Arrival date of the new patch

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Arrival date of the new patch

Post by Shards »

I've spent the last 3 hours bashing my head against my desk trying to get the Mac versions on Steam and GoG to update in a correct and reliable fashion....

I may have finally fixed it....
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

So, it looks like we've wrangled Mac into line, but as this version updates the unit stats, we need to update all the versions of the game at once. And I don't want to do that out of our office hours (for obvs reasons!).

We'll start publishing tomorrow morning UK time

Thanks,
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

Hard life Slitherine employee. :lol:
Deja Bru
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Deja Bru »

Thus we have a glimpse of how this is not an easy process. Please stop bashing your head, though. We need it intact. :wink:
- Bru
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

Programmer Roger Keating of SSG once remarked that programming in assembler is like running head first into a brick wall.....and learning to like it.
Good luck with the patch.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Yeah, this isn't even programming. It's just that there's 9 versions of Order of Battle now. x86, x64 and Mac. And all of these are available on three different platforms, Slitherine/Matrix, Steam and GOG. And they're all slightly different and need to be wrangled into line :)
Gunja
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Gunja »

Since I started this topic quite angrily, I just wanted to say that whenever everythings works (or to be precise the bugs are minor) this game is really great. Actually maybe it is really because this game is really good, that i get angry when I cannot enjoy it due to technical issues...
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi!

OOB is a big ol' game now and has grown incrementally over the last 3 years with a very hard-working but small team of developers. We're trying some new methods to get issues caught quicker and squashed asap now and we do appreciate the passion and helpfulness of all of our players :)

p.s. 6.1.9 with a minor fix for legacy PBEM games out soon

Ta
robertahyuk
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by robertahyuk »

Just wish that the problem we discussed with Panzerkrieg would get fixed as I sure would like to play it again and be able to finish it. Maybe on the next update? :)
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

HI,

It's on the slate for the next update with a High Priority flag :)
Gunja
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Gunja »

By the way, does anyway know if this is a persistent issue or does it happen only to some players. I am just asking because I would like to calculate my risks before starting the campaign or waiting with this until the next patch. :wink:
In the other topic it seemed to me, that for some it works fine or am I mistaken. (Still it is could to know, that you are working on it)
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Robert's issue isn't with the scenario, it's that he's managed to get the AI into a position where it's hitting an internal error and breaking. Most people should be fine playing through that mission.

Thanks
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

Thanks Shards. I have no idea what I did but I'll be glad when it's fixed. :D
Could it be fixed in this 6.1.9 update? That would be nice.
wtjg
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by wtjg »

hello,

When I play the Caucasus oilfield scenario I capture the three main cities, in time and as required yet I don't win. I contacted support and they said ask in the forum, but I don't see how to do it. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

wtjg wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:08 pm hello,

When I play the Caucasus oilfield scenario I capture the three main cities, in time and as required yet I don't win. I contacted support and they said ask in the forum, but I don't see how to do it. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
I really can't say when (or whether) a new patch for this will arrive, but for the time being, I think you can solve the problem with this: http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 63#p707363
wtjg

Post by wtjg »

Thanks Gabriel Knight! What is also interesting is that the victory conditions on mine show capturing two oilfields by turn 30 as secondary, on your graphic it shows as primary...
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

wtjg wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:43 pm Thanks Gabriel Knight! What is also interesting is that the victory conditions on mine show capturing two oilfields by turn 30 as secondary, on your graphic it shows as primary...
Yeah, looks like they changed that at some point (the screenshots are from OoB v5.2.9). I think it was due to some discrepancies in the scen scripting (related to the oil fields), pointed out by one of the moderators here.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”