Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 21954
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:01 am

whhzj wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:47 pm
there is noting but 2 line in the Mydocuments/Mygames/FOG2/CAMPANGIN/my battle name/TEXT1
IDS_CAMPAIGN_NAME,"Siege of Moriya Shrine",
IDS_CAMPAIGN_TEXT,"Siege of Moriya Shrine",

what shall I do to create new faction?just type new chunk of words?
Yes.

You can just add an extra SideID by adding (for example)

IDS_SIDENAME_1000, "Ninja Girls"

in Text1.txt in your mod folder.
and there is pretty not much things in Mydocuments/Mygames/FOG2/CAMPANGIN/my battle name/should I copy all things from main build and edit?
No, don't copy everything. Only the things you want to edit. And remember that the file tree is not identical, so they may go in different places. See the chart at the end of the previously linked modding document.
(wait....do you mean I just edit and add'diffrent' things in the new folder,and when I load the campaign(EPIC battle in fact),the game will auto 'replace" original thing in the game /core temporary? its wonderful,need to say.
Exactly so.
and there is still no detail guide on how to edit,or add unit,i don't know how to start,there is no some kind of squads.csv in my mod folder
The instructions are in my previous post.

Copy the squads.csv from the main build into your mod folder. Add the new unit to your version of the squads.csv file. The easiest way to do this is to copy the most similar vanilla unit into a new line just below the vanilla stuff (don't leave any blank lines), and then change its unit number (column B), and anything else you need to change.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:50 am

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by whhzj » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:53 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:01 am
whhzj wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:47 pm
there is noting but 2 line in the Mydocuments/Mygames/FOG2/CAMPANGIN/my battle name/TEXT1
IDS_CAMPAIGN_NAME,"Siege of Moriya Shrine",
IDS_CAMPAIGN_TEXT,"Siege of Moriya Shrine",

what shall I do to create new faction?just type new chunk of words?
Yes.

You can just add an extra SideID by adding (for example)

IDS_SIDENAME_1000, "Ninja Girls"

in Text1.txt in your mod folder.
and there is pretty not much things in Mydocuments/Mygames/FOG2/CAMPANGIN/my battle name/should I copy all things from main build and edit?
No, don't copy everything. Only the things you want to edit. And remember that the file tree is not identical, so they may go in different places. See the chart at the end of the previously linked modding document.
(wait....do you mean I just edit and add'diffrent' things in the new folder,and when I load the campaign(EPIC battle in fact),the game will auto 'replace" original thing in the game /core temporary? its wonderful,need to say.
Exactly so.
and there is still no detail guide on how to edit,or add unit,i don't know how to start,there is no some kind of squads.csv in my mod folder
The instructions are in my previous post.

Copy the squads.csv from the main build into your mod folder. Add the new unit to your version of the squads.csv file. The easiest way to do this is to copy the most similar vanilla unit into a new line just below the vanilla stuff (don't leave any blank lines), and then change its unit number (column B), and anything else you need to change.
ok.now i find the squads.scv,and i think i should make a full list of step to create a new unit....
found a s post by you viewtopic.php?f=492&t=80096 ,very useful, but there is some thing not shown ,like how to change the veterancy(what number mean what level?)

1.i copy the origional squad.scv to my CAMPANGH/my new battle/folder,and edit there

2.i want to create a new unit called "whitewolf tenngu Guard"this unit was equiped with short sword(edit the name of swordsman),2 block range of shuriken(like thrown dart but i need to 2 range so i think i need change the name of javelin .....or is the 'dart' in game was a range weapon?),they run fast cuz all tenngu are fast,so i need to add 4 more AP point to let them run 1 more block,and maybe their move animation need a bit faster(idk how to do),they are highly superior(veterancy......how to change it?),but at same time cuz they are veteran so they are in small numeber,and they did have shield to protect themselves(its there any way to make them a bit more resistance to range weapon? they in small number,could be easy routed by heavy fire,but this optional i guess...),and they are impact foot
3.after i designed this unit,i copy the unit that most similar unit,and copy the whole line in to next blank block,and i edit things like above...and don't edit things I don't want to change
4.and then what? how to let it show the texture i create for them?

random qustions
1.i saw 'handgun' in that post,i just need to make a musket weapon,its handgun factional like as they did in P&S? 2 block useless weapon...
2.i saw theres 2 things about the soldier number in same unit,one is "TotalMen",one is"UnitSize" (i.e. one of it was 900,and the other is 1200,what is that two mean?)
3.the texture edit,should i copy the Diffuse texture from the unit i just copyed for the new unit ,and edit,and put in my new mod folder,and done? cuz they are "linked"
4.what is 'strings' mean? is there any guide on new weapon create?
5.i saw a post before, it says the "unit number" on the new created unit should more than 500.... for future game new DLC unit,should I do it?
6.how to edit if I want the multiple capability unit? just type them all in the unit capability slot?
Attachments
squads.scv.png
this thing right?
squads.scv.png (93.04 KiB) Viewed 927 times

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 21954
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:33 pm

It will take me a while to answer all these queries and I may not have time to do it all today. I will do it in multiple posts because I have had bad experiences in the past with typing a lot of stuff and losing it.

Firstly, the easiest way to read the Squads file is to work with the .xlsx version, which is properly formatted, with headers. Then save it as .xlsx and also .csv, which is what the game actually uses.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 21954
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:43 pm

2.i want to create a new unit called "whitewolf tenngu Guard"this unit was equiped with short sword(edit the name of swordsman),2 block range of shuriken(like thrown dart but i need to 2 range so i think i need change the name of javelin .....or is the 'dart' in game was a range weapon?),they run fast cuz all tenngu are fast,so i need to add 4 more AP point to let them run 1 more block,and maybe their move animation need a bit faster(idk how to do),they are highly superior(veterancy......how to change it?),but at same time cuz they are veteran so they are in small numeber,and they did have shield to protect themselves(its there any way to make them a bit more resistance to range weapon? they in small number,could be easy routed by heavy fire,but this optional i guess...),and they are impact foot
Darts is not actually a long distance shooting capability in this game, you could use Javelins, but they have a range of 1 coded in the scripts, so instead you could use Slings, which already have a range of 2. (Column AQ).

To make their move animation faster, adjust the Speed (Column P).

Troop quality is the average of Experience and Elan. To make them veteran (Superior), both values should be 200. To make them Highly Superior, both values should be 250. (Note that the Morale column is deprecated - it does nothing).

To make them more resistant to shooting, change the BodyArmour (Column AF) - 0 = Unarmoured, 50 = leather armour and/or large shield, 100 = mail shirt and shield, 300 is fully armoured cataphract.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 21954
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:52 pm

1.i saw 'handgun' in that post,i just need to make a musket weapon,its handgun factional like as they did in P&S? 2 block useless weapon...
Handgun currently has a range of 1, although you could make it 2 by editing scripts.
2.i saw theres 2 things about the soldier number in same unit,one is "TotalMen",one is"UnitSize" (i.e. one of it was 900,and the other is 1200,what is that two mean?)
TotalMen is the displayed number of men. UnitSize is what combat strength is calculated from. UnitSize higher than 600 (400 for cavalry, elephants etc.) does not increase combat strength, but gives more resilience because there are assumed to be extra ranks to replace losses, and/or give depth POAs.

I would stick with the range of UnitSize seen in the vanilla units. Values outside those ranges may have strange effects.

TotalMen is totally cosmetic, and you can do what you like with it.

However, if you want to make an across-the-board change to how many men each model represents, there is a StrengthMultiplier variable in the scripts that can be used to make a global change to the representational scale.
5.i saw a post before, it says the "unit number" on the new created unit should more than 500.... for future game new DLC unit,should I do it?
Yes
6.how to edit if I want the multiple capability unit? just type them all in the unit capability slot?
Yes. 100 if 100% have it. You should note, however, that

1) Some weapons have full effect even if the value is set below 100%. e.g. Lances have full effect if 50% have lances - because it is an impact-only capability and the 50% are assumed to be in the front ranks. Same is true of Infantry light spear, and impact foot with at least 34%. (IIRC).
2) The game is not designed for some weapons to be used in combination together. You may make OP super-troops by mistake if you combine them. So if you are thinking of using any combinations that are not found in any of the vanilla units, best ask here whether they are likely to work OK.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 21954
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:07 pm

4.and then what? how to let it show the texture i create for them?

3.the texture edit,should i copy the Diffuse texture from the unit i just copyed for the new unit ,and edit,and put in my new mod folder,and done? cuz they are "linked"
This is where it starts to get more complicated.

Firstly, the unit you base your modded texture on does not have to be the same one that you cloned as the most similar unit in the squads file.

The model used is the one in the AssetFileName column (Column S)

For example, the first unit in the squads file has the Name Pike (Column A) - this is the unit name used in the ArmyList.txt file. It uses AssetFileName Pike (Column S). This is the first part of the model name. In this case it is the same as the Name in Column A but it does not have to be.

AssetFileName "Pike" corresponds to the Unit Model file Pike_0.s4f in /Data/Battle/Units. There is also a Pike.txt file which tells the model which animation frames and sound effects to use.

The texture files that go with this model are in /Data/Battle/UnitTextures (with variants in the /Texturen subfolders):

Pike_Diffuse@.dds
Pike_Normal@.dds
Pike_Spec@.dds

Some units don't have the @ in the filename. It is only there if the alpha is important.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 21954
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:12 pm

To make a model that uses different textures you will have to copy the existing model and change the name to a new unique filename. The part before _0.s4f is what goes in the AssetFileName column in the squads file, and it needs to be no longer than 17 characters to work correctly.

You then have to copy the texture files and change their name to match the new model name.

This will make the game show the new textures in Custom Battles, but not in the Editor, because the Editor uses texture name references that are the .s4f file.

Fortunately, it is possible to edit these using the Archon tool, which you can download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8v4yu2o3uguc ... 7.rar?dl=0

Sadly, it lacks documentation.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 21954
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:16 pm

what is 'strings' mean?
All of the strings printed to the screen are localised to various languages, so they are reference by string "tags", which start with IDS_

So for example, unit name strings take the form:

IDS_UNITNAME0, "Pike Phalanx",
IDS_UNITNAME1, "Veteran Pike Phalanx",
IDS_UNITNAME2, "Raw Pike Phalanx",

Each unit also has a longer description string:

IDS_UNITINFO0, "Macedonian-style pikemen in textile armour",
IDS_UNITINFO1, "Veteran Macedonian-style pikemen in textile armour",
IDS_UNITINFO2, "Raw Macedonian-style pikemen in textile armour",

You can see lots of them in /Data/Text/Text2.txt

To make the strings for your new units you just add string tags and strings in the above format to your Text1.txt file, replacing the numbers with your new unit's ID from Column B of the squads file.

Note that all .txt files in the game are Unicode files, not normal text files. Most text editors don't have the facility to create Unicode files, so the easiest way to create them is use a copy of an existing file. The Editor will already have given you a Unicode Text1.txt file in your mod folder, and you should be able to use that for all of the strings you need to add.
is there any guide on new weapon create?
Sadly not, but it will require scripting. This will not be doable if you have no knowledge at all of programming.

-----------------------------------------

That is a first try at answering your questions, but no doubt you will need to ask some follow-up questions when you have digested the above answers.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:50 am

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by whhzj » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:50 am

rbodleyscott wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:33 pm
It will take me a while to answer all these queries and I may not have time to do it all today. I will do it in multiple posts because I have had bad experiences in the past with typing a lot of stuff and losing it.

Firstly, the easiest way to read the Squads file is to work with the .xlsx version, which is properly formatted, with headers. Then save it as .xlsx and also .csv, which is what the game actually uses.
read the Squads file is to work with the .xlsx version, which is properly formatted, with headers. Then save it as .xlsx and also .csv, which is what the game actually uses.

well....read?(game use)? so I need to copy the xlsx version and not copy csv version right? and not even touch the csv file?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 21954
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by rbodleyscott » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:21 pm

whhzj wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:50 am
rbodleyscott wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:33 pm
It will take me a while to answer all these queries and I may not have time to do it all today. I will do it in multiple posts because I have had bad experiences in the past with typing a lot of stuff and losing it.

Firstly, the easiest way to read the Squads file is to work with the .xlsx version, which is properly formatted, with headers. Then save it as .xlsx and also .csv, which is what the game actually uses.
read the Squads file is to work with the .xlsx version, which is properly formatted, with headers. Then save it as .xlsx and also .csv, which is what the game actually uses.

well....read?(game use)? so I need to copy the xlsx version and not copy csv version right? and not even touch the csv file?
Open Squads.xlsx in Excel. Make whatever alterations you want. Save it as .xlsx for your own convenience. Also save it as .CSV for the game to use. The game only uses the .CSV version.

You don't have to use the .xlsx version at all if you don't want to, but believe me it makes life easier.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:50 am

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by whhzj » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:29 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:21 pm
whhzj wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:50 am
rbodleyscott wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:33 pm
It will take me a while to answer all these queries and I may not have time to do it all today. I will do it in multiple posts because I have had bad experiences in the past with typing a lot of stuff and losing it.

Firstly, the easiest way to read the Squads file is to work with the .xlsx version, which is properly formatted, with headers. Then save it as .xlsx and also .csv, which is what the game actually uses.
read the Squads file is to work with the .xlsx version, which is properly formatted, with headers. Then save it as .xlsx and also .csv, which is what the game actually uses.

well....read?(game use)? so I need to copy the xlsx version and not copy csv version right? and not even touch the csv file?
Open Squads.xlsx in Excel. Make whatever alterations you want. Save it as .xlsx for your own convenience. Also save it as .CSV for the game to use. The game only uses the .CSV version.

You don't have to use the .xlsx version at all if you don't want to, but believe me it makes life easier.
how to save as .CSV?
wait you mean if I only edit the xlsx the game wont change any thing?, so I can just edit the .csv ? what do you mean or make things easier?? cuz .xlsx no use

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 21954
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by rbodleyscott » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:42 pm

whhzj wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:29 pm
rbodleyscott wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:21 pm
whhzj wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:50 am


read the Squads file is to work with the .xlsx version, which is properly formatted, with headers. Then save it as .xlsx and also .csv, which is what the game actually uses.

well....read?(game use)? so I need to copy the xlsx version and not copy csv version right? and not even touch the csv file?
Open Squads.xlsx in Excel. Make whatever alterations you want. Save it as .xlsx for your own convenience. Also save it as .CSV for the game to use. The game only uses the .CSV version.

You don't have to use the .xlsx version at all if you don't want to, but believe me it makes life easier.
how to save as .CSV?
In Excel, select "Save As", pick .CSV from the drop down list.
wait you mean if I only edit the xlsx the game wont change any thing?
That is correct.
so I can just edit the .csv ?


You can if you wish.
what do you mean or make things easier??
It is easier to read because of the formatting. However, if you do not find it so, you can ignore it and just edit the .csv.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:50 am

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by whhzj » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:52 am

rbodleyscott wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:42 pm
whhzj wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:29 pm
rbodleyscott wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:21 pm


Open Squads.xlsx in Excel. Make whatever alterations you want. Save it as .xlsx for your own convenience. Also save it as .CSV for the game to use. The game only uses the .CSV version.

You don't have to use the .xlsx version at all if you don't want to, but believe me it makes life easier.
how to save as .CSV?
In Excel, select "Save As", pick .CSV from the drop down list.
wait you mean if I only edit the xlsx the game wont change any thing?
That is correct.
so I can just edit the .csv ?


You can if you wish.
what do you mean or make things easier??
It is easier to read because of the formatting. However, if you do not find it so, you can ignore it and just edit the .csv.
well......need help again...has been read those posts one after other seveal times.....for 1 week i think
1.i created a few unit in the squad.xlxs(will save as .scv later)
2. take a example... tenngu pikeman told you before,
WhiteWolf_VPike 500 Heavy_Foot Pikes 16 60 25 200 20 90 0 2 12 900 1 0 Ww_VPike 100 0 0 0 1 0 -1 1 0 200 900 1200 50 200 200 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 100 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 100 -1 0 3 -100 18 620 0 0 0 (you can find its similar to original Veteran pikeman,cuz I edit based on it) (you can find the AP point its 12,i want to get 14 before,but I don't find anyone got 14,and cavalry is 16)
(i think you can understand what that mean,this is the whole row of my new unit in Squad.xlsx ,can you find and point out if there is some qustion?)
the main qustion is i still dont understand what is the column S "AssetFilename' mean ,i just type and easy to recongnise name for myself,Ww_VPike(Whitewolf veteran pikeman),what is is the mean of AssetFilename ?i saw in that squad file post you say is model,what model? you mean its blank model that need a texture? then what shall i need do now?
copy the... pike_0.s4f(i guess and paste into my campagin folder?)and the TXT? and the .DDS file? so i can edit it easliy, just based on the original...

and i(already)set the unit ID to 500, so i need to type...... IDS_UnitID500, IDS_unit info 500(just that mean,need to find the correct thing in some post) in TEXT1 right? and then i find this in some post before:
"You should also put #REPLACE in cell A1' what is the #REPLACE??? i dont find this in .xlsx
i dont know even a bit about the ArmyList.txt,i just copy it into my cmpgin folder.......and do nothing now

still dont know how to create a 4 block range musket(using handgun)
i think of the 1 girl unit,the i need 1 in ManCount,1 in total man,600 in UnitSize, 300 in Experience,300 in Elan (BTW i find Pikeman was 1200,you said its no use to get this number above 600)
..... :oops:
about the sound, I just copy all SFX in data,and edit and keep the same filename,that should work.i am check guide of audacity now
I am only want to make Epicbattle now,no need to guide on make campaign and costum battles,(speaking of which,i type NOSKRIMISH in CAMPAGIN.txt,that should work to make this a pure Epic battle

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 21954
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:05 pm

whhzj wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:52 am
well......need help again...has been read those posts one after other seveal times.....for 1 week i think
1.i created a few unit in the squad.xlxs(will save as .scv later)
2. take a example... tenngu pikeman told you before,
WhiteWolf_VPike 500 Heavy_Foot Pikes 16 60 25 200 20 90 0 2 12 900 1 0 Ww_VPike 100 0 0 0 1 0 -1 1 0 200 900 1200 50 200 200 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 100 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 100 -1 0 3 -100 18 620 0 0 0 (you can find its similar to original Veteran pikeman,cuz I edit based on it) (you can find the AP point its 12,i want to get 14 before,but I don't find anyone got 14,and cavalry is 16)
(i think you can understand what that mean,this is the whole row of my new unit in Squad.xlsx ,can you find and point out if there is some qustion?)
Sorry, but if you want me to read it it will need to be in a proper format. That is why I said to use the .xlsx,it is easier to read.
the main qustion is i still dont understand what is the column S "AssetFilename' mean ,i just type and easy to recongnise name for myself,Ww_VPike(Whitewolf veteran pikeman),what is is the mean of AssetFilename ?i saw in that squad file post you say is model,what model? you mean its blank model that need a texture? then what shall i need do now?
copy the... pike_0.s4f(i guess and paste into my campagin folder?)and the TXT? and the .DDS file? so i can edit it easliy, just based on the original...
The AssetFileName column tells the game which model (which .s4f file) to use for the unit.

So when you copy the pike_0.s4f file, replace "pike" in the filename with "Ww_VPike", so the AssetFileName will match. Do the same with the copied .txt and .dds files.
and i(already)set the unit ID to 500, so i need to type...... IDS_UnitID500, IDS_unit info 500(just that mean,need to find the correct thing in some post) in TEXT1 right? and then i find this in some post before:
Computers are very unforgiving. Any typo will stop things working correctly, and probably crash the game. Put, for example,

IDS_UNITNAME500, "Tenngu Pikemen",
IDS_UNITINFO500, "Top quality pikemen",

in your text1.txt
"You should also put #REPLACE in cell A1' what is the #REPLACE??? i dont find this in .xlsx
Because the squads file in the main game does not need it, only your modded one needs it.
still dont know how to create a 4 block range musket(using handgun)
There is no way to do this without modding the game scripts. Are you ready to do that? Note, that I will be able to advise you, and give you examples, but not write all the script mods for you. Have you any programming experience? If not, you are going to struggle.
i think of the 1 girl unit,the i need 1 in ManCount,1 in total man,600 in UnitSize, 300 in Experience,300 in Elan (BTW i find Pikeman was 1200,you said its no use to get this number above 600)..... :oops:
I didn't say that there is no use for UnitSize above 600. I said that only the first 600 counts towards combat strength, the rest are just rear ranks. They may contribute to depth POAs if any are applicable to their combat capabilities, otherwise just replace losses.

The problem with having a 1 TotalMen unit is that the TotalMen value (while mainly cosmetic) is also used to keep track of losses. (There are no "Hit Points" because this isn't a fantasy game). This means that a 1 TotalMen unit cannot suffer any losses (or "wounds") and would thus be essentially immortal. It might be possible to rout it, if it fails a series of cohesion tests, but it won't get any cohesion test modifiers for previous "losses".

In short, 1 TotalMen units are not really supported by the system, and you may or may not be able to get them to work as you want.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:50 am

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by whhzj » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:09 pm

just detete this one flour,make a reply by mistake
Last edited by whhzj on Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:50 am

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by whhzj » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:10 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:05 pm
whhzj wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:52 am
well......need help again...has been read those posts one after other seveal times.....for 1 week i think
1.i created a few unit in the squad.xlxs(will save as .scv later)
2. take a example... tenngu pikeman told you before,
WhiteWolf_VPike 500 Heavy_Foot Pikes 16 60 25 200 20 90 0 2 12 900 1 0 Ww_VPike 100 0 0 0 1 0 -1 1 0 200 900 1200 50 200 200 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 100 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 100 -1 0 3 -100 18 620 0 0 0 (you can find its similar to original Veteran pikeman,cuz I edit based on it) (you can find the AP point its 12,i want to get 14 before,but I don't find anyone got 14,and cavalry is 16)
(i think you can understand what that mean,this is the whole row of my new unit in Squad.xlsx ,can you find and point out if there is some qustion?)
Sorry, but if you want me to read it it will need to be in a proper format. That is why I said to use the .xlsx,it is easier to read.
the main qustion is i still dont understand what is the column S "AssetFilename' mean ,i just type and easy to recongnise name for myself,Ww_VPike(Whitewolf veteran pikeman),what is is the mean of AssetFilename ?i saw in that squad file post you say is model,what model? you mean its blank model that need a texture? then what shall i need do now?
copy the... pike_0.s4f(i guess and paste into my campagin folder?)and the TXT? and the .DDS file? so i can edit it easliy, just based on the original...
The AssetFileName column tells the game which model (which .s4f file) to use for the unit.

So when you copy the pike_0.s4f file, replace "pike" in the filename with "Ww_VPike", so the AssetFileName will match. Do the same with the copied .txt and .dds files.
and i(already)set the unit ID to 500, so i need to type...... IDS_UnitID500, IDS_unit info 500(just that mean,need to find the correct thing in some post) in TEXT1 right? and then i find this in some post before:
Computers are very unforgiving. Any typo will stop things working correctly, and probably crash the game. Put, for example,

IDS_UNITNAME500, "Tenngu Pikemen",
IDS_UNITINFO500, "Top quality pikemen",

in your text1.txt
"You should also put #REPLACE in cell A1' what is the #REPLACE??? i dont find this in .xlsx
Because the squads file in the main game does not need it, only your modded one needs it.
still dont know how to create a 4 block range musket(using handgun)
There is no way to do this without modding the game scripts. Are you ready to do that? Note, that I will be able to advise you, and give you examples, but not write all the script mods for you. Have you any programming experience? If not, you are going to struggle.
i think of the 1 girl unit,the i need 1 in ManCount,1 in total man,600 in UnitSize, 300 in Experience,300 in Elan (BTW i find Pikeman was 1200,you said its no use to get this number above 600)..... :oops:
I didn't say that there is no use for UnitSize above 600. I said that only the first 600 counts towards combat strength, the rest are just rear ranks. They may contribute to depth POAs if any are applicable to their combat capabilities, otherwise just replace losses.

The problem with having a 1 TotalMen unit is that the TotalMen value (while mainly cosmetic) is also used to keep track of losses. (There are no "Hit Points" because this isn't a fantasy game). This means that a 1 TotalMen unit cannot suffer any losses (or "wounds") and would thus be essentially immortal. It might be possible to rout it, if it fails a series of cohesion tests, but it won't get any cohesion test modifiers for previous "losses".

In short, 1 TotalMen units are not really supported by the system, and you may or may not be able to get them to work as you want.
I see now.....
1.computers did unforgiving. when i first try to create 2 new factions,i dont know i need to add " , "at end of each sentence,the game crush 3 times then i find what i missing,then things go well
2.the 1 girl unit,well, its 'should' essentially immortal,back in old days they are.so you mean that I can only be defeted by routed.whats just what I want actually....I think I will just put to test.
3.I think I will give up on weapon create for now,maybe later
4.i still not know what to do about the ArmyList.txt

thx for your patience to reply me

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 21954
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:30 pm

whhzj wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:10 pm
4.i still not know what to do about the ArmyList.txt
It is fairly well explained here.

viewtopic.php?f=492&t=79848

(I thought).

Which bits are you having difficulty with?
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:50 am

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by whhzj » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:46 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:30 pm
whhzj wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:10 pm
4.i still not know what to do about the ArmyList.txt
It is fairly well explained here.

viewtopic.php?f=492&t=79848

(I thought).

Which bits are you having difficulty with?
i wont let player able to choose thier army,just use what i give them,then i no need to edit armylist.txt?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 21954
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by rbodleyscott » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:55 am

whhzj wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:46 pm
rbodleyscott wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:30 pm
whhzj wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:10 pm
4.i still not know what to do about the ArmyList.txt
It is fairly well explained here.

viewtopic.php?f=492&t=79848

(I thought).

Which bits are you having difficulty with?
i wont let player able to choose thier army,just use what i give them,then i no need to edit armylist.txt?
Correct. The army lists are only used for custom and campaign battles.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

Post Reply

Return to “Field of Glory II: Modding”