Unit Issues 7.1.4

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Sub deckgun

Post by Erik2 »

We often complain about sub's lack of hitting power.

Well, this British 8-strength S-class sub (on lend-lease to the Danes) managed to sink an unfortunate German 10-strength infantry seatransport with just one salvo from its deck-gun.
I have never seen a sub in OOB manage this with torpedoes.
Multiplayer game, so no saves.

Is this wad?
sub_surface_attack.jpg
sub_surface_attack.jpg (159.78 KiB) Viewed 2957 times
Added to bug db.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Re: Sub deckgun

Post by GabeKnight »

Erik2 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:21 pm Well, this British 8-strength S-class sub (on lend-lease to the Danes) managed to sink an unfortunate German 10-strength infantry seatransport with just one salvo from its deck-gun.
Was the German seatransport unit recently embarked? If so, I thought that the "Embarkation Vulnerability" bug was fixed?
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=88164
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 21#p757121
Erik2

Re: Unit Issues 7.1.4

Post by Erik2 »

Hard to say if the unit had embarked the same turn since this was a 1v3 multiplayer game.
But that would explain the result.
Erik2

Odd tool-tip message

Post by Erik2 »

The Swordfish did not perform a torpedo attack before landing on the carrier, so need for reloading.
The carrier have been at sea for several turns.
Note the message "Torpedoes can't be launched until the ship is deployed" and the typical data number '255'.
Multiplayer game, so no save.

Added to bug db.
255.jpg
255.jpg (109.49 KiB) Viewed 2922 times
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

I'm no units expert, therefore I'm not sure if it's really a bug and am asking here:

Should the Italian "Carro Armato M11/13/14/15" tanks belong to the same "series" in the units file - to be upgradable? Judging by the availibility and expiration dates, one would suspect so.
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

GabeKnight wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:41 pm Should the Italian "Carro Armato M11/13/14/15" tanks belong to the same "series" in the units file - to be upgradable? Judging by the availibility and expiration dates, one would suspect so.
Yes, they should be. When playing Sandstorm I was wondering why they are not, but since this is OoB after all, it was not such a surprise and I disregarded the matter as business as usual. :| In PzC they naturally are of the same series.

M13/40 was based on the M11/39 and retained its lower hull with some minor changes but the upper hull and turret were redesigned. In the later versions the changes were much smaller as can be seen in the pic.

GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

CoolDTA wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:32 pm Yes, they should be.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Added to the BugDB.
Erik2

Fighter CAP on top of ship

Post by Erik2 »

Fighters placed on the same location as a ship will not provide defensive fire against enemy bomber/torpedo planes.
This must be an oversight.
cap.jpg
cap.jpg (310.81 KiB) Viewed 2817 times

Also, not a bug, but an odd functionality.
AI torpedo planes like to strafe battleships with MGs after launching a torpedo attack. They should head back to the carrier/airbase and reload.
I would like this strafing functionality to be removed, it is quite unrealistic.

Added to bug db.
Attachments
SaveGames.zip
(71.71 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Navman2854
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Fighter CAP on top of ship

Post by Navman2854 »

Erik2 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:27 am Fighters placed on the same location as a ship will not provide defensive fire against enemy bomber/torpedo planes.
This must be an oversight.

cap.jpg

Also, not a bug, but an odd functionality.
AI torpedo planes like to strafe battleships with MGs after launching a torpedo attack. They should head back to the carrier/airbase and reload.
I would like this strafing functionality to be removed, it is quite unrealistic.

Added to bug db.
+1
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

GabeKnight wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:41 pm I'm no units expert, therefore I'm not sure if it's really a bug and am asking here:
Again a similar question regarding some of the Italian planes in Sandstorm. I know there aren't many of those units, but shouldn't at least the MC 200/202/205 dogfighters belong to the same "series" and be upgradable?
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

GabeKnight wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:52 am Again a similar question regarding some of the Italian planes in Sandstorm. I know there aren't many of those units, but shouldn't at least the MC 200/202/205 dogfighters belong to the same "series" and be upgradable?
Yes, you are correct, they should be of the same "series". I guess you're not surprised they are just that in PzC? ;)
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

CoolDTA wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:59 am Yes, you are correct, they should be of the same "series". I guess you're not surprised they are just that in PzC? ;)
I've actually never played the whole PanzerCorps series before, and I don't plan to either. The whole 2D graphics are quite the turn-off for me, TBH. :oops:

But it seems you all are using the units roster there as some kind of "Holy Bible" thing. I've seen another user posting some units infographics in the PzC2 thread.

So it's safe to assume, the info provided there is correct and I can depend on the accuracy of it? :?:

EDIT: Added to the BugDB (#4011)
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

GabeKnight wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:29 pm I've actually never played the whole PanzerCorps series before, and I don't plan to either. The whole 2D graphics are quite the turn-off for me, TBH. :oops:
Have to say I'm more than a bit surprised. :shock: Didn't thought you to be so picky with graphics. ;) For me almost anything goes as long as it works. After all, when you have started with something like Kampfgruppe, Panzer Corps' graphics are luxurious. :D

GabeKnight wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:29 pm But it seems you all are using the units roster there as some kind of "Holy Bible" thing. I've seen another user posting some units infographics in the PzC2 thread.

So it's safe to assume, the info provided there is correct and I can depend on the accuracy of it? :?:
Well, don't know about the others, but this doesn't apply to me. I only mentioned PzC, because it is a well known game and thus a good example. Besides, the evolution goes as PG -> PzC -> OoB, so it is imo somewhat confusing why something done properly in the earlier games is not so in OoB. A bit sloppy, wouldn't you agree?

Can't say if all info in PzC is accurate (I have only played each campaign once), but haven't noticed any major mistakes. Btw., those unit charts you linked to are very nice. :)
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

CoolDTA wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:44 pm Didn't thought you to be so picky with graphics. ;)
I didn't think so, too, but obviously I'm only human and not impervious to prejudice and superficialities. :wink:
It's not ideal, but yeah, the overall look has to "fit", otherwise I may not give the game a chance at all. I did not buy my 4K "monitor" for no reason! :lol:
CoolDTA wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:44 pm Besides, the evolution goes as PG -> PzC -> OoB, so it is imo somewhat confusing why something done properly in the earlier games is not so in OoB. A bit sloppy, wouldn't you agree?
I've formulated my opinion on this matter many times, so basically we're in accord here. But it seems that Slitherine may have noticed the same thing themselves. The BugDB is growing, which is a good thing as long as the bugs are being fixed. The bug finding and fixing process is more transparent now, with the devs and contributors giving both feedback. The access to the BugDB is limited at the moment, so you have to take my word on it, I guess (or apply yourself)

Anyway, I try to let the past be the past and keep looking forward. In my opinion, everyone who admits making mistakes and is trying to better oneself deserves a second chance, at least.
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

GabeKnight wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:49 am I did not buy my 4K "monitor" for no reason! :lol:
Well, that's a great argument if ever I heard one. :D
GabeKnight wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:49 am so you have to take my word on it, I guess
I always do. :)
GabeKnight wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:49 am Anyway, I try to let the past be the past and keep looking forward. In my opinion, everyone who admits making mistakes and is trying to better oneself deserves a second chance, at least.
Hear, hear.
Mojko
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Mojko »

British Typhoon mk. IB has strategic bomber attack animation.
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Mojko wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:13 am British Typhoon mk. IB has strategic bomber attack animation.
AFAI could see, this is fixed already with the coming v715 patch.
Erik2

Dutch DD Admiralen - no torpedo

Post by Erik2 »

The Dutch DD Admiralen has no torpedo attack abilities.
It did have 6 × 533 mm (21 in) torpedo tubes.

Added to bug db.
admiralen.jpg
admiralen.jpg (37.64 KiB) Viewed 2599 times
Erik2

Italian Cavalry expiration date

Post by Erik2 »

All 3 Italian Cavalry divisions were active until the surrender in 1943.

Added to bug db.
it cav.jpg
it cav.jpg (63.79 KiB) Viewed 2500 times
Erik2

[Unit-Request] Soviet units

Post by Erik2 »

I have added these unit requests to the bug db.

SMG infantry unit.
This is an iconic Soviet sub-machine unit with high fire-power suitable in dense terrain like suburban and dense forests. Slightly lesser stats than regular infantry in open terrain.

M3 Half-track lend-lease. Often assigned to Guards units. Important since the Soviets have no half-track transport.

T90 SPAAG. Self-propelled 90mm anti-air.

76.2mm M1942 AT. The Soviet lacks a proper medium AT unit.

85mm M1939 AT. This is a switched version of the 85mm M1939 AA

Hurricane Mk1 lend-lease air unit.

Edit: Forgot to add a Soviet Mountain infantry unit.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”