Which DLC to Buy?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Which DLC to Buy?

Post by zakblood »

if you buy from the site, you also get a steam key if the game is released now or in the future, that's your choice if you use it or not, but once the key has been registered into your account here, it's there waiting for any time you do or did need to have one,...

if you buy on steam, you don't also get a site key, and can't register the game here,...

if you buy from gog, your also don't get a site key or steam key, and can't also register the game here,...
richfed
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by richfed »

My two co-favorites are The Allies & the Marines - both set in the Pacific region. I guess mainly because they were new & fresh - Pacific WWII has not been done in this fashion and it was a heckava lot of fun playing those 2.
koopanique
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by koopanique »

bru888 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:55 pm There are times when it's best not to update right away, or at all. With Steam, you have no choice.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's an option to toggle off auto-update in Steam, somewhere in the settings.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

koopanique wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:46 am Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's an option to toggle off auto-update in Steam, somewhere in the settings.
If you find such option, please, tell me where it is.

And to stay on-topic, I really like the Winter War DLC campaign. A nice build-up of core forces and very good balance in the scens. Sure, many missions are defensive in nature, but then it's even more fun to turn the tables on the invading Russians... :D
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

GabeKnight wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:56 pm
koopanique wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:46 am Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's an option to toggle off auto-update in Steam, somewhere in the settings.
If you find such option, please, tell me where it is.
There is no such option, but there are workarounds. The easiest probably this: go to Steam Settings -> Downloads -> Download Restrictions -> Only auto-update games between, and put here a time period you usually have your pc switched off. I understand well for instance Bru's view on this and definitely also like to keep control to myself, but haven't had problems with Steam's auto-update. On the contrary: there were a lot of posts here around the release of Panzerkrieg and problems with the new version. With Steam all worked without such hassle.

Currently the best offer for OoB is probably at Fanatical (ex Bundle Stars):

This bundle is delivered as two individual Steam keys:
•Order of Battle: Pacific (including Order of Battle: World War II [free-to-play], US Pacific DLC and Rising Sun DLC)
•Order of Battle: Morning Sun DLC

The price is only €5.09, which is a bargain for such a superb game.
GabeKnight wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:56 pm And to stay on-topic, I really like the Winter War DLC campaign. A nice build-up of core forces and very good balance in the scens. Sure, many missions are defensive in nature, but then it's even more fun to turn the tables on the invading Russians... :D
+1
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

CoolDTA wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:58 am [...] but haven't had problems with Steam's auto-update. On the contrary: there were a lot of posts here around the release of Panzerkrieg and problems with the new version. With Steam all worked without such hassle.
Yeah, that I have to admit to be true.

Actually I have no problems with Steam whatsoever, but it seems I'm a bit of the old school... and especially don't like auto-updates without my confirmation... :?

Return to “Order of Battle Series”