Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Re: Historical&Demanding Mod by Kondi :)

Post by GabeKnight »

terminator wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:58 pm Will be corrected in the next update... ?
Don't know. Erik has posted something similar with Bug #3988. I'll update the tracker with this one.

It was still present with v7.1.5b3, but who knows what we're gonna get with v7.1.6?

Anyways, good luck with your mod, Kondi! :)
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

So, here you have new units in game
Corrected their names - accordingly with historical facts

Marder auf PzKw II ausf.D - fall 1942, El Alamein area
Marder III ausf.H - beginning of 1943, Tunisia
SM.79-II - torpedo and close support version
new units.jpg
new units.jpg (12.57 KiB) Viewed 3717 times
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 »

kondi754 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:06 am
airbornemongo101 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:08 am Awesome, I'm hoping you also included new skins :mrgreen: :wink:
Here, some screenshots for you
The exclusive camo for this Mod, I call it: "Libyan Orange"
Hope you like it :)

libyan orange camo panzertruppe.jpg

libyan orange camo DAK's artillery & pzjgr abt.jpg

libyan orange camo beutepanzer.jpg
New skins looks sweet!!!!
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Another new unit (I used Grille's model for it :idea: )

Bison II (the name invented by journalist after the war) - 12 vehicles were used by 90th Light Division in North Africa (only :!: ) for motorised infantry support since April 1942. The last two were destroyed near Tunis one year later...
This vehicle was well-known for his extraordinary failure and vulnerability in the conditions of the Libyan desert, hence the "unreliable" trait :wink: (but for what an attractive price :lol: )

new units 2.jpg
new units 2.jpg (8 KiB) Viewed 3680 times
bison II.jpg
bison II.jpg (351.1 KiB) Viewed 3680 times
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Despite of new, big patch testing my Mod is moving forward

I passed the British fortifications and minefields at El Alamein in the late summer of 1942 and stood on the Nile at the gate to the Middle East and its natural resources
Below is a screenshot that shows the difficulty of my historical Mod very well. Note that I haven't managed to reinforce the losses after the epic battles at Gazala, on Malta and Alam Halfa ...
I wonder if I can cross the Nile ???

My mod is supposed to be very difficult... My goal is to make a situation when (after breaking the Gazala line) the ability to play every subsequent battle will be a real success for the player.
My Mod was created to give everyone an answer, how good I am and how far I can get, but don't accomplish all the missions and forget - in any case, I'm working on it and I hope it will work :roll:
cairo.jpg
cairo.jpg (697.57 KiB) Viewed 3642 times
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

kondi754 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:53 am My mod is supposed to be very difficult...
Could you explain a bit what you mean by that? Because all I saw in your posts were mostly changes in the unit's dates and even some decreases in supply and RP. And you even added some tact. bomber. Sandstorm's rather an easier campaign IMO.
How or what exactly does change the difficulty for you? Did you reduce RP income or the turn limits in the scens? Or added more enemy units? Or new objectives? Or different AI team settings? 8) :twisted:

All in all...you made me curious... looking forward to it. :D
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

GabeKnight wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:20 am
kondi754 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:53 am My mod is supposed to be very difficult...
Could you explain a bit what you mean by that? Because all I saw in your posts were mostly changes in the unit's dates and even some decreases in supply and RP. And you even added some tact. bomber. Sandstorm's rather an easier campaign IMO.
How or what exactly does change the difficulty for you? Did you reduce RP income or the turn limits in the scens? Or added more enemy units? Or new objectives? Or different AI team settings? 8) :twisted:

All in all...you made me curious... looking forward to it. :D
Many changes - reduced RPs sometimes but also for example there will be no models of some units or equipment in accordance with historical realities (eg. Tigers in Tunisia will be "unreliable")
I believe that keeping the historical truth can most effectively hinder the game when there isn't a whole lot of equipment, because it wasn't on the given operational theatre or appeared later in reality
I'll post more of that later tommorow. :wink:
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I saw something on your last screenshoot that surprised me :o

cairo.jpg
cairo.jpg (718.51 KiB) Viewed 3621 times

I would have preferred this version :

Capture d'écran 9.jpg
Capture d'écran 9.jpg (123.74 KiB) Viewed 3621 times
uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 »

Italian sea mines around Alexandria are Italian to highlight who placed them there historically 8)
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

uran21 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:53 pm Italian sea mines around Alexandria are Italian to highlight who placed them there historically 8)

I think so too, Uran :wink:

As for my idea for this campaign, it is based on the realities of North African TO.
- only the early Pz III and Pz IV models will be available for a very long time, and it will not be until mid-1942 when Pz IVF2 will arrive with a 50mm long guns
- similarly early StuGs models (in the Blitzkrieg Historical Mod I plan to introduce StuG IIIA for the French campaign), StuG III (AT version) only available during the Tunisian campaign in 1943, instead of them Marders
- more emphasis on the use of very mobile Pz I (also in the version with flamethrower, local modification in DAK's workshops) and Pz II (version D, more heavily armored especially for Africa Corps)
- greater use of Beutepanzer (instead of French tanks, British Mathilda in Libya and Sherman in Tunisia), also captured French and Soviet artillery (there were used a large number of Soviet's field guns 76.2 mm in North Africa :!: )
- reduction in the coefficients of many units - eg Bf 110 C / D / E (with 6/8/10 ground attack to 6/7/8) which is much closer to the truth, resignation from several fighters which in developer's version appear too early, e.g. MC 205, which shouldn't be at all in Sandstorm, because this type of aircraft appeared only during the fighting over Sicily in the summer of 1943
- on the other hand, increase the close support statistics for some older aircraft, eg CR42 Falco (from 4 to 7), for encouraging players to use this type of fighter in 1941 and 42, similarly MC 200 - both aircraft supported land forces and were in the equipment of Italian Air Forces for a long time

These are just a few of many examples, I still have a lot of thoughts and the OoB game has huge potential for modification.
My changes are very interesting during the tests in my opinion, I think that now the game looks completely different and can give again many hours of interesting entertainment.
I hope others will like it too, just like me...

(To be continued... :D )
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Sounds interesting. The coincidence with both your and my mod appearing at the same time is really some bad timing, I guess... :?
But I'm sure to give the H&D mod a try at some point. :wink:
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

Hi Kondi. Im wathcing your topis. Im very excited. It sounds very promissing!!!!!! I hope that you will create this historiacal..IN Sandstorm I miss PZ II for example and yes to much options non historical for the player..
AndreyBacerage
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AndreyBacerage »

Nice mod - is there a chance to see also the Diana Sturmgeschütz with soviet 76,2mm ATG ?
I saw someone created this unit for OoB - but I dont remember in which forum.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

calmhatchery wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:29 am Hi Kondi. Im wathcing your topis. Im very excited. It sounds very promissing!!!!!! I hope that you will create this historiacal..IN Sandstorm I miss PZ II for example and yes to much options non historical for the player..
As for the unhistorical options for the player, I decided to keep them at least partially.
Eg. Carri Armati Avanzati - there will be this specialization, but with some restrictions:
1. you'll be able to buy it only after winning the Kasserine pass (in my opinion it's logical) and use it during the last two, fictional battles in Tunisia and Algeria
2. will apply only to M15/42 and P26/40 (this tanks will be available only after purchase this specialty)
3. therefore only L3/35, L6/40, M11/39 (auxilliary), M13/40 and M14/41 from Italian tanks are available in the game, of course it's determined by reality
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

yes !!!! exactly. VERY GOOD! I agree with this...
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

AndreyBacerage wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:08 am Nice mod - is there a chance to see also the Diana Sturmgeschütz with soviet 76,2mm ATG ?
I saw someone created this unit for OoB - but I dont remember in which forum.
I think about it, but I'm not a computer graphic designer and don't have the right software, so I base only on existing units :(
As far as (with some good will from the players' side, of course :wink: ) Grille can pretend to be Bison II, then SdKfz 7 without a cannon will look ridiculous as Diana, don't you think?
If someone would give me a model of this vehicle, I will of course implement it in my Mod, unless you have another idea?
AndreyBacerage
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AndreyBacerage »

I think about it, but I'm not a computer graphic designer and don't have the right software, so I base only on existing units :(
As far as (with some good will from the players' side, of course :wink: ) Grille can pretend to be Bison II, then SdKfz 7 without a cannon will look ridiculous as Diana, don't you think?
If someone would give me a model of this vehicle, I will of course implement it in my Mod, unless you have another idea?
I found this picture on a german OoB forum - there is clearly visible a Sdkfz 6 Diana. I need to registry there to ask from which one is this mod or this Diana model - than maybee I can send you the informations or the contact.

EDIT: Removed banned content. Mr Weinert, GTFO.
Andy2012
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

AndreyBacerage wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:02 pm
I found this picture on a german OoB forum - there is clearly visible a Sdkfz 6 Diana. I need to registry there to ask from which one is this mod or this Diana model - than maybee I can send you the informations or the contact.
I’m afraid you’re wasting your time if this mod is the mod of the one I think :twisted:
AndreyBacerage
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AndreyBacerage »

I’m afraid you’re wasting your time if this mod is the mod of the one I think
Can you please explain that - I do not understand your sentence. What about the mod?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

AndreyBacerage wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:02 pm
I’m afraid you’re wasting your time if this mod is the mod of the one I think
Can you please explain that - I do not understand your sentence. What about the mod?
Perhaps this translation was not the best, here is another version : "I'm afraid you’re wasting your time if the person who might have created this mod is the one I believe". I wasn’t talking about the mod in itself. That’s all I have to say.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”