1.0.8:

Code: Select all

Gladius.exe+42539B - 89 8D 30020000          - mov [rbp+00000230],ecx
Gladius.exe+4253A1 - C7 85 38020000 03000000 - mov [rbp+00000238],00000003 { 3 }
Gladius.exe+4253AB - 48 8D 85 30020000       - lea rax,[rbp+00000230]
Gladius.exe+4253B2 - 48 8D 95 38020000       - lea rdx,[rbp+00000238]
Gladius.exe+4253B9 - 83 F9 03                - cmp ecx,03 { 3 }
Gladius.exe+4253BC - 48 0F46 C2              - cmovbe rax,rdx
If you change this to 0, it will work as expected. Early game without NPCs is kinda neat, almost has a DoW feel to it and the AI doesn't get wrecked by Enslavers.
Aekar

Re: [Mod release] New parameters: Gigantic Size, Chaos difficulty, coop rectangular maps, density, 1-week timers, +++

Post by Aekar »

Thank you Xucide for finding that out!
JPLOZ
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: [Mod release] New parameters: Gigantic Size, Chaos difficulty, coop rectangular maps, density, 1-week timers, +++

Post by JPLOZ »

This is a good mod. but it is not compatible with 1.00.10.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Modding”