LOV REDUX... LoV Enhanced Edition with customized GUI

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Soldberg
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: LOV REDUX... ready and online!

Post by Soldberg »

Hello Bruno ...

I'm sorry that didn't work my idea. Well ... "Heroes" were not my construction site ... To our defense, I can write: When we started to develop LoV, was currently the version 1.05. In this there was no file "heroes.pzdat", this came - I have checked - with version 1.11 at the earliest in the game or in the folder "Data" ... Yes, adoptions and adjustments of original files were - unfortunately - not made in full at this time when these came into the game. The file "heroes.pzdat" was never incorporated into the mod. However, it was not necessary, as we only added individual heroes to the missions via trigger and script.

I have decided very late to move the folder and files of the mod into the path Expansion2 / pc / ... - I promised myself thereby for the mod user some advantages. But I could not (after the move) check all the details. So it's possible that I've unknowingly destroyed the Heroes feature of LoV ...

But I was very happy that supported us cw 58 - THANKS! - and that you have found a working solution. (Yes, it is annoying that Marine heroes from previous missions have no image, but unfortunately this state is no longer reversible because the (former) image-hero attribution is eternally written in the savegame.)

Greetings from the German Baltic Sea coast,
Arne
nono hard et heavy
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by nono hard et heavy »

Soldberg wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:53 pm Hello Bruno ...

I'm sorry that didn't work my idea. Well ... "Heroes" were not my construction site ... To our defense, I can write: When we started to develop LoV, was currently the version 1.05. In this there was no file "heroes.pzdat", this came - I have checked - with version 1.11 at the earliest in the game or in the folder "Data" ... Yes, adoptions and adjustments of original files were - unfortunately - not made in full at this time when these came into the game. The file "heroes.pzdat" was never incorporated into the mod. However, it was not necessary, as we only added individual heroes to the missions via trigger and script.

I have decided very late to move the folder and files of the mod into the path Expansion2 / pc / ... - I promised myself thereby for the mod user some advantages. But I could not (after the move) check all the details. So it's possible that I've unknowingly destroyed the Heroes feature of LoV ...

But I was very happy that supported us cw 58 - THANKS! - and that you have found a working solution. (Yes, it is annoying that Marine heroes from previous missions have no image, but unfortunately this state is no longer reversible because the (former) image-hero attribution is eternally written in the savegame.)

Greetings from the German Baltic Sea coast,
Arne
Hello Arne. It's not important but now I know how to put new heros of the Kriegsmarine. Maybe if I restart a new game in the futur...I also know that other moders have added heroes in the following branches: flak, panzers, afrika and reco (mod more heroes). Greetings from the Mediterranean coast (near Perpignan) if you know it. The weather is better and warmer than near the Baltic Sea coast :D :D
David Hansen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by David Hansen »

I am just starting to play REDUX. In the original version of LOV... Fall Weiss had a 38 core start...REDUX's core is 17. Also, no prestige per turn in REDUX vs. ORIGINAL?

Are the number of units in play for both sides significantly reduced in REDUX?

I've not read thru all the postings of REDUX...so with this major difference in core size...is there a posting that describes the major differences between the two versions (not concerned with UI/graphics)?

TXS
Soldberg

Post by Soldberg »

Hello davidhansen

Core units: there are no comments in the previous posts.

There were made "small" adjustments to the scenarios to make the game not too easy. Compared (Scenario:Fall Weiss)...

LoV Classic

Axis
  • Initial prestige Start: 0
  • Prestige per turn: 30
  • Core Slots: 38
  • Aux Slots: 0
  • Unit EXP: 0
  • Max EXP: 120
  • Max overstr: 5
  • Max SE: 3

Allies
  • Initial prestige Start: 300
  • Prestige per turn: 80
  • Core Slots: 50
  • Aux Slots: 3
  • Max EXP: 150

LoV Redux

Axis
  • Initial prestige Start: 0
  • Prestige per turn: 0
  • Core Slots: 17
  • Aux Slots: 0
  • Max EXP: 120
  • Max SE: 0

Allies
  • Initial prestige Start: 300
  • Prestige per turn: 80
  • Core Slots: 17
  • Aux Slots: 3
  • Max EXP: 150
Such changes were made only at the beginning. Later scenarios have similar to identical settings. It has not been reduced in all scenarios the units in general.
David Hansen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by David Hansen »

Thanks Soldberg!

Great looking mod...the U/I...units...terrain... are all very a nice upgrade!

I finished the original LOV a while back...and enjoyed the mod immensely. Glad that a lot of the non-graphical elements were not changed...the original was long...challenging and immensely satisfying.

Thanks for your work in upgrading this mod.
Soldberg

Post by Soldberg »

ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello everyone ... I'm preparing the next update and would like to show you what changes it brings ...

Apparently there are always misunderstandings about the relationship between Canada and Germany in the final scenario (Seattle), because it is forgotten that Canada has negotiated an armistice almost at the beginning of the Americas campaign. Nikivdd - the creator of the scenarios - wrote that Canada is now a puppet state of Germany ...

To clarify this also visually, I have put a note in the briefing of Seattle...
seattle_briefing.jpg
seattle_briefing.jpg (94.83 KiB) Viewed 5455 times

and replaced on the map the original Canadian flag with a new flag ...
seattle_ingame.jpg
seattle_ingame.jpg (505.52 KiB) Viewed 5455 times

The Canadian Empire is a demilitarized zone, so it does not carry units ... However, it is possible for Canadians to set up some militias. But, these are not suitable in the fight against the Americans. They correspond technically to the German Volkssturm.
seattle_purchase.jpg
seattle_purchase.jpg (428.92 KiB) Viewed 5455 times
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

I've just about finished Fall Red, and it's really good, though quite a tough challenge even at the level between Colonel and General and with a pair of move-hero 88s that have been very useful.

One thing I noticed was that my tanks took a lot of damage from AT guns even when the tanks were backed by 2 artillery. Do LoV AT guns have Range 1 rather than Range 0?
nono hard et heavy

captainjack wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:07 pm I've just about finished Fall Red, and it's really good, though quite a tough challenge even at the level between Colonel and General and with a pair of move-hero 88s that have been very useful.

One thing I noticed was that my tanks took a lot of damage from AT guns even when the tanks were backed by 2 artillery. Do LoV AT guns have Range 1 rather than Range 0?
Hello Captain Jack. Yes, towed anti-tank have a range of 1, unlike self-propelled anti-tank. I invite you to consult the equipment file in Panzer Corps / Expansion2 / pc / Data for more information. Sincerely. Bruno.
captainjack

Post by captainjack »

nono hard et heavy wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:19 am consult the equipment file in Panzer Corps / Expansion2 / pc / Data for more information
Captainjack smacks forehead with hand thinking "But of course I knew that!"

Thanks nono for reminding me.
Soldberg

Post by Soldberg »

Good evening...
From now on you can download version 1.2!

Complete package (~123 MB): LOV-REDUX_1.2_2019-01-30.zip

Update (1.55 MB): LOV-REDUX_1.2_UPDATE_2019-01-30.zip

Decensor (~340 kB): LOV-REDUX_1.2_DECENSOR_2019-01-30.zip

Changelog:
- Nation 51: Newfoundland replaced by "Canadian Reich" (fictional puppet state of the German Reich)
- Seattle scenario adjusted
- Difficulty preferences "Manteuffel" revised
- The shift of the hero images in the unit info view has been corrected
- Marine Heroes added (Source: Phcas & Puma)
- Sturmpanzer II [AT] graphic exchanged and now available in a correct AT version
jeffoot77

Post by jeffoot77 »

many thanks !
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
nono hard et heavy

Well done Mr Soldberg.
Stormbringer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Stormbringer »

thankssss ^^
"Seul celui qui sait comment mourir sait comment vivre"
Nameless
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Nameless »

Soldberg

Do You plan to update more scenarios like You did with Fall Weiss? For instance add on all maps You great icon/markes (build airfield etc) reduce numers of core units and add more special/ one of a kind se unit? If yes maybe You can add a second special se unit - 30,5 cm moździerz oblężniczy vz. 11 Škoda (30,5 cm Mrs (t))

btw. Great mod!
Soldberg

Post by Soldberg »

Thank you for the flowers...

I am sorry, no... There will be corrections if necessary, perhaps also smaller improvements. But that "rebuilt" various scenarios, is not planned by the LoV development team (at least currently). However, you are free to make the necessary changes yourself.

Currently I'm working on a small project that inspired "nono hard et heavy". The goal should be to expand the number of heroes and the "fleet" of elite units.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Thank You for answer Soldberg. I dont know how to use PC editor so I have a small request. Could you add after mission "Promotion" and before mission "Suomussalmi", mission "Fall Weiss PLUS"? Mission "Fall Weiss PLUS" is just mission "Fall Weiss" without Legion Condor troops and two BB? Please ;).

Your new mod looks very interesting, especially "the "fleet" of elite units" . Keep Us posted. What is ETA of Your new mod?
Soldberg

Post by Soldberg »

Hello nameless,
Sorry to keep you waiting, but like always... You have the least time if you think you have time... To cut a long story short: I simply haven't yet had time to answer your contribution... and that should change now...

Perhaps I have already answered your first and last question... At the moment I have very little time. I am currently preparing for my final exam and can only breathe deeply again at the end of February ... Planned projects I will pause accordingly long or continue only minimally. For the same reasons I have to refuse your request for the time being.

I cannot yet announce an "ETA" at this time. However, I hope that it will be completed in the course of the coming month.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Thank You for answer Soldberg and may the force be with You on Your exams!
Stormbringer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Stormbringer »

Hello Solderg, it's possible to have more units in LoV like amulet mod or wehrmacht balance ?
"Seul celui qui sait comment mourir sait comment vivre"
Soldberg

Post by Soldberg »

Hello stormbringer,

i plan with "nono hard et heavy", with a separate mod or maybe even with the next update to add about 100 new units... The units will be, but "only" SS/SE units. Further units are not planned at the moment.

LoV Redux needs the units from its own e-File. Replacing the Redux e-File with another e-File will cause errors or even crashes. If you want to use e.g. Amulet or Wehrmacht Balance, you have to integrate corresponding entries from these e-Files into the e-File of Redux.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”