Peloponnese scenario

dejvid2
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Peloponnese scenario

Post by dejvid2 »

Now that the map creation tool is out I done a scenario covering the Peloponnese and have uploaded it here:
http://kart-hadasht.co.uk/game/aggresso ... esmall.php

It is playable but all the flags etc are the same as the original scenario and the only faction that is the same is the Spartans.

Hence I only count it as version 0.8.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Peloponnese scenario

Post by Cablenexus »

dejvid2 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:43 pm Now that the map creation tool is out I done a scenario covering the Peloponnese and have uploaded it here:

It is playable but all the flags etc are the same as the original scenario and the only faction that is the same is the Spartans.

Hence I only count it as version 0.8.
Hi,

First of all very nice you get into modding.

It should be nice to also add it to the Steam Workshop if you use Steam. Simply use the "publish" button ingame and edit the description in Steam via your Workshop menu.

Since the last update there are a few categories you don't need a MOD for anymore, you can just add the folders to the scenario file and it takes them.
These are the new categories that doesn't requires a mod anymore:

CoatOfArms
Flags
LibraryPictures
Pictures
ResourceTexts
Videos
Windows

If any question ask in the forum.
gwgardner
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by gwgardner »

Cool map, and set of factions. It will be interesting to see how the AI sorts things out over a series of runthroughs. Now I'm going to have to read up on the Pelopennesian War to understand what's going on.

I look forward to your updates. You'll probably get a lot more attention for it by putting it in the Steam Workshop as Cablenexus indicated.
dejvid2

Post by dejvid2 »

Cablenexus wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:58 pm It should be nice to also add it to the Steam Workshop if you use Steam. Simply use the "publish" button ingame and edit the description in Steam via your Workshop menu.
I'm afraid I just haven't managed to get Steam and Aggressors to link up. I've subscribed to several scenarios but there's something I'm not doing and Steam
gives me no clue as what that is. So I'm afraid I've rather given up on Steam.
Cablenexus wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:58 pm Since the last update there are a few categories you don't need a MOD for anymore, you can just add the folders to the scenario file and it takes them.
These are the new categories that doesn't requires a mod anymore:

CoatOfArms
Flags
LibraryPictures
Pictures
ResourceTexts
Videos
Windows

If any question ask in the forum.
That's very useful to know. And thanks for the offer of help. I may take you up on it when I've had a chance to watch the modding development stream when it appears on youtube and there are still a few things that are unclear.
gwgardner wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:16 pm Cool map, and set of factions. It will be interesting to see how the AI sorts things out over a series of runthroughs. Now I'm going to have to read up on the Pelopennesian War to understand what's going on.
Actually you should probably be looking at Polybios and Plutarch. I haven't taken one point in time but tried to include as many factions as possible from those that appear in the 3rd and second centuries with
the aim of ending up with all the sides being fairly equal.
Finding out how to change the briefings for the factions is on my to do list.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

dejvid2 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:22 pm I'm afraid I just haven't managed to get Steam and Aggressors to link up. I've subscribed to several scenarios but there's something I'm not doing and Steam
gives me no clue as what that is. So I'm afraid I've rather given up on Steam.
To link up Aggressors with Steam, you actually need to activate your Steam key in the Steam client. (games/activate product on Steam).

It will install Aggressors in your Steam directory, the userfolder with your own scenarios in it stays the same.

If you have Aggressors installed in Steam and you also use the Aggressors.exe shortcut made by Steam or start Aggressors via the Steam menu you will play the Steam version.
dejvid2

Post by dejvid2 »

I had a go at this. I assumed that the key would be the number I needed to install Aggressors but the error came back as invalid. What is a Steam key?
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

dejvid2 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:51 pm I had a go at this. I assumed that the key would be the number I needed to install Aggressors but the error came back as invalid. What is a Steam key?
If you bought the game at Slitherine, they should provide you the Steam key. Sometimes the registration or serial key is the same as the Steam key. sometimes the Steam (activation) key is delivered seperately.
If you go to the member area of Slitherine/Matrix you should see it in the list.
dejvid2

Post by dejvid2 »

I have uploaded an new version of my Peloponnese scenario here:

I have also finally got onto steam and uploaded it there but it won't let me change the visibility setting so it is currently on friends only.
Is there some kind of vetting system?

Return to “Aggressors Modding”