Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

maguro
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

Post by maguro »

Aerologue wrote: 2. Supply for buying or upgrading to newly-introduced or rare units should be limited. For example the player may have access to 2 new Tigers and 1 Panther but 6 Panzer IVs. When he upgrades a Panzer IV to a Tiger, the supply adjusts accordingly (1 Tiger, 7 Pz IVs). So no matter how much prestige the player has, he cannot field a dozen Tigers for an easy win.
I like this idea a lot, especially if it could be an adjustable option in the scenario editor - maybe a script one could add in the scenario parameters.

Had my doubts about 3D but the screenshot looks better than expected. Looking forward to hearing more about PC2.
Last edited by maguro on Mon May 28, 2018 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomAttack
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by RandomAttack »

IMO the real issue is a continuous self-feeding death spiral: Player gets to field large armies where everyone is elite & overstrength---> scenario designers assume this, so the OPFOR is ALSO elite & overstrength (and in extra-huge numbers) to ensure a challenge. It just gets worse and worse. It's unrealistic to play, say, the Berlin scenario with most of your tanks as Tiger II's and most of your units as "superheroes". It's also almost impossible to win if you don't do that. I submit the entire experience/overstrength/elite replacement mechanic is the cause of this. You can mod a lot of this in the current game, but then the scenarios become unbalanced so it would be a real chore to fix it all. I would love to see this addressed in PC2.
vakarr
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by vakarr »

McChamp wrote:I like the idea of dual role for aircraft (recon vs. fighter/bomber) but would like the role to be only to be switchable when the unit is on an airfields, as with repair in PC1.

The switch could even change the stats of the unit in different ways, (depending on the unit?) which account for having to store camera equipment somewhere.
There could options like
a) All weapons replaced (attack 0, defense reduced)
b) Carrying less ammunition
c) Carrying less guns (reduced attack/defense and less ammunition).

As an alternative (or even additional) there might be a switch of "flight mode" which represents flying above or below the clouds. Of course you would have a better spotting if below the clouds, but would be more vulnerable to AA or fighter attacks (from above).
Well if you are doing photo recce then being higher doesn't necessarily mean a worse view (assuming no clouds) if you have high resolution cameras and good photo interpreters. A recce plane might have the same defense value as they did all sorts of things to make them go faster (eg filing down the rivets to make a smoother surface) so their main defence was to avoid being intercepted, or else give them the same evade possibility as submarines - it seems that taking away the guns and ammo was a net loss in weight and therefore an increase in speed. So if it's a fighter plane being used for recce it gets the evade characteristic and if its a bomber being used for recce it can fly higher to avoid interception/flak so keeping the same defence value.
AndySfromVA
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by AndySfromVA »

I read a comment that I agree with 100%, that once you play a campaign or a scenario the game becomes repetitious. I'd like to see some variations from scenario to scenario in terms of
1-Starting location
2-Units
3-Weather
4-Terrain

I'd also like to see the introduction of random elements so that in the course of a scenario:
1-A new unit suddenly becomes available
2-Mechanical difficulties limit the usefulness of a unit
3-Partisans destroy a unit
4-An unexpected increase in supplies (prestige) suddenly becomes available.

The more you think about it the more random elements you can come up with.
Loamshire
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Loamshire »

Friendly units that are not under your control.

That's to say perhaps a number of SE infantry, foreign units, aviation or just units belonging to a different corps or army group.

These units may have their own agendas/objectives and could be a great help or a hindrance by blocking up roads etc. They could even be looking to steal some glory and so lower your prestige points. Or new orders - you now need to help them out but still don't control them - if they'd just get out of the way and let your men do the fighting!
ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by ptje63 »

What I would like to know if it is still worth the effort to suggest ideas for development of PC2. Scores of members have been suggesting countless usefull improvements and wishes, but I miss some feedback / response of the dev team of what is done with it.
Should we just be patient and wait, or can the dev team at least give some idea of what can be expected?
Needless to say I am just one of the many PC enthusiasts eagerly waiting for a sequal to this outstanding game ;-)
peterw
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by peterw »

My ideas:
- Japan Campaign
- Selectible bonus units
- Selectible heros (e.g. 3 are offered)
- Update ability for ships
- Buying ships (as core units)
- Switchable submarines (up-/down water)
My Italian Panzer Corps campaign Italia Victor!:
http://www.streitmacht.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=53
kyanzes
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by kyanzes »

I'd be very useful to be able to partially reinforce (by one) units. It's been a frustration that it's not possible to do this. I can reinforce a unit with 1 strength to 10 strength but I cannot add 3 strength to three different strength-1 units. Makes very little sense.
Kluge

Post by Kluge »

Good graphics isnt all, but i hope u can beat the new game "Panzer Strategy". This game looks like the Genre steps a little forward.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

by Kluge » 22 Jul 2018 06:06

Good graphics isnt all, but i hope u can beat the new game "Panzer Strategy". This game looks like the Genre steps a little forward.
Yes!..."Kluge"...I have to agree with your assessment'. From the "U-Tube Game Preview Video'' the Graphics are dazzling and the on the ground animations are something I haven't seen before, how-ever...as good as all that is...and it is good...the game appears to run slower than PanzerCorp's, and the overall big-Picture of the operation or task at hand doesn't seem to be quite as apparent!.

Again in this Game as in the PC2 Preview, the game-screen appears darkish & Murky, requiring more intense concentration than one would consider necessary to easily see what is in-fact on the Terrain-LandScape.

Of course I couldn't know how well or realistically the game will play out as that would require actually purchasing it and giving it a go!.

I still love PanzerCorp's as I am of the mindset,...that it is still the best there is!. At the same time it's not inconceivable that PanzerCorp's could get some advantageous idea's from this "Panzer Strategy" game.
Aerologue

Post by Aerologue »

PC1 is great and I am sure PC2 will be better.
With regard to movement, if it's not too late, may I suggest that the player should be able to choose the path for moving to his target hex? There are times when you suspect there is a hostile unit in the way to you target hex but cannot alter the path computed by the game unless you move in steps thereby losing a turn. This is completely unrealistic.
Again on movement, it would be nice to point to a remote hex and see the shortest path to that hex (white arrow for the allowable movement, say 5 hexes, changing colour or transparent for the remainder of the required journey) as well as computed fuel cost to get there.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

For PZ2, can you think about the "Extras" a unit accumulates to be a little easier to find? Like attack modifiers, defense etc?
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

demyansk wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:44 am For PZ2, can you think about the "Extras" a unit accumulates to be a little easier to find? Like attack modifiers, defense etc?
Our current plan is to show all stats everywhere in the UI with modifiers already applied, and if you hover any of these numbers you will see the base value and a break down of all modifiers applied to it in a tooltip.
superxingtan

Post by superxingtan »

Hi, I just have a silly idea. I'd like to see more super heavy tanks. I think Germany, USA, Britain, France, USSR, etc, had all planned their super heavy tanks at the end of the war, but few of them were made into the production phase. I'd like to see them in the game. I think it happened to ships as well, such as the Montana-class. It should be cool to add these war machines into the game.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

idea for a scenario...mp balanced scenario
1940 France invasion
Battle at the Gembloux Gap...

A rare Allied success at the beginning of the battle for France...I love the thought of going head to head with someone in a chess like scenario of this little known battle

Please :mrgreen:
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Tephrias

Post by Tephrias »

I red many ideas before, sry if I repeat those. I hope have more chance at dev team, if more player want the same. : )

Generals Make the game more replayable.

At the start of the campaign, the player get a general, who gives different bonuses in the whole campaign. The general get experience, can leveling. At 2-3 level can choose a specialization. Some example on german side: Panzer general, Infantry ( or Sturm) general, Engineer (or Mechanic) general, Aux general. Each general add new game mechanic, unique units.

Panzer general: anti tank guns and tankdestroyers give fire support to the friendly tanks. If an enemy tank attack the friendly, the AT gun fire first, after that start the tank vs. tank fight. Historicaly german commander offen use AT-s with tanks. Panzers lure enemy armors to front of AT guns and attack back after the AT-s decimate the enemy.

Infantry (or Sturm) general: Infantry units can merge with another ground unit, creating a Kampfgruppe. Kampfgruppes number are limited. The general can require stronger assault infantry, heavy assault guns, heavy mortar artillery, railway artillery, flamthrower units.

Engineer (or Mechanic) general: Infantry and armored units can capture enemy tanks, guns, trucks. The player can use these as core units, or sell, or build new ones. Example: PzII + 76mm soviet at gun = Marder. The types and number of crafted vechiles are determinate.

Aux general: The general can request italian, hungarian, romanian core units with own prestige and deploy managment, dont taking away the prestige and place from german units, but add an extra and free strenght to main army.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Historical Unit-Availability & Actual Historical Quantities:

I find it quite disagreeable and unfit to have units that were scarce dominating the Game-Map!. Locating records of Availability & Quantity should not be too difficult.

For an example of sort's, the Tiger-I had a production of something like 1260 units. As well...this small number of unit's was allocated to various different front's. This mean's that the designated number of Tiger-I tanks available for the Eastern-Front would have represented only a percentage of that total!. I have played the Axis side and had about a dozen Tiger-I tanks in the game, this is something which should not be tolerated.

Why not make various units to be available as they actually were, month by month or whatever, to simulate historical availability...which will also make the game more realistic!.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Retributarr wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:56 pm Historical Unit-Availability & Actual Historical Quantities:

I find it quite disagreeable and unfit to have units that were scarce dominating the Game-Map!. Locating records of Availability & Quantity should not be too difficult.

For an example of sort's, the Tiger-I had a production of something like 1260 units. As well...this small number of unit's was allocated to various different front's. This mean's that the designated number of Tiger-I tanks available for the Eastern-Front would have represented only a percentage of that total!. I have played the Axis side and had about a dozen Tiger-I tanks in the game, this is something which should not be tolerated.

Why not make various units to be available as they actually were, month by month or whatever, to simulate historical availability...which will also make the game more realistic!.
You are welcome to put any restrictions on your gameplay you desire, so just don't buy them and go for a historical core, like Braccada and Lt. Joker are attempting to do on their current playthrough
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

goose_2 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:28 pm
Retributarr wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:56 pm Historical Unit-Availability & Actual Historical Quantities:

You are welcome to put any restrictions on your gameplay you desire, so just don't buy them and go for a historical core, like Braccada and Lt. Joker are attempting to do on their current playthrouglh
I'll be more specific!: One should not be able to instantaneously upgrade for example...all of the Tank Units in one's inventory just as a new Production Item comes out. Upgrading shoulid be regulated by the actual historical production limits. Therefore!, month by month or whatever, one should be able to "Incrementally Upgrade" as historical production quantities permit.

So...initially, perhap's only one of your outdated tank unit's can be upgraded. Next month...another tank unit can also be upgraded...and so on as supply inventories allow.

Panzer VI Tiger Tank Production Historical Quantities
Panzerkampfwagen Tiger Ausf. E
https://panzerworld.com/pz-kpfw-tiger-ausf-e#production

German armored fighting vehicle production during World War II
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_ar ... VI_(Tiger)

Production history
Production of the Tiger I began in August 1942, initially at a rate of 25 per month and peaking in April 1944 at 104 per month. 1,355 had been built by August 1944, when production ceased. Deployed Tiger I's peaked at 671 on 1 July 1944.[36] It took about twice as long to build a Tiger I as another German tank of the period. When the improved Tiger II began production in January 1944, the Tiger I was soon phased out.

Armor Production Numbers - Panzerworld
https://panzerworld.com/armor-production-numbers
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

Retributarr wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:02 pm
goose_2 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:28 pm

You are welcome to put any restrictions on your gameplay you desire, so just don't buy them and go for a historical core, like Braccada and Lt. Joker are attempting to do on their current playthrouglh
I'll be more specific!: One should not be able to instantaneously upgrade for example...all of the Tank Units in one's inventory just as a new Production Item comes out. Upgrading shoulid be regulated by the actual historical production limits. Therefore!, month by month or whatever, one should be able to "Incrementally Upgrade" as historical production quantities permit.

So...initially, perhap's only one of your outdated tank unit's can be upgraded. Next month...another tank unit can also be upgraded...and so on as supply inventories allow.

Panzer VI Tiger Tank Production Historical Quantities
Panzerkampfwagen Tiger Ausf. E

German armored fighting vehicle production during World War II
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_ar ... VI_(Tiger)

Production history
Production of the Tiger I began in August 1942, initially at a rate of 25 per month and peaking in April 1944 at 104 per month. 1,355 had been built by August 1944, when production ceased. Deployed Tiger I's peaked at 671 on 1 July 1944.[36] It took about twice as long to build a Tiger I as another German tank of the period. When the improved Tiger II began production in January 1944, the Tiger I was soon phased out.

Armor Production Numbers - Panzerworld
https://panzerworld.com/armor-production-numbers
I like this idea very much, I also think it's a misunderstanding if the player's corps is composed only of the newest and best equipment
I like maximum compliance with the reality of the Second World War
not every player has time for the tedious determining what can and what not to buy, so devs should make the "historical mode" themselves for more demanding players :!:

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”