Endsieg

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

ColonelKurtz
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Endsieg

Post by ColonelKurtz »

Has anyone else noticed that cutoff Allied Units seem to have the following:

- Continued full movement despite being cutoff from supply
- Ability to immediately reinforce/resupply after coming back into supply

This is driving me nuts - "I cut you off, and you're still going hell for leather in my rear areas!"

Also the points availability to the SS is crazy compared to the Heer/Wehrmacht. Give us a chance to earn some more SS CP, or transfer CP to the SS, please!
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Endsieg

Post by terminator »

ColonelKurtz wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:43 am Has anyone else noticed that cutoff Allied Units seem to have the following:

- Continued full movement despite being cutoff from supply
- Ability to immediately reinforce/resupply after coming back into supply

This is driving me nuts - "I cut you off, and you're still going hell for leather in my rear areas!"
Maybe paratroopers ?
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Hey Kurtz what specific scenario are you talking about?
hrafnkolbrandr
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by hrafnkolbrandr »

I've noticed this too. It's ridiculous, and not just paratroopers.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

What I’m sure is that this situation happened during the scenario Smolensk 43 and it was with Russian paratroopers.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Or US/Soviet Marines, those have a "fuel" setting, too. Or recon or Partisan units with "nosupply".
ColonelKurtz

Post by ColonelKurtz »

I first noticed it with British (and possibly American) tanks.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

ColonelKurtz wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:06 pm I first noticed it with British (and possibly American) tanks.
I did not, so I think it would be best if you could be more specific as to when/where/how this happened.
And remember that even cut-off units can still be very speedy on the next turn, esp. tanks on paved roads.

Also, there may be supply points on the map that are not on town hexes (with flags) and do not require three turns to switch sides! Ships generate land supply, too. You can always check with the space bar if the enemy units are really out of supply.
ColonelKurtz

Post by ColonelKurtz »

When I replay again now that I've finished, I shall take notes if it happens once more.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

ColonelKurtz wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:50 pm When I replay again now that I've finished, I shall take notes if it happens once more.
Do not forget to activate the Autosave per turn :idea:

Screenshot 154.jpg
Screenshot 154.jpg (140.93 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
ColonelKurtz

Post by ColonelKurtz »

So playing again, scenario 1, bonus objective "Panther D must survive and deal damage: 0/12"

I've been handing out plenty of damage with it, but it doesn't increment. Is there a particular type of unit it must inflict damage upon? (And if so, why doesn't it bloody say so in the objective!!!)
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

ColonelKurtz wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:19 am So playing again, scenario 1, bonus objective "Panther D must survive and deal damage: 0/12"

I've been handing out plenty of damage with it, but it doesn't increment. Is there a particular type of unit it must inflict damage upon? (And if so, why doesn't it bloody say so in the objective!!!)
That bug was identified back in November. We are still waiting for a patch that will fix it.

viewtopic.php?f=264&t=88486
- Bru
ColonelKurtz

Post by ColonelKurtz »

Ok, so I'm no pioneer.... :D
bru888

Post by bru888 »

ColonelKurtz wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:41 am Ok, so I'm no pioneer.... :D
No, but you are appreciated for hanging in there with the rest of us as we wait to see what is going to happen to this game . . .
- Bru
kverdon
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by kverdon »

I have also noticed Allied / Russian SPA being able to ignore ZOC rules and just zip past your units to grab an objective in your rear.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

kverdon wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:57 pm I have also noticed Allied / Russian SPA being able to ignore ZOC rules and just zip past your units to grab an objective in your rear.
It's a known bug with structures. Everything's known by now. Bug, bug, bug. :oops: :shock: :roll:
And most of them have been fixed in an update that should've been out months ago. MONTHS! :evil:
bru888

Post by bru888 »

GabeKnight wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:00 pm It's a known bug with structures. Everything's known by now. Bug, bug, bug. :oops: :shock: :roll:
And most of them have been fixed in an update that should've been out months ago. MONTHS! :evil:
Out of this entire list (which is not exhaustive, by the way, because I stopped updating it when the bug database got hot), the two highlighted are the only ones that I hope, hope, hope get fixed so that I have a (relatively) stable and bug-free game. The missing GUI buttons and Sandstorm incompatibility were caused by the patch and are resolved by a complete uninstall/reinstall of the program. The other stuff I know how to fix myself.

Image0187.jpg
Image0187.jpg (274.15 KiB) Viewed 4261 times

So please, Mr. Developer (notice the singularity of that noun, as he is being referred to by another OOB potentate), just one more patch. Just one, and just fix these two things if nothing else. Then we can call it quits and you will have my appreciation.
- Bru
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

bru888 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:04 pm [...] just fix these two things if nothing else. Then we can call it quits and you will have my appreciation.
:D My friend, I may remind you of that quote from time to time :lol: :P :wink:
bru888

Post by bru888 »

GabeKnight wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:29 am :D My friend, I may remind you of that quote from time to time :lol: :P :wink:
I'm quite serious. I'm looking for a cutoff point . . . the denouement, perhaps . . . where I will have a solid game to be happy with if this is coming to an end. Somebody will be coming by soon to chastise us for talking this way but it really is hard to avoid thinking in such a manner, given what we have seen, and not seen, in these past few months. In the past year or two, really.

Think of it. They just released DLC which was found to be faulty in many ways, and they introduced a few program bugs at the same time. The DLC would be easy to fix; a few tweaks of some files. The program bugs, not so much. That could take a while. But to not openly do or say anything for three months about the DLC and in the meantime continue to sell it to the public?

Don't tell me that the large amount of issues which surfaced with the bugs database is holding things up. What, it's all got to be in ONE patch? Why in the heck couldn't an interim patch or two be released with the stuff that was marked as "resolved" back in December and January?

"This is not helpful." Yes, I know it's not. Just one more patch, please. Just the basics.
- Bru
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 »

Bru does have a point, I don't wanna be that guy, but really...some of this stuff shoudla been fixed fast, but then again I'm not a dev and there might be issues, but then again some kind of public announcement should be made
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

Return to “Order of Battle Series”