FUTURE of ORDER OF BATTLE

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: FUTURE of ORDER OF BATTLE

Post by calmhatchery »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:18 pm
calmhatchery wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:09 pm I updated the MAP !!! it is not the end :)
You had not split Allied west campaign...
I suggest aeronavale campaign in mediterran, as Italian side but also as British side...
I''ll make it !! YEs!!!
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

PLEASE check it :)
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

order future kopia.jpg
order future kopia.jpg (282.38 KiB) Viewed 4986 times
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

And you made a Christmas tree out of it, you need to place the icons on the map better :lol: :mrgreen:
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

kondi754 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:29 pm And you made a Christmas tree out of it, you need to place the icons on the map better :lol: :mrgreen:
HAAAHAA Kondi you have right hahahahaha but ....I would like t osee so many DLc's what about you? :)
TheFilthyCasual
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by TheFilthyCasual »

Given the Nazis have 5 campaigns to their name and are more logically constructed (you have the main land war from Blitzkrieg to Panzerkrieg to Ensieg, then a dedicated campaign for the navy, and one for the more isolated African theatre) I think in that light the Pacific campaigns need a restructuring.

The Japanese should have 3 campaigns. One should follow the Pacific and focus on ships, naval aviation and marine landings; its focus should be the Pacific, island hopping, naval battles. Not large-scale ground campaigns in Australia. You should follow the actual Japanese plan of seizing Midway, Port Moresby, Fiji, Samoa, New Caledonia, and finally Hawaii. If you must throw in some whacko alt-history stuff, the most I would do is, say, a carrier attack on the Panama Canal.

The other two should be the existing Morning Sun campaign, then a follow-on campaign that acts as the Japanese counterpart to Burma Road where you seize Malaya, Sumatra, Burma, and, if you want to take it farther, Ceylon, then win by stirring up an Indian Revolt against the British. If you reeeaaallly want to push it you could finish with defending Madagascar but that seems about as out-there as Australia to me.

The US should still have two campaigns but they should be split between a Navy/Marines campaign that focuses on naval battles and central Pacific island hopping; and a Southwest Pacific campaign focusing on the Army and your ouster from the Philippines, the fight in New Guinea, followed by your return to the Philippines.

This allows for more battles to be included, makes the campaigns less eclectic so you aren't jumping around all over the place, and having either mostly land OR naval focused campaigns makes investment in a large navy less of a mistake. As it is, I find that in the existing Pacific campaigns buying ships in the latter half is usually a mistake because the land battles only get larger and your RPs are better spent on more land units, not ships that have increasingly few enemy ships to fight.

Other ideas:

1. Pure air campaigns. My thoughts go to the RAF vs the Luftwaffe over Europe for the entire war (so it could be quite a long campaign) and the USAAF/USN over Japan ( a much shorter campaign, admittedly).
2. East Africa campaign that leads into Burma Road
3. A British counterpart campaign to Sandstorm
4. Australia (I will not give up on this)
5. A Soviet Grand Campaign
6. Korean War
Narwhal
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Narwhal »

In addition to the French campaign I proposed above (and ignored :) ) I think it can be expanded beyond WWII on several wars that are NOT static :

-Russian Civil War (Southern White campaign, Siberian White campaign, and Red Mega campaign)
- Vietnamese War (esp. as Vietnamese, where you beat first the Japanese, then the French + Loyalists, then the US + South VN, and finally Chinese + Cambodge)
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

calmhatchery wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:26 am You see, I love this game that's way Im still looking something :), I do not compare Anschluss of Austria to invasion on French Indochina :) hahah....I mean only one scenario in Japanese campaign :)
what about " ICHI GO" offensive in 1944 it was great Japenese BLitzkrieg in China it could be one of the last scenario in this campaign...
have you seen this photo? great...
(of course this isn't an illustration for the "Ichi-go" offensive :wink: )
Attachments
jap soldiers march in Manchuria 1934.jpg
jap soldiers march in Manchuria 1934.jpg (517.67 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
Narwhal

Post by Narwhal »

By the way Calmhatchery, you used the wrong flag in your map for Italy. Ww2 flag had the house of Savoy coat of arm in the middle.
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

Narwhal wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:43 am By the way Calmhatchery, you used the wrong flag in your map for Italy. Ww2 flag had the house of Savoy coat of arm in the middle.
Yes I know that :), but this is only IDEA MAP, of course you have right..
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

kondi754 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:11 am
calmhatchery wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:26 am You see, I love this game that's way Im still looking something :), I do not compare Anschluss of Austria to invasion on French Indochina :) hahah....I mean only one scenario in Japanese campaign :)
what about " ICHI GO" offensive in 1944 it was great Japenese BLitzkrieg in China it could be one of the last scenario in this campaign...
have you seen this photo? great...
(of course this isn't an illustration for the "Ichi-go" offensive :wink: )
amazing photo!!! thanks!!!
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

I’d like also an Italian late campaign that start with operation Husky, defence of sicily, and after that player can choice between stay with axis and defend italian peninsula by Allied invasion from Salerno to Gothic line (RSI) or sign alliance with Allied and help them till from Salerno to Gothic line and liberation of north of Italy. If choice RSI player can use italian late and also german equipement, if choice Allied can use their equipement...
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Obviously player could export core from sandstorm
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

@all: Guys, are you already finished with the last DLC? If yes, please post your feedback and any bugs you have encountered. Thanks.
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

Andy2012 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:40 pm @all: Guys, are you already finished with the last DLC? If yes, please post your feedback and any bugs you have encountered. Thanks.
Hey Andy. easy :) I and most of the users still testing the ENDSIEG :) ....and looking the bugs...
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

I actually don't like being told to bug-test and report. Reporting problems is up to the customer's discretion who paid for the product, and not something s/he should be expected to do, let alone even encouraged completely out of the blue to do by a moderator in a perfectly reasonable discussion topic like this one.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

13obo wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:39 pm I actually don't like being told to bug-test and report. Reporting problems is up to the customer's discretion who paid for the product, and not something s/he should be expected to do, let alone even encouraged completely out of the blue to do by a moderator in a perfectly reasonable discussion topic like this one.
Easy. I just thought I was lagging behind and everybody on this thread was finished already and looking to the future...
Nobody is obligated to do anything, just play the game. :D
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

I am quite easy and know that you meant well. However I highlighted this, because your interferance seems to have killed the discussion. You have accepted the mantle of moderator and as moderator you should behave. It is one of the burdens of authority!
Last edited by 13obo on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Narwhal

Post by Narwhal »

I haven't played EndSieg and I don't plan to play it. I played too much "Germany invades the world" (all the Panzer General up to PG3D, Panzer Corps, Panzer Tactics HD, Strategic Command, Decisive Campaigns, Unity of Command, + the various mobile games - I am all done with the Eastern Front). I only played Blitzkrieg for the rarer campaigns of Poland / Norway / France.

Now, give me the Hungarian or Romanian army and I will drive until Mosc... Sebastopol !
Admiral_Horthy
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

LOL you will get it soon)

Return to “Order of Battle Series”