What is going on with OOB?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

george35
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

What is going on with OOB?

Post by george35 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi

I updated to the latest version even though I have not bought Endseig, but plan to soon. I played Winter War right after the update and depsite winning the second scenario I received a Defeat message for no reason. I tried another campaign: Kreigsmarine, and all went well until the Norway scenario. Again, defeat for no reason in turn 22 (sorry cannot upload image).

I decided to uninstall OOB and reinstall as I thought the update may be corrupted. It too me two hours to do this as I could not properly connect to Matrix/Slitherine servers despite every other website working. I do not think that my system is the issue as everything works fine.

I reinstalled and played Kriegsmarine again after the reinstall but again a Defeat for no reason as defined by the scenario when one ship was destroted not 5 as required by the scenario. I cannot rectify the issue despite a reinstall.

GabeKnight
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: What is going on with OOB?

Post by GabeKnight » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:15 pm

george35 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:17 pm
I played Winter War right after the update and depsite winning the second scenario I received a Defeat message for no reason. I tried another campaign: Kreigsmarine, and all went well until the Norway scenario. Again, defeat for no reason in turn 22 (sorry cannot upload image).
The Kriegsmarine/Narvik issue's known and will be fixed with the next patch.

But, could you elaborate a bit more what happened during the WinterWar campaign? You won the second scen and got a defeat message in the campaign screen?

terminator
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by terminator » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:49 am

Are you sure you installed the latest version 7.1.4 ?

uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:26 am

george35 wrote:
I played Winter War right after the update and depsite winning the second scenario I received a Defeat message for no reason.
Cannot confirm. I just played the first two scenarios of Winter War and got Victory in the second scenario. Take how victory condition is not only to capture the last town but to clear an area around it by destroying all enemy units in radius of 3 hexes. If this is not what happened it could be a cause of Defeat.

GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:17 pm

uran21 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:26 am
george35 wrote:
I played Winter War right after the update and depsite winning the second scenario I received a Defeat message for no reason.
Cannot confirm. I just played the first two scenarios of Winter War and got Victory in the second scenario. Take how victory condition is not only to capture the last town but to clear an area around it by destroying all enemy units in radius of 3 hexes. If this is not what happened it could be a cause of Defeat.
Me neither. Tested some variations, all ended up good. Even waited until the last turn in one of the runs. WinterWar's definitely one of my favourite campaigns. :D
We'll have to wait what George has to say, I guess.

Screenshot 882.jpg
Screenshot 882.jpg (825.04 KiB) Viewed 1008 times
Screenshot 884.jpg
Screenshot 884.jpg (722.5 KiB) Viewed 1008 times

george35

Post by george35 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:04 am

Sorry it has taken me a while to reply.

In Winter War perhaps there was a Soviet unit near the city. I will replay.

With Narvik if the issue is known then how can I progress with the campaign?

Thank you and sorry for causing any confusion.

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:53 am

If you are unable to fulfill all primary objectives you can cheat to move to the next scenario in the campaign.
Enter shift c on your keyboard to open the console and then #igotnukes to get an automatic victory.

GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:12 pm

george35 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:04 am
how can I progress with the campaign?
Erik2 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:53 am
If you are unable to fulfill all primary objectives you can cheat to move to the next scenario in the campaign.
Enter shift c on your keyboard to open the console and then #igotnukes to get an automatic victory.
That, or
- keep one of your ships adjacent to the Narvik city hex after it's been captured until the flag's fully raised (this takes three turns) or
- win before turn 22 :wink:

george35

Post by george35 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:18 am

Hi guys

Thank you for your support and advice. I managed to figure out how to upload an image (sorry it is not good quality) but I cannot see why I received a defeat message at turn 12 of 22 unless something is obvious.

I will use igotnukes option.

Thank you

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:59 am

george35 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:18 am
Hi guys

Thank you for your support and advice. I managed to figure out how to upload an image (sorry it is not good quality) but I cannot see why I received a defeat message at turn 12 of 22 unless something is obvious.

Thank you
Odd. Could you please upload a savegame from that mission so the devs can reproduce it? (You need to zip that file. 7 zip is free.)

uran21

Post by uran21 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:16 am

Andy2012 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:59 am
george35 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:18 am
Hi guys

Thank you
Odd. Could you please upload a savegame from that mission so the devs can reproduce it? (You need to zip that file. 7 zip is free.)
No need for that. It is a known issue and fix will be provided with the next patch.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”