DPC Watchdog Violation

Tech Support
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

DPC Watchdog Violation

Post by airbornemongo101 »

The topic header says it all and it only happens with this game, until this started I'd never even heard of it, it happends randomly, but never fails to happen and it started happening recently, and no I've not added anything nor updated anything

I guess I was hasty in my thanks in the other thread. The game ran fine , after the latest patch until this happened, for awhile . I attempted to work this out on my own before starting this thread

I'm getting a BSOD and the above..it appears to happen when the music track switches, at least to me and if that is the issue then I'm screwed, because my sound card is no longer supported by Creative (SoundBlaster Recon 3Di), nor am I going to replace hardware just to run one game

I reinstalled and verified the game to many times to count after preforming the each of the below actions

I've run SFC repair and DISM as well as checked to make sure that ALL DRIVERS are updated as well as running a registry cleaner and I am running the game as admin, basically I've done everything I can on my end, without bothering you guys

As stated before I hope this can be resolved because this is a really great game, at least what I've been able to play
Attachments
Gladius.zip
(6.34 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
MsInfo.zip
(88.87 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
DxDiag.zip
(14.49 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Last edited by airbornemongo101 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
airbornemongo101

Re: DPC Watchdog Violation

More files for above post
Attachments
SinglePlayer.zip
(415.69 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Gladius.error.zip
(7.25 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

one i can't answer as if it is the driver, there's nothing i can suggest, so hope the developers can comment and see what's changed etc and get a work around,.

for me the net is full of issues with it being no longer supported and giving driver errors etc, one reason i ditched mine, different card as it was a AWE32, but same issue, but i was lucky, as mine wasn't integrated, so i just pulled mine out, you haven't got that choice, so all i could suggest is disable on the game and play with no sound and see if that even works, as some games will, some won't, and no the cost for a pure usb solution isn't worth it either

have you tried these drivers?

as your's say 2014 and these are 2015 and are the latest i can find?

Code: Select all

https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=d6nf4
give it a try as it's the only advice i can offer :cry:
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Hi Bob,

Nice to see you here in the forum again, although not for the best reasons.
BSOD's usually are caused by software and driver conflicts or bad RAM.
It's possible the problem is related with the sound drivers. Unfortunately I had myself to give up on using Creative sound cards (since 8 years ago), because of the same kind of issue you are reporting, BSOD.
Have you tried turning down to 0% the volume for Music and Cinematic? Do you have HRTF activated?
airbornemongo101

Hi Paulo,

Great to talk to you again , air defense brother and Elite Units skinner

I thought about turning down the music, but figured that the music tracks would still be playing anyway, I will try that

Yes I did try that headphone thingy..no joy

It's not the ram, before I made the thread, I did every check known to mankind on my rig

As for Creative, I thought about not using it, but Alienware doesn't use another brand and to be honest, this is the only game I've had a problem with

Maybe the devs will spot something that I can remedy

Zak thanks for the help and yeah I tried the drivers to try and solve the problem, thanks for the help

Paulo, as always great talking to you and be safe brother

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

airbornemongo101 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:26 pm I thought about turning down the music, but figured that the music tracks would still be playing anyway, I will try that
Probably you're right, but it worth a try.

airbornemongo101 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:26 pm As for Creative, I thought about not using it, but Alienware doesn't use another brand and to be honest, this is the only game I've had a problem with
Alienware (Dell), oh well...
Believe me, there are more games that will cause a similar issue.
Fortunately, on my case it was easy to fix the issue, just removed the sound card and used the onboard one.
No more Creative for me since then. Good sound cards, but the software...

That reminds me, do you have any Creative software running behind, I mean besides the drivers?
airbornemongo101

No nothing running by Creative

As a matter of fact Zak's suggestion was awesome, I went into device manager and it found a creative driver update from 2016.

I tried playing with sound on and got the watchdog violation

I'm testing the game now with the sounds turned off, up to turn 60 and no crash, so I'm cautiously optimistic

Dell used to be a great company that built great computers, but as with all companies they went lowest bidder and uber profit and thus down hill.

And I didn't know Dell owned Alienware until I bought this rig, they were keeping it quiet at the time , now everything is thru Dell. Back then sales and support were still Alienware's own. right after I bought it they did the switch to all Dell

I thought about building my own again, but last time I did that was a nightmare..so I went commercial, and been happy, until this I've had no problems nor complaints.

As for the sound card if I have more issues with more games I'll have to do something, but right now I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I'm not that big of a gamer and really only have about a dozen games and they are all strategy games

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
airbornemongo101

Well that didn't last long

Turn 63

Game just locked up crashed into the watchdog violation with all sound turned off

of course I'm just guessing about the sound driver problem, could be something entirely different

Hopefully the devs will have some idea

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
airbornemongo101

Just opted into he open steam beta, we shall see what happens

Thanks again Paulo..be safe bro

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
airbornemongo101

No joy...lockup turn 7

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Try to disable all background programs in case these are interfering with the normal running of the game.
You can do this by running msconfig and disabling all non-windows start-up programs and services (except Steam).
Then once you have disabled all non-Microsoft services (except Steam ones), run the game and see if the issue persists.
If it does not, then reopen msconfig and reenable those services, one by one, until you find the program causing the problem.

A tutorial on how to do this can be found below:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/23848
airbornemongo101

Well that works.

Still get a random lock up/crash every so often, but I can live with it

Sucks that I must do msconfig every time I wanna play Gladius, but in a perfect world...

Thx Zak and Paulo

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

airbornemongo101 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:17 pm Sucks that I must do msconfig every time I wanna play Gladius, but in a perfect world...
Why? Aren't you able to isolate what is causing the issue?
You can reenable those services and programs, one by one, until you find the program causing the problem. Admittedly, it's a pita job.
airbornemongo101

I just started doing that

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War: Tech Support”