New Difficulty Level for Grand Campaign

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Finished Voronezh questions?

Post by goose_2 »

Ok Quick update. I just finished Voronezh today and will wait to start Novoanninsky until I hear back from you guys on some decisions I am pondering going into Novoanninsky.

So here goes:
1) 1st My 3rd SE Pz3H was awarded it's 2nd star, finally, that was a hard fought star, but it is mine. I was thinking for the past few scenarios that I would upgrade him to a Pz3N as I did that for my 2nd SE Pz3 and it still has 12 Str and is doing well as a soft target shredder. Knowing Stalingrad is coming up that is what I see my Pz3's focusing on as their limited in their Hard hitting against KV's and T-34/41's. But watching Idlecleese's great playthroughs on the web I see he updated all of his 3's to L's and Novoanninsky is a heavy tank battle as opposed to what Voronezh was. Thoughts about L versus N, would be greatly appreciated?

2) 2nd neither my PzIB nor my 1st SE Pz3J/1 were awarded their 3rd star. They are so super close that I will wait to update 1st Pz3J/1 to a Pz3L because he has +1 Movement and +1 Initiative that with 3 stars should make him a capable unit to stand against the stronger Russian tanks. But the PzIB is frustratingly difficult to get him to that 3rd star, he has 293 or 294 in experience, but I am unsure if I should take him into Novoanninsky based on the Heavy Tank's in that battle, but I feel this will be my last time I will be able to try and build him up to that 3rd star before I get into the tough battles of Illovlya and all the Stalingrad Battles, maybe I should try him in the Buzinovka scenario? Thoughts?

3) My +1 Movement Gebirgsjaeger was awarded with a 2nd Hero and a 3rd Star. That 2nd Hero is Initiative Hero. Any thoughts on what I should do with him before Stalingrad? Keep him a Gebirgsjaeger or upgrade him to something better? Thoughts?

4) I received my 3rd KV-1B in Voronezh. I was thinking of keeping him until I see what hero my 2nd KV-1B receives, and then sell him if I get a great one or use him instead of the 2nd KV-1B if I get a +1 Att or +1 Def 1st Hero. Thoughts? I do not think I will be using any other tanks received as I need a lot more prestige and they are not worth trying to build up on this super difficult level.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and providing feedback.
Blessings on your Advent Season :D
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: New Difficulty Level for Grand Campaign

Post by hurly »

4) I received my 3rd KV-1B in Voronezh. I was thinking of keeping him until I see what hero my 2nd KV-1B receives, and then sell him if I get a great one or use him instead of the 2nd KV-1B if I get a +1 Att or +1 Def 1st Hero. Thoughts? I do not think I will be using any other tanks received as I need a lot more prestige and they are not worth trying to build up on this super difficult level.

I Never tried to Play in such a masochistic Difficulty Level, so I may have missed a Point here ?

But what exactly is difference in Prestige Costs in building up a KV 1 and at some Point of your Journey Upgrade it out of Family to a Tiger, Tiger 2 or a Panther ?
Compared to the Panzer 3 and Panzer 4 arc and then upgrading it out of Family to the same Heavy Expensive Units.

I like the KV1 B or C a lot (the A Model Not so much) as they are reliable vs Tanks, Good vs Infantry (probably better then Panzer 3 or 4) and they have that 11 Ammo trait, which makes me Not only use it regularly, but up to Fieldmarshall makes me Keep them when These Endless Hordes of Russian Infantry are coming.

Well effective Til late 44, and while 45 is sometimes a Bit Difficult (so they sit more often), they gain a lot of leverage in the Berlin city Scenarios defending a Bridge with their 11 Ammo blessing. Certainly Not a Unit to Go Into the Open and Fight a Stalin 2 or similar heavy hitters anymore But by then it is only a matter of surviving anyway and less Need to reload is a Major asset
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

hurly wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:01 pm

I Never tried to Play in such a masochistic Difficulty Level, so I may have missed a Point here ?

But what exactly is difference in Prestige Costs in building up a KV 1 and at some Point of your Journey Upgrade it out of Family to a Tiger, Tiger 2 or a Panther ?
Compared to the Panzer 3 and Panzer 4 arc and then upgrading it out of Family to the same Heavy Expensive Units.

I like the KV1 B or C a lot (the A Model Not so much) as they are reliable vs Tanks, Good vs Infantry (probably better then Panzer 3 or 4) and they have that 11 Ammo trait, which makes me Not only use it regularly, but up to Fieldmarshall makes me Keep them when These Endless Hordes of Russian Infantry are coming.

Well effective Til late 44, and while 45 is sometimes a Bit Difficult (so they sit more often), they gain a lot of leverage in the Berlin city Scenarios defending a Bridge with their 11 Ammo blessing. Certainly Not a Unit to Go Into the Open and Fight a Stalin 2 or similar heavy hitters anymore But by then it is only a matter of surviving anyway and less Need to reload is a Major asset
I agree with everything you layout here Hurly, here is my thinking with this particular point on my post.
I have 11 tanks I am working on.
5 SE Tanks
PzIB, at least until I get that 3rd Star then he will wait until that Tiger upgrade
2 Pz4G's both with 2 stars and 2 heroes (These guys are great and something I use sparingly as I do not want them to dominate the battlefield and want to build up other units.
2 KV-1B's 1 with 2 stars and a +1 Movement Hero the other with 1 star and getting close to 1st Hero
1 Flammpanzer Heinz Rondorf that is a soft units shredder with 2 stars (Love that Flamm)

This means that my +2 Def Somua is something I am keeping around just to either sell off later or to use when I get really desperate, and my other 3rd KV-1B that I do not see an advantage to building up unless the 1st Hero for that 2nd KV-1B is lousy.

I do not need more tanks so at this "Masochistic" level (Love that) I see using the remainder of my tanks earned by seizing territory as cash that needs to be sold off.
Do you disagree?
goose_2

goose_2

Started Novoanninsky. 1 question about game mechanics.

Post by goose_2 »

goose_2 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:50 pm Ok Quick update. I just finished Voronezh today and will wait to start Novoanninsky until I hear back from you guys on some decisions I am pondering going into Novoanninsky.

So here goes:
1) 1st My 3rd SE Pz3H was awarded it's 2nd star, finally, that was a hard fought star, but it is mine. I was thinking for the past few scenarios that I would upgrade him to a Pz3N as I did that for my 2nd SE Pz3 and it still has 12 Str and is doing well as a soft target shredder. Knowing Stalingrad is coming up that is what I see my Pz3's focusing on as their limited in their Hard hitting against KV's and T-34/41's. But watching Idlecleese's great playthroughs on the web I see he updated all of his 3's to L's and Novoanninsky is a heavy tank battle as opposed to what Voronezh was. Thoughts about L versus N, would be greatly appreciated?

2) 2nd neither my PzIB nor my 1st SE Pz3J/1 were awarded their 3rd star. They are so super close that I will wait to update 1st Pz3J/1 to a Pz3L because he has +1 Movement and +1 Initiative that with 3 stars should make him a capable unit to stand against the stronger Russian tanks. But the PzIB is frustratingly difficult to get him to that 3rd star, he has 293 or 294 in experience, but I am unsure if I should take him into Novoanninsky based on the Heavy Tank's in that battle, but I feel this will be my last time I will be able to try and build him up to that 3rd star before I get into the tough battles of Illovlya and all the Stalingrad Battles, maybe I should try him in the Buzinovka scenario? Thoughts?

3) My +1 Movement Gebirgsjaeger was awarded with a 2nd Hero and a 3rd Star. That 2nd Hero is Initiative Hero. Any thoughts on what I should do with him before Stalingrad? Keep him a Gebirgsjaeger or upgrade him to something better? Thoughts?

I had some extra time this morning, before work, and I made my decisions, laid out my forces, and played that crucial 1st day, and I have to say I am extremely pleased so far with what has happened.

1) My 3rd SE Pz3H upgrade choice ended up being to a Pz3L based on some discussion with some of you guys and comparing the 2 different models I decided having a better hitting Tank against tank was the better option, especially for the Novoanninsky battle.

2) In looking at the way Idlecleese's and deducter's battle went on youtube, I decided to deploy not only my Pz1B, but also 2 of my recons, I think I may have sweated this mission more than is necessary, as I feel my strategy will limit the exposure of these vulnerable units.

3) I have left the +1 Movement/+1 Initiative Gebirgsjaeger as is for now as he has 3 Stars and 2 Heroes, so saving for Stalingrad. So, I am considering changing him to a Fallschimjaeger to pull off some amazing stuff that I watched huckc pull off, I am not sure I can be as ambitious as he was, that was brilliant, but in my mind would have to pull off some perfect moves to garner those kind of results, and I am positive that I do not have that kind of perfection in me. :oops:

4) KV-1B is as is until I get hero for 2nd KV-1B, hoping for it in current battle.

This leads me to my new question about game mechanics and if anyone knows please respond.

Ok, my debate on whether or not to update 3rd SE Pz3H to an N or an L stemmed from the idea that I had a +2 Def hero, so my thinking was that with a +2 Def hero that gives my SE Pz3N a close defense of 6 which matches the Flammpanzer.
My 2nd SE Pz3 is an N with +2 Def 1st Hero.

* Does the +2 Defense bonus count for Close Defense or not?

Thanks for letting me know, as I am relly hoping to use that guy along with my Flammpanzer Heinz Rondorf to wreak havoc in all the fun/pain of Stalingrad.
goose_2

goose_2

Started Novoanninsky. 1 question about game mechanics.

Post by goose_2 »

goose_2 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:50 pm Ok Quick update. I just finished Voronezh today and will wait to start Novoanninsky until I hear back from you guys on some decisions I am pondering going into Novoanninsky.

So here goes:

I had some extra time this morning, before work, and I made my decisions, laid out my forces, and played that crucial 1st day, and I have to say I am extremely pleased so far with what has happened.

1) My 3rd SE Pz3H upgrade choice ended up being to a Pz3L based on some discussion with some of you guys and comparing the 2 different models I decided having a better hitting Tank against tank was the better option, especially for the Novoanninsky battle.

2) In looking at the way Idlecleese's and deducter's battle went on youtube, I decided to deploy not only my Pz1B, but also 2 of my recons, I think I may have sweated this mission more than is necessary, as I feel my strategy will limit the exposure of these vulnerable units.

3) I have left the +1 Movement/+1 Initiative Gebirgsjaeger as is for now as he has 3 Stars and 2 Heroes, so saving for Stalingrad. So, I am considering changing him to a Fallschimjaeger to pull off some amazing stuff that I watched huckc pull off, I am not sure I can be as ambitious as he was, that was brilliant, but in my mind would have to pull off some perfect moves to garner those kind of results, and I am positive that I do not have that kind of perfection in me. :oops:

4) KV-1B is as is until I get hero for 2nd KV-1B, hoping for it in current battle.

This leads me to my new question about game mechanics and if anyone knows please respond.

Ok, my debate on whether or not to update 3rd SE Pz3H to an N or an L stemmed from the idea that I had a +2 Def hero, so my thinking was that with a +2 Def hero that gives my SE Pz3N a close defense of 6 which matches the Flammpanzer.
My 2nd SE Pz3 is an N with +2 Def 1st Hero.

* Does the +2 Defense bonus count for Close Defense or not?

Thanks for letting me know, as I am relly hoping to use that guy along with my Flammpanzer Heinz Rondorf to wreak havoc in all the fun/pain of Stalingrad.
goose_2

turn4441
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by turn4441 »

Yes, it does, see the image below showing a Panzer IVG (named Reward) attacking infantry in hills resulting in using the close defense value. The tank has a +3 Defense hero which is added to the close defense value giving it a defensive value of 5 instead of it's normal close defense value of 2. Note however, that it does not get to use it's experience bonus toward defense as it does attack/initiative. It would also get to use the experience bonus if it was an infantry unit. However, it does get to use both experience and hero modifiers added to it's normal ground defense value during the non-adjacent artillery defensive fire.

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

turn4441 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:18 pm Yes, it does, see the image below showing a Panzer IVG (named Reward) attacking infantry in hills resulting in using the close defense value. The tank has a +3 Defense hero which is added to the close defense value giving it a defensive value of 5 instead of it's normal close defense value of 2. Note however, that it does not get to use it's experience bonus toward defense as it does attack/initiative. It would also get to use the experience bonus if it was an infantry unit. However, it does get to use both experience and hero modifiers added to it's normal ground defense value during the non-adjacent artillery defensive fire.

Quick Update

Thanks for the super quick response.

This is good to know.

So I am halfway through this awesome battle and things are going super well.

I did this overwhelming surround maneuver and overwhelmed all forces in and around Novoannisky...The 2nd wave has come up but was reluctant to attack based on the defense that was set up to confront them so now I am dismantling it readily. I should finish this successfully this weekend and then it will be preparation for Illovlya which will not be pretty. No weak units can be brought in that battle, my 1st SE Pz3J/1 has finally reached it's 3rd Star, man that is hard fought.

Still trying to get that 3rd Star on PzIB, but those last few experience points are taking longer than the first 80, not sure why, but the plan is to try again in Buzinovka Depot if unable to get it in Novoanninsky. Once I reach that 3rd Star the plan is to save 1 unit back in Tatsinskaya and Kotelnikova to upgrade immediately to a Tiger tank as soon as am able.

I may even take time to start Goldap this weekend as I am missing playing my Uber Manstein crew, I am not sure, maybe try 2nd winning map for Guderien, as I finished Liege last weekend. I was surprised at how easily I was able to handle that map with 5 less rounds, but I still lost 2 units due to my aggression, but that is what happens when playing blind. ;)
goose_2

goose_2

Voronezh done

Post by goose_2 »

Quick Update:

Busted through Voronezh rather easily this weekend, and even tried Ilovlya, but am having trouble with Turns 8 and 9, as I am trying to destroy trains without triggering the T-34/43 massive counter attack, and it is not working. I was awarded an awesome +1 Movement hero for my Nebelwerfer, but I think I will need to go back and replay because I saved the game right after this award, and have tried several different arrangements to prepare for the counter attack from the T-34/43's but am unable to handle their tremendous push.

My units just do not intimidate those units since they have 4 extra strength points.

Not sure what I can do, as my airforce is also having difficulty since they have AA units in all the wrong for me right for them places.

So I am stepping back to reevaluate and will try to approach in the coming week/ weekend.
goose_2

huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Voronezh done

Post by huckc »

goose_2 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:48 pm Quick Update:

Busted through Voronezh rather easily this weekend, and even tried Ilovlya, but am having trouble with Turns 8 and 9, as I am trying to destroy trains without triggering the T-34/43 massive counter attack, and it is not working. I was awarded an awesome +1 Movement hero for my Nebelwerfer, but I think I will need to go back and replay because I saved the game right after this award, and have tried several different arrangements to prepare for the counter attack from the T-34/43's but am unable to handle their tremendous push.

My units just do not intimidate those units since they have 4 extra strength points.

Not sure what I can do, as my airforce is also having difficulty since they have AA units in all the wrong for me right for them places.

So I am stepping back to reevaluate and will try to approach in the coming week/ weekend.
I believe the trigger condition is the vision range of the conscripts in front. Guessing their AI is set to attack on moments of opportunity as well.

Recon movement might help by attacking the trains then backing out of trigger range to end the turn.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

goose_2 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:48 pm even tried Ilovlya, but am having trouble with Turns 8 and 9, as I am trying to destroy trains without triggering the T-34/43 massive counter attack, and it is not working.
The attack is triggered by having an axis unit in zone 1 during the allied turn.
Ilovlya.jpg
Ilovlya.jpg (141.14 KiB) Viewed 4114 times
Good luck not triggering the attack.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

dalfrede wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:52 am
goose_2 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:48 pm even tried Ilovlya, but am having trouble with Turns 8 and 9, as I am trying to destroy trains without triggering the T-34/43 massive counter attack, and it is not working.
The attack is triggered by having an axis unit in zone 1 during the allied turn.

Ilovlya.jpg

Great info how did you find this?
goose_2

PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

goose_2 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:04 am
dalfrede wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:52 am

Ilovlya.jpg

Great info how did you find this?
Probably he does this: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=88503
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

Getting the KV-1C is much more difficult, no enemy units can be sitting in zone 30. I'd trigger the counter-attack then fight them on the river, sneaking past some units to destroy the trains.
hurly

Post by hurly »

Looks like a Job and a real Challenge for your Fallschirmjaegers ;p

Three dropped in the Bottom 3 Hexes should be Good enough for the Armoured Train. Clearing the Hex for the Kv1c is Not a Big deal. Surviving is another story :oops: We definitely Need Helis for Hot Swap In n'Out jobs.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

I went back to the point where I saved the game after getting awarded that +1 movement hero on my Nebelwerfer and reconfigured my layout a couple of more times and created a defensive posture that allowed me to survive that initial counter attack, and then I spent the next 35-40 minutes going through how to get through the next day to handle what I thought would be more units, but seems they are going nuts over me taking part of Ilovlya itself.

Their counter attack there is awfully painful, but I think I will survive this as I have a sunny day and an opportunity to rain death on their vulnerable units, just wish I could take out that final T-90 SPAAG, they are so super annoying.

Either way I will have to spend a lot of my prestige on recovering strength to many depleted units and hopefully take the next couple of days to wrap up Ilovlya, as this weekend I will be out of town with the inlaws celebrating Christmas, then come back and celebrate Christmas at home, so very limited game time.
goose_2

goose_2

Finished Ilovlya

Post by goose_2 »

Quick Update:

Stayed up late and woke up early to finish up this epic battle.
I suffered some more unexpected damage to their incredibly mobile forces being able to swing around and hitting vulnerable units, but no losses and overall extremely successful completion of this difficult battle.

Some highlights:
15cm Nebelwerfer was awarded a much appreciated +1 Movement hero, which means it is time to upgrade him to a 21cm Nebelwerfer.

2nd KV-1B was awarded a +2 Def Hero, this is a good hero, but that matches my Somua as they were awarded with a +2 Def Hero and have 1 Star. So, I am thinking maybe try to build up that 3rd KV-1B to try for an even better 1st Hero. What would you do?

That first Counter attack around the trains came at the same time as they moved up their counter attack around Ilovlya, which meant the attack took shape hard around Ilovlya on the following turn, but this worked out for me, as the troops around the trains were a lot more vulnerable than the group around Ilovlya, we were able to take out pieces out piecemeal and not allow them to recover and as such was able to take it all over and rack up some serious kills, and now have over 9000 prestige with a KV-1C and maybe a KV-1B ready to sell.

After Buzinovka I will have 2 M-4 Sherman's to sell, so I will go deep to win the incredibly difficult battle of Storming Stalingrad. I have already started researching Buzinovka Depot and am sure that my biggest problems will be the mobil AA and the 2 KV-5's, otherwise I think most of my units will be just fine fighting in that battle, I hope.

Since I was not able to get a Decisive Victory on Storming Stalingrad on Manstein so I plan on doing a lot of research and planning to pull it off at this insane level because I want a repeat of 41 where I achieved all Decisive Victory's. 43 not so much...44 um lucky to survive...45 will be impossible.
goose_2

Elkarlo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Elkarlo »

On col because I'm not a sadist.
Anyhow replaying as I ran out of money in 44 east. I finished the 40 campaign and had 16k. My first play though I only had 2k~ amazing how being a little disciplined goes. Used to elite reinforce all the time in battle. Now I only do it when absolutely necessary. I usually, if it's just one or two units, just sideline it for that battle.
I also stopped having one unit dog out and try to kill one unit. Finally going and made my units cooperate and take out units one at a time. I learned that too late in my last camp
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Elkarlo wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:30 pm On col because I'm not a sadist.
Anyhow replaying as I ran out of money in 44 east. I finished the 40 campaign and had 16k. My first play though I only had 2k~ amazing how being a little disciplined goes. Used to elite reinforce all the time in battle. Now I only do it when absolutely necessary. I usually, if it's just one or two units, just sideline it for that battle.
I also stopped having one unit dog out and try to kill one unit. Finally going and made my units cooperate and take out units one at a time. I learned that too late in my last camp
Agreed, with the idea that your 2nd time around will always be better informed and garnering wiser results on how to play, especially after you figure out how much prestige is needed to finish this enormous campaign.
That is how I am able to attempt such a sadistic game breaking level as I am attempting.

With that said, I did not realize how much prestige was needed the first time I played, and was way too liberal in my spending approach, and developed my prestige earning potential up to epid levels on my Manstein playthrough as I am ready to start 1945 with well over 100k in prestige and over 100 units with 145 heroes...that is where the idea for trying this insane level germinated
goose_2

goose_2

Buzinovka Depot started

Post by goose_2 »

Quick Update:

Started this extremely fun battle and needed to reload after Day 2 counter attack, Day 1 counter attack was awesome as 1 mobil AA hit Otto Kittel for -2 and another got ambushed by 1 of my infantry hunkered down in a depot guarded by artillery and the3rd missed my Uber Henkel. My other Henkel has not been as blessed as they were attacked by a plane and even though it was guarded by a fighter still took 5 damage. :?

Based on this battle being a little reprieve from the major obstacles normally faced in 42 based on the Allied units I have brought my 7.5 cm Pak, and my unheroed PanzerjaegerIB which is holding up pretty good despite it's limitations, I have to be close to a hero on both of them but unsure I will garner that 1st hero as the easy hits are all but done at this point, but will try.

But it was the Day 2 Counter attack that really drove home the point that KV-5's are nothing to take lightly especially with 4 extra strength points. So I redid my layout and still had the KV-5 attack my 2 Star 4th SE Pz4G guarded by a StuG3B and still did 4 damage.

This has led me to want to pick up the discussion in my Pz3 versus Pz4 thread...so stay tuned as I have to be in at work today but have literally almost nothing to do so I have time to type up stuff on this forum, including Illovlya. ;)
goose_2

goose_2

Finished Buzinovka Depot preparing for Stalingrad

Post by goose_2 »

Quick Update:

Finished Buzinovka Depot, rather easily actually once the Day 2 counter attack was properly prepared for, those KV-5's are really nasty at 4 extra strength points.

Some awesomeness in this battle was getting a +3 Def for my Panzerjaeger IB which I am now considering upgrading to a Nashorn when it becomes available, I have never used them in the Campaign as they are quite vulnerable, but their lower price point matched with the +3 Bonus defense I am considering to help keep my Softcap down and allow me a similar amount of punch. Thoughts?

+3 Att Regular Infantry was awarded a Knights Cross and a +2 Att 2nd Hero at the same time. 8)

My only other hero I remember being awarded was on my +2 Movement 88, as they were awarded a nice +1 Range hero, making this as much a mobile aa as it is a mobil AT. (It's effectiveness diminishes, but is a wonderfully triple heroed 3 starred beast, ready for action.

So now it is all about preparation for Stalingrad.
I will be able to bring 36 units plus my 5 SE Panzer's.
What to bring?
I see the unit composition for Deducter was: 39 units
8 tanks
9 artys
2 AT's
1 AA
7 Inf
2 recons
4 Fighters
3 Tac Bombers
2 Strat Bombers
He achieved the Decisive, but it was super close with a lot of damage to many of his units...so not going to follow..., but good to see someone successful at this difficult prestige.

I see Idlecleese did a Decisive much more handily on Rommel by Day 23 with 41 units in this kind of composition:
8 tanks
11 artys
11 Inf
1 recon
4 Fighters
1 Tac Bombers
5 Strat Bombers

Huckc's is the key as he took all objectives with 4 turns to spare despite playing on Manstein. (I am practically on Manstein with the enemy having 4 extra strength points, but my experience is not nearly as high with 25% experinece, and my prestige is anemic at the Deducter handicap of 25% prestige.
But his unit composition was:
12 tanks
9 artys
8 Inf
1 recon
5 Fighters
3 Tac Bombers
3 Strat Bombers

Here is what I am considering bringing but need some thoughts on my last 1 or 2 possible units:
In the air:
4 Fighters
2 Strat Bombers
4 Tac Bombers
2 AA's that can double as AT's.
8 Infantry, but maybe 1 more?
10 tanks
1 Recon
Now here is where I need the help.
9 arty's are for sure, but I am considering purchasing 1 or 2 Wurfrahmen for the need for effective mobil arty that shred soft targets.
I will only ever buy them regular replacements and intend to use them only as back up to protect and help in assault of soft targets, as they will never build up much in experience and will attract enemy attacks like crazy.

I could buy 1 for sure based on the unit composition laid out above or I could purchase 2 and leave one other unit behind.

I would really appreciate feedback and thoughts on what you think the best course of action would be.
Thanks you guys are the best.
goose_2

Return to “Panzer Corps”