What content would you like to see in PzC 2?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Epperaliant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: What content would you like to see in PzC 2?

Post by Epperaliant »

I get it that the game is called Panzer Corps and that it has a long extabilished tradition, but please try to not make it a German sausage-fest.

North Africa? Give us a Desert Rats campaign!
Or maybe a fully fledged Italian campaign!

Sea Lion? Let us play the defenders!

A British Commandos "behind enemy lines" campaign?

Soviet Grand campaign? Give soviets more love!

A massive Allies campaign?
edahl1980
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by edahl1980 »

Italian campaign could be interesting, but you already have it. Afrikan corps, only buy Italian units.
Naxor
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Naxor »

Good long finnish campaign including winter and continuation war. There was some hype around soviet corps including battles in finnish front but couple mission with only few different units wasnt what I was hoping. In those wars there was a lot of battles and material for good campaign. Even for user made maps lack of enough different finnish units make it very hard to make interesting scenarios. I wish similar dlc like afrika corps was for panzer corps 1.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

tactical22 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:01 pm A massive scenario for the whole war like the mod for Panzer Corps Battlefield: Europe by McGuba. A master piece!!! Full of surprises and events!!!
Cheers :D
Exactly, I absolutely agree, this is a very good example of what can be done! :D
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
jeffoot77
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by jeffoot77 »

hello everybody,

sorry for my bad english, i will try to give my wishes :

i wish i could unlock a unique unit after completed a campaign in hardest difficulty (whitout cheating, it is easy to detect with history )
For me , it would be a exciting challenge when launching a new campaign: will i succeed to get the price?
Each unique unit could be bought in others campaigns or not . For example, the Gloster E28 Whittle for the english is not powerful but why not the possibility to unlock it as reward of the English campaign in normal ? i wish there is minimum like a kind of collection with all the pictures of all the planes in the game with some " locked " planes , some "locked" tanks, etc... that could be unlocked by completing the hardest campaigns or missions.

That would be fun to get new units , pictures , ... to unlock each months or with each new DLC ...
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
Adraeth
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Adraeth »

I would like to have all the armies involved in the war, from major ones to minor ones, so italians, soumi, rumanians, greece and so on... and, consdering the random map generator (and maybe a random campaign generator?) i would like to merge them to portrait random (yet historical) scenarios, like the Germans with axis minors in russia.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

I would like to see more scenarios (or along an entire campaign) that are more accurate historically, i.e. also with historic force compositions and strength balances… I am not saying, there aren’t any… there are actually many and winning (in principle) is nice, however… entire armies full of Tiger IIs and Elefants can be considered less historic (IMHO)… :mrgreen:
DoctorCreepy
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by DoctorCreepy »

I'm always down for some secret weapons. Well, maybe more than just some. lol
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

What i would i like to see???:

I would like to try out various hypothetical variants to experiment with other potential possible historical outcomes of the war!. These adjustments could then be hard-fixed at the initial game set-up or instead be subject to a dice-roll/random chance.
Lets try a few ideas for Example!:

These suggestions may have to come with an additional Add-On-Game-Package, as I don't see how the main game could accommodate such an addition!

(Sufferen suggestions...I have a lot of them, these are just a very few! )

- "D-Day":_Eisenhower even wrote a speech for the possibility that the 'Normandie Invasion' would fail, mainly because of the precarious weather-situation window. The good weather for invasion purposes was estimated only as a 'not so great percetage possibility'. In-fact, the English-Channel did eventually become boisterous enough to dislodge and send some of the Mulbary Harbours off their set disembarkation/discharge positions (I think that some of them actually sank!). Making the aquisition of the Cherbourg Harbour and Antwerp Harbour locations that much more critical!.

If in-fact, the Channel Storms had caused the beach-landings to collapse. In that event, ...to then replace those lost Mulbary Harbours, as well as all the rest that goes with it, it could have set the Anglo-Allied invasion plans back nearly a couple of year's. How would that have affected the war???.
----

- De-Gaul & the Maginot Line!:
As i have mentioned in a previous post, the French did not complete the 'Maginot-Line' to the channel because they did not want to offend the Belgians. What effect would that have had on the German Invasion of France if the Maginot-Fortifications had been completed instead???.

De-Gaul wanted to organize substantial armoured divisions, something like the German's had, but was over-ruled by his superior's in that they instead favoured piece-mealing out tank's to the Infantry-Divisions as extra support infrastructure. What if 'De-Gaul' had...had his way instead???.
----

- Operation Barbarossa':
In the opening German invasion of Russia, the German's 'Main-Thrust' (Moscow) made great early gains. Why is that?. That took place, because the Russian Forces in the Centre & North were only partially assembled and organized. Why is that?. Because "Stalin" believed/assumed that the German's first priority would be to go after the Oil-Fields in the south. So he made sure to prioritize the assembly and readiness of those southern forces instead, while sacrificing the build up of the norteren forces. Yet, Army-Group-Center took all the Glory for slashing through the partially assembled, unprepared weak Russian Forces in their area of operations. Hitler desperately wanted the Grain/Food-Stuffs of the Ukraine to feed his army instead. Perhaps at this point in time he was yet unaware of the vast Oil-Supplies in the southern region?.

So again!. what now if the situation here was somewhat altered?. What if Hitler instead "sallied-forth" after the Oil instead of Ukraine's grain???...or if Stalin had perchance come to know that the Main German Effort was going to be the assault on Moskau???. Taking out Moscow would not have ended the war in Russia, as Russian Industry had already been relocated to relatively safe outer regions. Taking out the Oil-Fields instead may have proved to be massively decisive!. 80% of the Russian Armies Oil came from here!.

Do you know that nearly one-third of the German-Panzers did not participate in Barbarossa because...(approx guess/i really can't recall...1200 to 1400 to 2800 tank's or more were not used because of a shortage of fuel supplies). Had Hitler known about the Russian Oil early on, he may well have instead elected to go after the rich Oil-Fields, so that he could then activate the rest of his inactive armoured units!.
So now!!!, would/could that situational change have made a difference???.
----
- Some Other situations In Brief!!!:
***Hitlers interference with the Me-262 intercepter programme'.

***Failure to follow Rommels recommendation to invade 'Malta' and take it out of the supply restricion effort to 'North-Afrika' with German & Italian seaborne invasion forces.

***Hitler declares war on the United-States 2 or 3 days after the debacle at Pearl Harbour!. What if he had NOT declared war on the U.S.???, how much longer would it have delayed their entry into the war if they in-fact even would enter it at all due to public opinion being against getting involved in another European conflict!.
----
----
Theres more, but this is quite enough already!.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

@Retributarr: I really like your ideas of potential "what-ifs"! :D

Just one minor note on the strategic importance of oil and its availability in the Caucasus: it was known but it was not really prioritized until late 1941/early 1942 (Fall Blau).

So in case interested, maybe compare pdf page 30 on the economic implications of attacking the Soviet Union (including the availability of oil): “Economic Survey” but also compare pdf page 129 (and following) of this document, really interesting I think...
https://history.army.mil/html/books/104 ... 104-21.pdf

Here is also a short German article on the topic but this might require (google) translation: http://www.spiegel.de/einestages/zweite ... 46446.html
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Introduction: Self determination of the progress and outcome of WWII:

In WWII, the aquisition of "Strategic-Industrial-Military-Resources" for the Axis Powers was of primary vital importance!. WWII was in-fact such a War, in particular for the Axis alliance!. The games depicted now-a-day's about WWII do not take this concern/dimension into their overall gaming strategy as a consideration!. It is as if this aspect is a total non-concern/a Non-Relevant-Issue!.

This, however. is another aspect of WWII that i would very-much like to explore!...yet, have Never been able to do so with any WWII game. Meaning that, based on my successfull/un-successfull aquisition of these particular vital resources, that this will then determine what i will or will not be able to do or accomplish in my own WWII Game. Of course, since i am now determining my own course of action's and not what actually historically occurred in WWII regarding the resource aspect's in particular, my own version of WWII will now come into being!.

To enlighten this discussion further i am going to include an excerpt from one of my previous post's to further describe what im trying to portray/present!.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
World War II German Military Weaknesses: Natural Resources / Strategic Materials

Natural Resources / Strategic Materials (These situations in large part also apply to the Italian's & Japanese)

Strategic materials played a critical role in World War II, in both the desire to launch the War and in the ability to wage an extended conflict. Acquiring natural resources was a major war aim of Germany and the other Axis powers. Only one country at the outbreak of World War II had the industrial and agricultural capacity as well as the resource base to wage world war and that was the United states which had no desire to participate in another world war. The Soviet Union had significantly expanded the Russian industrial base, but weakened the country's agricultural productivity through enducing the Ukrainian famine and collectivzing agriculture. Like the United States, the Soviets possessed enormous natural resources and like Germany, they had designs on neighboring countries.

The Axis powers were less favorably positioned for War in term of raw materials. Germany was an important industrial and scientific power, but could neither feed itself nor possessed the strategic resources needed for industrial world war.

Germany was particularly deficient in access to petroleum, a necessity for the modern mechanized war it planned to wage. Germany's answer to this was a synthetic petroleum industry, but this did not even meet the country's need in peace time.

The limited resource base was why Hitler in his strategic thinking from a very early stage looked east to the copious resources of the Soviet Union--resources that were not subject to a Royal Navy blockade.

Acquiring natural resources was a major war aim of Germany and the other Axis powers, but the lack of these resources affected the conduct of the War launched to obtain them.

Germany needed to wage another world war. one of the most important was iron, tungsten, cobalt, copper, rubber, and other materials. The limited resource base was why Hitler in his strategic thinking had from a very early stage looked east to the copious resources of the Soviet Union--to get resources that were not subject to a Royal Navy blockade
nono hard et heavy

Post by nono hard et heavy »

Good morning, everyone.
The first thing that comes to mind and that I would like to see is graphics: that it be possible to model (skins) each unit as it is possible in Order of Battle. In this game, the system is simple: no need for Masks. It's within the reach of anyone who comes along like me. For the rest, I trust the developers of the game as well as the enthusiasts who, I hope, will be able to create mods.
Greetings.
Kasperlzhang

Post by Kasperlzhang »

nikivdd wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:28 pm That is the million dollar question :twisted: . What content would you like to see in PzC 2? It is never too early to hear your ideas for a campaign, isn't it?
A dynamic campaign. Where the player’s success and failure has some real influence on the strategic map, and every scenario is not predesigned, but calculated based on the grand situation and the player’s choice.

If you can do this, I believe it would truly be epic.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Kasperlzhang wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:59 am
nikivdd wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:28 pm That is the million dollar question :twisted: . What content would you like to see in PzC 2? It is never too early to hear your ideas for a campaign, isn't it?
A dynamic campaign. Where the player’s success and failure has some real influence on the strategic map, and every scenario is not predesigned, but calculated based on the grand situation and the player’s choice.

If you can do this, I believe it would truly be epic.
A (more) dynamic campaign, what a great idea! Also some additional randomness (within scenarios) would increase replayability/fun!

+1 :mrgreen:

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”