What's New Since 4 Years Ago?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

PanzerTax
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

What's New Since 4 Years Ago?

Post by PanzerTax »

Hi all, Happy New Year!

I haven't played or looked at forum in about 4 years and I wondered where we were all at with updates and if there was a real change in 'feel' of the game?

I played Grand Campaign East two or three times and had a good shot at Allied Corps.

Thanks in advance for your responses!
Favourite Games Before Panzer Corps: Pacific General, People's General, Panzer General II... pure magic!
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: What's New Since 4 Years Ago?

Post by goose_2 »

Well since I just became involved with this game 4 years ago, I know of Sea Lion, Soviet Corps, and US Grand Campaign that came out since I have come aboard.

Not sure what kind of info you are looking for but this is the only game I play.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by hurly »

Well others might disagree but for me the 1.20 Patch was the most significant Change with the Invention of the Softcap and a few other Things.

IIRC it was Released in 2013

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43025
Changes

o Option to save and watch game replays
o Option to change difficulty between scenarios in a campaign
o The game now shows scenario name, difficulty and victory conditions in Messages window.
o Advanced options tab for new game. Custom difficulty settings (player/AI prestige/experience/strength modifiers, turn count modifier, AI level setting), Reform units option, Normal/limited/none randomness in combat option
o "Show All Nations" option in Purchase screen (to view and compare stats of units belonging to different nations)

• Gameplay

o Prestige soft cap
o Class-specific experience effects
o Forcing enemy units to surrender earns you prestige
o Overstrength is progressively more expensive with every point applied
o Initiative heroes are limited to +1 bonus
o Entrenchment gives 2x defense bonus against ranged attacks
o Close terrain now gives +4 defense bonus to ground units vs. fighter and tactical bomber attack
o Overstrength is lost after upgrade
o Replacements come suppressed
o Train transportation takes 2 turns instead of 3
o Old rules (as in 1.14) available via UI option on advanced options tab
I put the changes which affected my Style of Play in Gold

A few Words to that

Reform Units basically does Not affect my Gameplay a lot, as I seldomly use it. But having the Option to revive a valuable Unit I put Into Trouble with One of my many bonehead decision gives me lot of Peace of Mind

The biggest Impact in Gameplay is the Soft Cap vor me. It is Not to Easy to initially understand all the in's & out's of this Feature. But just simplified it means you most likely won't be able to Field 20+ Tiger 2 armies in 44 and 45

The other bolded changes make a change as well, but Not as much or the consequences are felt under the Softcap
A 15 strength Unit is Now exactly twice as costly then a Basic 10 strengther. No need to elaborate this will affect a Cap Limit significantly

Teh Prestige Earning From surrenders is something that eluded my Mind way to long and I'm still Not Good with it, but just Shirt it can generate a good amount of Bonus resources along your Path.

Overall i would rate 1.20 Patch as something that brings a lot of new Value for an older Game and Concept

Give it a try und i don't Think you will be disappointed as a Single Game Player -- at least it was that way for me

I don't Really like MP and Never tried it Til some Time ago courtesy of the Dude that posted alive :oops:
So I can't say anything about MP changes
PanzerTax
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by PanzerTax »

Hi guys thanks for that. My email notifications aren't coming through so I didn't notice replies straight away.

Yes, I think I've done at least a partial play through on 1.2 if not a lot more. I opened up PzCorps this morning for the first time in years, absolutely love the format and the scenarios, but I know if I did it all again, once I get to 40 scenarios or so into the grand campaign its a bit too gamey to enjoy anymore and not such an adventure. But would definately do Soviet Corps if I had the chance!

Thanks
Favourite Games Before Panzer Corps: Pacific General, People's General, Panzer General II... pure magic!
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Have you tried some of the bigger mods yet, some might be less "gamey" and more adventurous actually?
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
PanzerTax
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by PanzerTax »

Hi Pete thanks for that, I should look into it. I've never played a PanzerCorps mod but I had the time of my life playing through modded Pacific General and some others.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

PanzerTax wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:10 pm Hi Pete thanks for that, I should look into it. I've never played a PanzerCorps mod but I had the time of my life playing through modded Pacific General and some others.
Well then... although for some it might not come as a surprise... here is my favorite suggestion for you:
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481

Return to “Panzer Corps”