Order of Battle: Endsieg Units Preview

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order of Battle: Endsieg Units Preview

Post by Daniele »

Take a look at some of the new and powerful units the German War Machine would deploy into the battlefield in Endsieg, the latest chapter in the Order of Battle series!

PzKpfw E-100

The Entwicklung Series specialization represents several new tanks in different weight classes and focuses on the standardization of their design. It reduces the cost of the Panther and Tiger II tank units and allows production of the E-100, a virtually indestructible super-heavy tank.

Sturmtiger

This assault gun is built on the Tiger I chassis and is armed with a 380mm rocket-propelled round. This massive firepower combined with the thick armour of the Tiger design make this unit very effective at smashing enemy fortifications while crippling their morale and combat efficiency

Krupp K5 Railroad Gun

In the battle of Anzio on the Italian front, this 283mm railroad gun will be available to rain death upon the Allied positions. Due to a slow reload the weapon is rather ineffective at destroying enemy units, but its extremely long firing range provides an unprecedented ability to strike strategic targets anywhere on the map.

SdKfz 251 Uhu

The new Vampir Nachtjäger specialization focuses on infra-red light, which is only visible though special sighting devices. It unlocks the SdKfz 251 "Uhu" halftrack, equipped with a powerful IR searchlight to increase the offensive combat effectiveness of all adjacent German tanks.

He 177 Atombomber

Through the late-war "Uranprojekt" specialization the Germans gain access to the ultimate weapon: the atomic bomb. While very expensive to produce, a bomber carrying this weapon can evaporate any target on the battlefield.

Me 262 Schwalbe
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Order of Battle: Endsieg Units Preview

Post by 13obo »

Great hypothetical units! Most never left design stage, of course. I like the push for a stronger break from the conformity to other similar games going further into what-if than the Maus tank.

I guess all these "futuristic" units will be available only in the last 1 or 2 scenarios of the campaign (plus other player-made campaigns) so thus game won't feel too sci-fi?
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Yeah, they're late-game mostly. And ppl who prefer a more historic setup can simply decide what to purchase and what not...:)
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Thank you! You're a good Shards replacement!
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

File units list, pleeeeeease!!! :)
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

File units list, pleeeeeease!!! :)
Mojko

Post by Mojko »

I really like this :D the units look super good. I'm very interested in the Vampir Nachtjäger. How will this affect my strategy and unit positioning, I wonder?
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
Admiral_Horthy
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

Hmmm looks good) Gabe gets his Railroad gun finally) Nice model is seems from here)) And Infrarotgerat is a creative trait... congrats guys)
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Admiral_Horthy wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:59 pm Hmmm looks good) Gabe gets his Railroad gun finally) Nice model is seems from here)) And Infrarotgerat is a creative trait... congrats guys)
Yeah, it's about time... :wink: 8) :D

I just hope they fix the bugs in the existing specs first (Panzerkeil), before introducing similar new ones.
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Me 163 will be there?
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

GabeKnight wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:11 am
Yeah, it's about time... :wink: 8) :D

I just hope they fix the bugs in the existing specs first (Panzerkeil), before introducing similar new ones.
True- past performance of Aristocrats at coding the specs according to their descriptive text has been... Poor. It's the one thing that continues to disappoint after every dlc.

Not sure why it's so hard to get em to work right, but really crossing fingers at least 90% of them work as advertised this time!

Return to “News & Announcements”