Duplex's Scenarios and Campaigns

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

conboy
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Duplex's Scenarios (Berlin 1945 1.1.3)

Post by conboy »

Duplex wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:14 am Update v1.1.3 for Berlin 1945:
- Location names added for some airfields
- airfield added, another one moved
- more German planes in hangars
- aviation fuel trigger tweaked
- more decorations lol
- Biesdorf hex linked
- American planes moved
- more American planes
- more deployment/undeploy hexes for US planes
- other minor fixes and tweaks
@Duplex: Thanks for the excellent scenario. I played it through and there were no bugaboos -- just right.

All, this is a fun scenario. I played it head-on with main attack from the NE, with flanking attacks from the East and SE. Strongly recommend you take that secondary objective within the allocated time frame. Might be fun to do the attempt to surround. You will make it easier if you have some engineers for fighting in the city.

All in all, a fun scenario, well designed and implemented. Thanks again, Duplex!

conboy
Duplex
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Duplex's Scenarios (Berlin 1945 1.1.3)

Post by Duplex »

conboy wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:24 pm @Duplex: Thanks for the excellent scenario. I played it through and there were no bugaboos -- just right.

All, this is a fun scenario. I played it head-on with main attack from the NE, with flanking attacks from the East and SE. Strongly recommend you take that secondary objective within the allocated time frame. Might be fun to do the attempt to surround. You will make it easier if you have some engineers for fighting in the city.

All in all, a fun scenario, well designed and implemented. Thanks again, Duplex!

conboy
Thank you for playing! It was my pleasure to create the scenario. I realized that after so many scenarios, there had never been one about this iconic battle, so I decided to give it a try. As a scenario creator, your comments are really deeply felt. Thanks.
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
Duplex

Re: Duplex's Scenarios

Post by Duplex »

Update v1.4.0 for Hong Kong 1942:
- more decorationnnssss
- added Chinese reinforcements when Hong Kong is lost
- significantly buffed Japanese units
- added two more Japanese units in initial invasion force
- other minor tweaks
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Horst »

Thanks, Berlin was fun to conquer!
Encircling Berlin first is definitely recommended with that huge amount of units there. I was first puzzled why I couldn’t attack the flak-tower units but suspected an escarpment blocker. Well done, although the towers required a huge space in the city. Hopefully, we get real towers for the Soviet DLC one day or year.
I could have needed more aircraft exit points on top and bottom, as it took a while to capture the first airfield on the left. I suspected more air opposition and made the mistake to purchase fighters, but the US with their income and experience was good enough to deal with opposition. I was constantly on the bottom of my RP reserve but it was also enough to regularly repair my units. It’s not too bad if you struggle for RP as it slows down the gameplay somewhat.
Generally, I still recommend deploying more artillery units for the AI as these unit types make a huge difference how difficult a scenario becomes. I’ve already played so many scenarios and noticed the difference how hard it becomes if the AI has more ways to shock your units. It doesn’t have to be only the heavy stuff but a horde of infantry guns with short range can also make a big diference to keep enemy units basically disabled.

Are you still working on your "The Chinese Civil War" project?
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

Horst wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:50 pm Thanks, Berlin was fun to conquer!
Encircling Berlin first is definitely recommended with that huge amount of units there. I was first puzzled why I couldn’t attack the flak-tower units but suspected an escarpment blocker. Well done, although the towers required a huge space in the city. Hopefully, we get real towers for the Soviet DLC one day or year.
I could have needed more aircraft exit points on top and bottom, as it took a while to capture the first airfield on the left. I suspected more air opposition and made the mistake to purchase fighters, but the US with their income and experience was good enough to deal with opposition. I was constantly on the bottom of my RP reserve but it was also enough to regularly repair my units. It’s not too bad if you struggle for RP as it slows down the gameplay somewhat.
Generally, I still recommend deploying more artillery units for the AI as these unit types make a huge difference how difficult a scenario becomes. I’ve already played so many scenarios and noticed the difference how hard it becomes if the AI has more ways to shock your units. It doesn’t have to be only the heavy stuff but a horde of infantry guns with short range can also make a big diference to keep enemy units basically disabled.

Are you still working on your "The Chinese Civil War" project?
Thanks a lot for playing, and thank you for the feedback! I always wonder if people actually play my scenarios. I'll keep what you've said in mind when I update the Berlin scenario.
I am still working on the Chinese Civil War project. Three scenarios for the campaign are done as of now. It's going quite slowly though, I just haven't had the time. But it's getting there and the campaign will be out sooner or later.
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
Horst

Post by Horst »

Good to hear. I somehow enjoy fighting with (Chinese) pawns against superior (Japanese) units.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Horst wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:17 pm Good to hear. I somehow enjoy fighting with (Chinese) pawns against superior (Japanese) units.
Yeah, me, too.
And especially, I like the David vs. Goliath feeling - it always looks like they couldn't win, at first...
Duplex wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:23 am I always wonder if people actually play my scenarios.
:D Yeah, same here. So far I have like two confirmed users of my mod besides myself. :lol:

But I remember how I used to behave before (and how I still behave on other sites) when it comes to "free" content: I click a link, download the stuff and play. Usually don't care about feedback and/or the person(s) having done all the work. And whether I like it or not ... after that, I'll just move on to the next...
I guess, all I wanted to say is that there are a LOT more people downloading and playing, compared to those who bother to do a posting. And if you want to know for sure, you can always use tracking services like "bitly".

But in the end, you kinda have to believe that all the work was not in vain, I guess... :wink:
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

Horst wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:17 pm Good to hear. I somehow enjoy fighting with (Chinese) pawns against superior (Japanese) units.
It is quite fun, isn't it? :) The Chinese Civil War campaign will be more like pawns fighting pawns though.
GabeKnight wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:06 pm But I remember how I used to behave before (and how I still behave on other sites) when it comes to "free" content: I click a link, download the stuff and play. Usually don't care about feedback and/or the person(s) having done all the work. And whether I like it or not ... after that, I'll just move on to the next...
I guess, all I wanted to say is that there are a LOT more people downloading and playing, compared to those who bother to do a posting. And if you want to know for sure, you can always use tracking services like "bitly".

But in the end, you kinda have to believe that all the work was not in vain, I guess... :wink:
I can't really blame people for not giving feedback or commenting though, they have no obligation, and I wouldn't force them to even if I could. It just feels nice to know that people appreciate the work. Although, really, the work is the part that is most fun, and getting to play it, too. I only create scenarios that I want to play, so even if no one else enjoys them, I would.
Thanks for always being around though, GabeKnight. :wink:
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
ctskelly
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ctskelly »

Duplex,
Great scenarios for Nationalist China. Thanks so much. Meaty, hard, long, strategic! All I need for another 500 hours of play.
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

ctskelly wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:23 am Duplex,
Great scenarios for Nationalist China. Thanks so much. Meaty, hard, long, strategic! All I need for another 500 hours of play.
Wow thanks a lot! I appreciate it! :D
They get more fun the more recent the scenarios are. Harbin, DaLian, and Berlin are some of my favorites.
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

Update v1.2.3 for Battle of Midway:
- a little bit of balancing
- toned down the number of units so as not to crash everyone's PCs :lol:
- I forgot what else I did, but there's changes
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
ColonelY
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by ColonelY »

Thanks for this update! :D

Duplex wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:16 pm The Chinese Civil War (1927-1935) (In Development??? Hm I have it stored away somewhere :shock: )
Chinese Civil War? Well, that sounds really interesting to me... :wink:
Zekedia222

Post by Zekedia222 »

That’ll be interesting...
Klinger, you're dumber than you look, and THAT boggles the MIND.
- Charles Emerson Winchester III
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

ColonelY wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:29 pm Thanks for this update! :D

Duplex wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:16 pm The Chinese Civil War (1927-1935) (In Development??? Hm I have it stored away somewhere :shock: )
Chinese Civil War? Well, that sounds really interesting to me... :wink:
Not sure if I'll be able to finish it tho...sorry to disappoint :( .
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
ColonelY
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by ColonelY »

Not sure, it's mean it's still possible. :wink:

No worries, thanks already for all you've provided! :D
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

The long overdue revamp of Shanghai (1v1 Multiplayer) is here! I just couldn't stand looking at the horrible monstrosity that was v1.0.2 any longer. It was the first scenario I ever created, so cut me some slack :D , but I thought it was about time it got a makeover.

Shanghai v1.1.0 comes with:
- an updated map
- a complete terrain overhaul
- LOTS more decorations! (the last version had none :? )
- LOTS of balancing and QoL changes
- bug fixes
- other minor tweaks

Not many people really play multiplayer anymore, so I'd appreciate any and all feedback!
Last edited by Duplex on Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
Mascarenhas
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Mascarenhas »

Respectfully, may I suggest that you create single player versions for these scenarios?
Duplex

Post by Duplex »

Mascarenhas wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:05 am Respectfully, may I suggest that you create single player versions for these scenarios?
Shanghai is my only multiplayer scenario. Every single other one is singleplayer! Feel free to try them out!
国民党万岁!

Custom Scenario Creator
Mascarenhas

Post by Mascarenhas »

Thank you!
Mascarenhas

Post by Mascarenhas »

Well, after your suggestion, I've been trying the Manchurian Offensive, 1942. I must declare my very limited knowledge about the Sino-Japanese War, not to mention a shameful ignorance of Chinese history at large. Playing this one even stimulated me to read something about this specific period and some events that occurred by then. This said, about the scenario properly, I had fun playing this one and made me wonder how many others could be developed about such critical conflict, which had a pivotal role on shaping modern China and had consequences still resounding in our days. I congratulate you on focusing on this war.

If I may, I would propose a few tweaks on the scenario, as such:

1 At the tactical level, a bit more resources for the Chinese side - in exchange for the almost unlimited numbers of troops that floods the battle scene, maybe too late to see real action. Air unit almost useless, since there's no available airstrip between SiPing and Changchun (maybe that air camp destroyed en route between the cities could be converted in a conquerable airstrip - as did Erik at Market Garden)

2 At the historical level, I feel the absence of PLA - unless I should consider that it is represented by the "Chinese Partisans" faction, in which case it could be identified as such and have their specific flag icon. Also, for the sake of flavor; I'd add a squadron or two of the Flying Tigers and perhaps Allied bombers which seems to have given some help in the theatre, especially after Peral Harbor.

Anyway, greetings for the excellent work and keep helping to make us happy with this great game.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”