Aggressors - v1.0.7. "Strategic command" available!

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Aggressors - v1.0.7. "Strategic command" available!

Post by pavelk »

Hello again, Aggressors!

It has been a while since the last update, but don't doubt that we are working as hard as before.
We have prepared a new update for you with many changes that were requested by you - players!

You can download the patch here.

The most important changes are:
  • Strategic Overview window was extended, and you can now choose between Map View and Table View. We received this request from a number of players, and I am sure you’ll appreciate the result.
  • We extended the Resource Usage window calculation panel. It is more detailed and the individual factors affecting the calculation are explained in detail.
  • Battle Result outcomes have been reviewed, and the calculation of outcomes such as "Draw", "Victory", etc. has been tweaked. Similarly, the General's advice has been reviewed.
  • AI has also been improved. Prepare for being even more pushed by AI, who will use its cavalry units better, upgrade its units, and wisely choose which units and where they will be recruited.
  • Food will no longer be always abundant. Bigger cities will consume more, and if you want to have a strong army with advanced units, these will be more affected during food crises. Plan ahead!
  • Many other small tweaks were made, especially in UI.

Here is the complete Changelog:

User Interface
  • Strategic Overview window has now two views: Map View and Table View.
  • Resource Usage Calculation Panel improved.
  • Recover, Heal and Heal Inside tooltips now inform about potential Loyalty and General Morale changes.
  • Battle Result outcome improved.
  • Improved "General's Advice".
  • Economic and Happiness graphs were improved.
  • Government and current Research labels in State window are clickable.
  • Tooltips in Map Item Type window specify how a map item can obtain a particular Improvement (in battle / training in ... / preset from the beginning).
  • Playback speed of History Replay window changed.
AI Player
  • Improved decision-making related to upgrading units.
  • Improved decision-making related to what units, where, and when they should be created.
  • Algorithm of using cavalry units improved.
Data
  • Food consumption of cities and advanced units tweaked.
  • Improvements for cavalry units changed.
Bugs
  • CTD in supply calculation fixed.
  • Strategy Review action's incorrect text in tooltip fixed.
  • Units not added to units loop issue fixed.
  • Some issues with Objectives fixed.
  • Couple of rare bugs causing CTDs fixed.
  • Many minor bugs fixed:)
Miscellaneous
  • Performance improved.
  • Some text changes.
Last edited by pavelk on Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Aggressors - version v1.0.7. "Strategic command" available!

Post by Morbio »

Pavel,

I'm pleased to see this and I look forward to see the effects.
Branty
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Branty »

Great work very appreciated
battlecow

Post by battlecow »

Thank you for the update. It is nice to see in the listview of the city, which one is free to build. Unfortunately, I still have to switch to the city to build something. Even worse, when I switch back with F4, most of the time my filters in the overview are gone. That's really annoying.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

hi battlecow,
the purpose of the new list view was not to move the "build" functionality to the list itself but to make it easier for players to see find what they are looking for.

The filters are reset if you go to the Strategic overview window and select another map item type to display. In that case the filters are reset. If you use it for cities (for example) only, it will stay as it was.
battlecow

Post by battlecow »

Hello Pavel,
the problem seems to be the autoselect feature of the units. When the selection window for a city improvement is closed, the game engine selects the next active unit. Now the Strategic overview window shows also the newly selected type of unit, i.e. a settler, a blacksmith or something else. I don't know how I can avoid this behaviour.

And there is a minor issue with the Resources usage window. When you have a lot of troops, and select the gold or food section, the calculation on the right side doesn't fit into the page. A scrollbar would be necessary to read the bottom lines.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Yes you are right with the autoselection.
Right now I can recommend only two things - either turn off the unit autoselection in Game settings->Player or use the Strategic window once you moved all your units already (or let them "wait" by using the wait action). Once the whole unit loop ends, this will no longer be a problem.
I am not sure how would I be able to "fix" it, because we still want to preselect particular map item type in Strategic window once it is selected (aka you have a warrior selected and once you go to Strategic overview it will select warrior map item type by default).

Yes, we already found the issue with the calculation panel, it is in our tracking system and it will be addressed! Thank you.
battlecow

Post by battlecow »

Thanks for the advice, but I tried this already at the end of my movement phase and even without the preselection. Sometimes it worked, sometimes the blacksmith was selected, I really don't know why. With v1.0.6 it seemed to work fine with the mapview, as long as I didn't klick another button then the improvement button.
Anyways, In my opinion it would be best, if we could 'build' improvements in the listview. It would be much faster and no need to 'fix' the preselection feature.
anguille
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Aggressors - v1.0.7. "Strategic command" available!

Post by anguille »

Do you know why the update is not being installed on GOG?
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Hello anguille,
it seems like it is on GoG, it is just missing the update note (per LeChuck)
anguille

Post by anguille »

I am not sure cos when i launch the game, i don't see a 1.0.7 version....

Edit: i made the verification / repair option and it updated the game. Don't why it didn't do it automatically. Thanks!
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Hello,
I am glad it is sorted out anguille.
Enjoy the new version:)
praetorreich36
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by praetorreich36 »

I was pleasantly surprised to find there was an update. Not to mention I am really enjoying this game.

Thanks for making a great game!
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Hello praetorreich36,
thank you we are happy to hear that you like the game:)
lordhoff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by lordhoff »

Hope this is the proper area for a bug report (v1.0.7). I've played the game quite a few times now and this is the only thing that comes up fairly often. When units are fully stacked, selecting one of the three doesn't always work. It becomes apparent when trying to offload a ship or for training. What this means is, if the unit you want to train/offload isn't on top, you can't do it. There is a workaround. One can move the two ships or units away from the stack then train/offload the remaining unit then move the others back. It doesn't happen every time but enough to be noticed. Hope this was helpful.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Hello lordhoff,
as far as I understand, you experience some problems when selecting units out of the stack, correct? Did you read this post and my answer below?
You can also switch to Alternative mouse control which will make the selection similar to other strategy games.
Let me know if you already knew about these options and they really dont work for you.
Pavel
lordhoff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by lordhoff »

Well, that isn't exactly what I meant although I understand where the poster was coming from. It's sometimes difficult to get the unit to hi-light if the unit stack is in a city and there is, say, a mine north of it. Once hi-lighted, it (the pointer) is often not in a location where double click brings up the individual stack plus single click does so in the right location so one is not sure which will happen. Often, pointing to the helmet or banner results in the city or the mine hi-lighting.

Now, in my case, the problem was AFTER the stack was separated into individual components. I could see every unit in the stack. It was just that, clicking on an individual unit (within the unit list) to select it to train it or debark it sometimes didn't work. The result when it didn't work was that the top one on the list was selected rather then the one desired. At most, it was probably 10% of the time but still noticeable.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

I think I understand now.
It is a bit inconsistent but it proved to be the lesser evil - when you click on the banner once and there is no unit behind the banner, it brings up the Unit selector window. If there is a unit behind the banner, it selects that unit (because otherwise it would be almost impossible to select a unit behind a banner).
If there is a unit behind the banner and you want to bring up the Unit selector window, just click on the banner twice.

If I still don't understand, please come to Discord. I am happy to discuss it on chat.
dejvid2
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by dejvid2 »

The Table View for the Strategic Overview window is excellent especially for getting an overview of your cities.

Thank you.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”