Quality of life fixes

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Mercutio
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Quality of life fixes

Post by Mercutio »

Overall I love the game, don't get me wrong. However there are things that I would like to see to make it better.

1) Option for colorblind mode or change the shade of the red in the upgrade/purchases screen. I cannot read the points needed for the units at all.

2) Please show the ending XP if using normal reinforcements so I don't have to do the math in my head.

3) If I can buy a new unit with a star, how come normal reinforcement doesn't come in on that level?

4) An option to see the city name on the map when a unit is in the city.

Thanks
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Quality of life fixes

Post by Erik2 »

3) This is up to the scenario designer.
4) I would like an option to display location names on the map wether the location has a flag or not. This option could be combined with displaying the name if a unit occupies the location. Give it a keyboard shortcut and players can turn it on/off in the game.
Duplex
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Duplex »

Yes, I completely agree on number 4. Imagine all the rivers and villages and landmarks I could start naming.
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

Thanks for the replies.
1) is a big one for me, but I realize I am in the minority with red on gray legibility.
2) is a nice to have. It is a little annoying that I think it will still be at that star level to see it dip 15 points below.
3) I figured it is WAD, it just doesn't make much sense. I can see you are rushing troops so they may not have been trained. Perhaps when you reinforce for the beginning of the scenario they are trained?
4) Glad to see others of the same opinion.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Mercutio wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:26 pm 3) I figured it is WAD, it just doesn't make much sense. I can see you are rushing troops so they may not have been trained. Perhaps when you reinforce for the beginning of the scenario they are trained?
Good point with 3) :lol: . And even if you would "rush in" troops to reinforce, they would have to come from the same training facility as any other infantry unit that has been bought recently, right?

4) +1
5) Expand the UI to display the units' torpedo attack value, torpedo reload time and plane fuel value.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”