Field of Glory: Empires Unveiled!

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: Field of Glory: Empires Unveiled!

Post by Pocus »

There will be videos, our nice guys at marketing are talking with us on that! I'll probably not be the one talking though! :lol:
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
FrenchDude
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by FrenchDude »

I think that gameplay videos made by gaming youtubers (especially the ones playing strategy/wargame/historical titles, such as Invicta, Republic of Play, Aggripa, etc...) and dev streams are a good way to promote your game.

That’s how I discovered FoG 2 and FoG Empires, and I think it can make your game visible to a large audience of history/strategy fans. But you probably know it already :D

I’ll be waiting for the next gameplay with some popcorn and FoG2 by my side !
SGZ
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by SGZ »

Pocus wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:48 am There will be videos, our nice guys at marketing are talking with us on that! I'll probably not be the one talking though! :lol:
That would be a pity Pocus. After watching the Brixia video 3x I'm finally getting to understand what you say despite your " outrageous " French accent. :)
Dual_CoRed
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Dual_CoRed »

So when will we get some more info???? This is my most anticipated game of 19!
Yarev
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Yarev »

My question is : once you import the battle from a sigle player campaign of FoG:Empires into FoG2 can it be possible to play that battle against a human player with PBEM (play by email)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Yarev wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:59 pm My question is : once you import the battle from a sigle player campaign of FoG:Empires into FoG2 can it be possible to play that battle against a human player with PBEM (play by email)
Not currently
Richard Bodley Scott

Yarev
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Yarev »

How does the units replenish? Is it done automatically after the battle or manualy?
loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by loki100 »

Yarev wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:46 pm How does the units replenish? Is it done automatically after the battle or manualy?
bit of both. Assuming you have the resources then its auto but you also need to be in the right place. You can't regain losses in poor supply or an unfriendly province, so sometimes you need to detach damaged units and send them to the rear to recover. In any case, it takes a bit of time, so a badly chewed up formation may be best placed out of danger for a few turns to recover. So its not particularly demanding but there are things you need to set up correctly.
Aeneas Stator
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Aeneas Stator »

rbodleyscott wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:16 pm
Yarev wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:59 pm My question is : once you import the battle from a sigle player campaign of FoG:Empires into FoG2 can it be possible to play that battle against a human player with PBEM (play by email)
Not currently
That was hard to hear. :(
Life is a cohesion test... Up the Irons!
FrenchDude

Post by FrenchDude »

Hi guys, I have a few questions (i’m too curious and I prefer asking things about FoG Empires rather than studying :D ) :

How will the manpower be handeled ?
You have a « manpower » ressource, making you able to recruit units (is it right ?)
Is there a « manpower ressource » limit (like in EU4 for example) related to some factors (Faction, buildings, number of provinces), making you unable to recruit troops once a certain limit is reached (even if you have the money) ? And is this ressource « global » (affecting all your territories, making you able to recruit men anywhere as long as you have manpower), or « local » (you can’t train legionnaires in this new germanic région you conquered, because the local population isn’t sufficient/converted to your culture) ?

Do you think the «manpower » is going to be tied to the « citizens/slaves » population mechanic ? For example, you are playing Sparta, and because of your political system you have too few citizens to be able to field a big citizen phalanx, forcing you to rely on other troops (mercenaries, or other subjugated city-states troops)
Or you are playing with Carthage, and your limited amount of citizens forces you to rely on mercenaries

I had this sudden « hey how are they going to deal with the manpower stuff » thought right in the middle of my work, now that I wrote all this stuff on the forum, I’m finally free to go back to my stuff ! Have a nice evening !
loki100

Post by loki100 »

Manpower is one of the 'global' resources (ie all your production is added up and available everywhere)

yes
yes - once your stored manpower > a limit then you gain very few/turn
yes but many units are either location dependent, faction dependent or specific building dependent - so what you can build with that manpower is often very constrained. Also unit production is dependent on other resources (variable between units but you often need equipment and metal as well, plus money)
yes - you'll find that some nations become very reliant on mercenaries due to a lack of citizens/manpower
yes - as above
Yarev
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Yarev »

what does the equipment means? example Campus Martius gives 10 equipment, but does it speed up the recruitment, enables to recruit heavy inf, or just helps with the replenishmenmt?
Yarev
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Yarev »

Another question is about generals. If the general have +2 attack in FoG:Empires and the battle is exported to FoG2 how does the +2 attack influence the battle or the boneus just vanishes when we choose the option to manualy resolve battle through FoG2?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Yarev wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:00 pm Another question is about generals. If the general have +2 attack in FoG:Empires and the battle is exported to FoG2 how does the +2 attack influence the battle or the boneus just vanishes when we choose the option to manualy resolve battle through FoG2?
The difference in skill between the two generals is calculated. Then either the unit quality of the two sides is tweaked somewhat - to represent the effects on morale and battle-readiness of the pre-battle manoeuvring by the generals, or (in the latest version) sometimes some of the units of the army with the worse general will arrive on the battlefield late.
Richard Bodley Scott

loki100

Post by loki100 »

Yarev wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:55 pm what does the equipment means? example Campus Martius gives 10 equipment, but does it speed up the recruitment, enables to recruit heavy inf, or just helps with the replenishmenmt?
most units demand some 'equipment' to be built, its a sort of generic weapons+armour+shields etc. So a legion or a phalanx needs a lot, a bunch of skirmishers not much at all. You can have only so much stored in a province (generated by having the right buildings) and this is then used up for new units. So if you have a big disaster, and need a new army, best to raise it in a province with a lot of spare equipment or it may take 4-6 turns to be raised.
Yarev
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Yarev »

Equipment sounds like a very nice mechanic, I like it :D

It is also good to know that general attributes/advantage dont just dissapear in FoG2

Thanks for clarifying
Yarev
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Yarev »

I want to ask you about FoG2 - do I need all the dlc's or just the base game will suffice for me to import my battles?
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas »

Yarev wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:28 pm I want to ask you about FoG2 - do I need all the dlc's or just the base game will suffice for me to import my battles?
Base game will be enough.
olin0111
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by olin0111 »

I'm really excited about AGEOD and Byznatines joining forces to link their games. It's an exceptionally rare thing I believe and really is a great idea to promote both products. One of the biggest thing that was missing for me in FOG2 (especially in single player) was a context to the battles I was playing. The included historical and random campaigns (or rather a set of linked battles) were okay'ish but the ability to actually play a proper campaign game and fight battles in FOG2 system is something that I wanted for a long time. I admit that this is the main selling point for me and I will base my decision to purchase Empires on how seamless and accurate the exporting system will be in terms of unit composition, general abilities and battle results. Fingers crossed!

Regarding unit composition in FOG2 battles I also wanted to confirm that we will be able to field units that are not normally a part of certain army list in the base game. So, for example, when I manage to create a large Gallic empire and recruit scuttari mercenaries, some Italian javeliners and African elephants once the battle is exported to FOG these units will appear on the battlefield, correct?

Although I'm mainly interested in some campaign sandbox to provide a narrative to fight my FOG battles I've read the dev diaries and I like what I'm seeing so far.
The culure and decadence system governing the raise and fall of empires looks especially interesting. Please please please make it challenging, not something that is so easily avoidable that it actually might not be in the game at all :)
Yarev
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Yarev »

olin0111 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:40 pm ...
Regarding unit composition in FOG2 battles I also wanted to confirm that we will be able to field units that are not normally a part of certain army list in the base game. So, for example, when I manage to create a large Gallic empire and recruit scuttari mercenaries, some Italian javeliners and African elephants once the battle is exported to FOG these units will appear on the battlefield, correct?
Good question and important one as well, it would be game breaking if not all units from player's army were present

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”