EndSieg Market Garden Glitch

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

kverdon
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

EndSieg Market Garden Glitch

Post by kverdon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:58 am

Playing EndSiege and hit a glitch in the Market Garden scenario. The briefing says you are not allowed to deploy units to Eindoven or south of Son. Ok, fine, I placed my units to the north. On turn 1 however I attempted to cross the river to the south to bolster the defense and/or counterattack. As soon as I crossed the river I got a message that I was not allowed to deploy my units in those areas and <POOF> my unit was beamed back into the undeployed pool. ?????????? Ok, it said I could not deploy in Eindeoven or south of Son but why, and with what justification are my units getting beamed out? Bit of a immersion breaker there and a legitimate bug. Even if they are not supposed to roll south and I just have to have them sit on their butts for a turn or 2, they should not be beamed off the map.

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: EndSieg Market Garden Glitch

Post by bru888 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:11 am

Well, whatever the aesthetics and cosmetics, you can see that it's WAD - up to a point - if you follow this sequence:

Screenshot 5.jpg
Screenshot 5.jpg (221.45 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (214.3 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (198.88 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Screenshot 6.jpg
Screenshot 6.jpg (207.05 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Screenshot 3.jpg
Screenshot 3.jpg (229.96 KiB) Viewed 772 times

No core units in those areas until Turn 2. WAD, however . . .
- Bru

bru888

Post by bru888 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:17 am

As seen above, the Deployment Limits Lifted trigger says "It is now possible to deploy new reinforcements in Eindhoven, Helmond, and Son." However, it shuts off the Eindhoven and Helmond deployment restriction triggers but there is nothing for the Son deployment restriction trigger. It looks like that one was omitted:

Screenshot 3.jpg
Screenshot 3.jpg (193.75 KiB) Viewed 771 times
Screenshot 4.jpg
Screenshot 4.jpg (217.72 KiB) Viewed 771 times

So I have added this to the Current Bugs - Version 7.1.4 thread.
- Bru

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:33 am

kverdon wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:58 am
Playing EndSiege and hit a glitch in the Market Garden scenario. The briefing says you are not allowed to deploy units to Eindoven or south of Son. Ok, fine, I placed my units to the north. On turn 1 however I attempted to cross the river to the south to bolster the defense and/or counterattack. As soon as I crossed the river I got a message that I was not allowed to deploy my units in those areas and <POOF> my unit was beamed back into the undeployed pool. ?????????? Ok, it said I could not deploy in Eindeoven or south of Son but why, and with what justification are my units getting beamed out? Bit of a immersion breaker there and a legitimate bug. Even if they are not supposed to roll south and I just have to have them sit on their butts for a turn or 2, they should not be beamed off the map.
Thx for reporting - the restrictions on deployment itself are WAD. But there has to be a way to actually make this a real thing, so that the player actually has to follow those - otherwise they would be meaningless.

Earlier the scn had them as objectives, which were set immediately to "failed" when ignored. This was felt as too harsh, so now you get a message and your unit gets undeployed when you try to violate the restriction. As this is only intended to last until turn 2, I think it is acceptable.

As for the tech side of this, yes, Son not being included in the trigger is a problem that should be fixed. As a temporary way around this for now players should stay away from Son (so no core units near the flag). It's not ideal, but it should not be a problem to play that way until a fix is available.

Oetting
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Oetting » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:25 pm

Hi, there is another problem with this "problem"

Had a Jagtpanther (7 CP) moved in, message popup and the Unit removed.

OK, BUT i got only 5 CP back! So it is a bad Deal ;-)

Best regards.
Attachments
Antwerp_1.jpg
Antwerp_1.jpg (359.63 KiB) Viewed 544 times
Antwerp_2.jpg
Antwerp_2.jpg (286.17 KiB) Viewed 545 times

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:43 pm

Oetting wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:25 pm

OK, BUT i got only 5 CP back!
Jagdpanther only needs 5 CP (the Panther *tank* needs more) so this looks ok, and you should be able to deploy it again.

Oetting

Post by Oetting » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:54 pm

bebro wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:43 pm
Oetting wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:25 pm

OK, BUT i got only 5 CP back!
Jagdpanther only needs 5 CP (the Panther *tank* needs more) so this looks ok, and you should be able to deploy it again.
Mea Culpa!

I should watch more carefully.

Thank you!

bismark2010
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by bismark2010 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:42 pm

Also played Market Garden it says as a secondary objective that you should destroy 15 allied paratrooper units.It does not say how.Well I destroyed at least 5 with AA and 14 on the ground.Only the 14 on the ground counted.To me a destroyed Para on the ground our by AA should count towards the 15.Is this a flaw in the scenario design?
Michael Patterson

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:20 pm

If you shoot down the transport planes the game counts these as destroyed, not the parastroopers, so yes, the paras need to be on the ground, not in the planes.

We can make that more clear in the description for the objective.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”