The Dustbin

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

dkalenda
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by dkalenda »

Division A

dkalenda (Hun, Sabir) beats paulmcneil (Armenian) AD 64-40
Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Biblical: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Geffalrus »

Division C

Geffalrus (Athenians) defeats cromlechi (Cypriots) after a hard fought battle of 51-25. Seriously great game that I thought I was gonna lose up until the very end.

Cromlechi led off with a smart move of marching his whole army to large hill in front of the forest on my left flank. Prepared for a more conventional face-off, I was caught flat footed. To get Crom off his hill, I sent a force of raw hoplites on a loooooong march around the forest to the hill behind. My armored hoplites and veterans were tasked with facing his heavies with the slope in their favor. It was not a complete disaster, but my center was suitably trashed. My right had better luck against his Cypriot foot on open ground, and my hoplites broke medium after medium. The raw hoplites did their part, breaking some mediums as well, while my skirmishers were able to scatter their opposite numbers. While Crom's center ate into my initial point lead, a lucky rally by a broken raw hoplite put me just over the victory threshold, bringing the fight to a sudden close. Tip of the hat to Crom for a tense battle beginning to end. Plus some solid trash talk while we marched into position. ;-)

The crucial hill.
Screen_00000305.jpg
Screen_00000305.jpg (572.44 KiB) Viewed 2157 times
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
Geffalrus

Re: The Rally Point (discussion and questions)

Post by Geffalrus »

All this talk about luck makes me think that I'm the only one burning meat offerings to the gods before every match starts..........
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Geffalrus wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:55 pm All this talk about luck makes me think that I'm the only one burning meat offerings to the gods before every match starts..........
Well, whatever you are doing, it seem to be working! :lol:
Jagger2002
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Jagger2002 »

I'm the only one burning meat offerings to the gods before every match starts
I use to do that but I found the Gods would go to siesta immediately afterwards and often could not be awakened when needed. Much better to woo Ms. Fickle Fate. If she is by your side, you are going to win. Of course, just prior to my latest game with Sunnyboy, I lost patience and made the mistake of mentioning that Ms Fate's apartment was a pigsty and if she would just spend 10 minutes a day cleaning up instead of watching Oprah all day, it might not look like it was hit by a tornado. A clearly rational and reasonable comment well meant but the results were catastrophic. My guys couldn't pass a cohesion check to save their lives, chain routs and generals dropping like flies. It was a field day for Mr Dastardly Doom. Well I guess it is back to burnt offerings for awhile. Better than nothing.
Last edited by Jagger2002 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
MorkinTheFree

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by MorkinTheFree »

Division C

MorkinTheFree (Romano-British 407-599 AD) drew with Karvon (Moorish 350-698 AD) 33-28

(2-2)
MorkinTheFree

Re: Classical Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by MorkinTheFree »

Div C

MorkinTheFree (Pyrrhic) challenges blobka (Samnites 355 - 272 BC). Password is 1234
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

Jagger2002 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:28 pm I use to do that but I found the Gods would go to siesta immediately afterwards and often could not be awakened when needed. Much better to woo Ms. Fickle Fate. If she is by your side, you are going to win. Of course, just prior to my latest game with Sunnyboy, I lost patience and made the mistake of mentioning that Ms Fate's apartment was a pigsty and if she would just spend 10 minutes a day cleaning up instead of watching Oprah all day, it might not look like it was hit by a tornado. A clearly logical and rational comment well meant but the results were catastrophic. My guys couldn't pass a cohesion check to save their lives, chain routs, and generals dropping like flies. It was a field day for Mr Dastardly Doom. Well I guess it is back to burnt offerings for awhile. Better than nothing.
I don't know what exactly Sunny is burning, but after my experience with him on the field, I can only conclude that it is clearly the GOOD SHIT.
harveylh
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Late Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by harveylh »

Division A

harveylh - Jewish Revolt 66-135 AD defeats MikeC_81 -Arab City 300-633 AD , 62-28

Terrain favored the Jews which made it difficult for Arab lancers to flank them and I was afraid our game would end in a draw because the lancers were a threat to the Jewish battle line moving forward for half of the game. Mike won the skirmisher battle with a nifty LC lancer ambush from the flanking woods. Fortunately, he made a mistake on his left flank trying to flank me and I was able to finally advance my battle line without him being able to easily flank me with his lancers. Good game, Mike and you showed me one new cav move!
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

I don't know what exactly Sunny is burning, but after my experience with him on the field, I can only conclude that it is clearly the GOOD SHIT.
Sunnyboy is pretty tight lipped but my spies embedded deep within his ranks reported that he is a steely eyed, pox ridden vet with a bad case of scurvy. Reports also strongly suggest that behind closed doors, he may be a chain smoking, long haired, Penthouse reader that prefers Scotch over ice cream. Indeed.... just another typical general of ancient times past with foul delusions of ruling the world. And like all that dream of global depotism, I strongly suspect that it isn't GOOD SHIT but a deal with the dark side, possibly with a current resident of Hades or one of his loathsome minions, that may explain his brilliant and cunning success. I considered shaking his hand at the end of the battle but I had a sneaking suspicion that he might turn into a Gargoyle looking creature of some sort and then devour me, helmet and all. I decided it was best to live to fight another day and instead, I rode my white horse, Swift as the Wind, to the front of my routing men and led them in a jolly race full of good natured, manly banter for the nearest boats that could get us back to Carthage pronto. So forget Hollywood, sometimes the dark forces do triumph over all that is good and noble... as my last battle demonstrates so convincingly! :shock:
harveylh

Post by harveylh »

Division A

harveylh - Jewish Revolt 66-135 AD defeats ruskicanuk - Ptolemaic 55-30 BC, 48-10

Fairly open desert map through there was rough terrain and a marsh on one flank. The swarm of Jewish skirmishers made the Ptolemaics cautious and they initially retreated. The zealot battle line advanced while keeping their open flank secure and had great success against the non-Roman and non-pike units.
SpeedyCM
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by SpeedyCM »

This looks like an appropriate time to jump in and claim I taught sunnyboy everything he knows about generalship and therefore take credit for all his victories.
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

delete a double post...clearly the the foul art of sorcery is nearby...
Last edited by Jagger2002 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

Aha...SpeedyCM, a mentor! My misgivings confirmed. I must ask is it true Sunnyboy has every issue of Penthouse since the December 469 BC issue? And if you have read the Dec 469 issue itself, are the articles as good as they say? Have you ever shook his hand and if so, explain well how you are still around to tell the tale and not pushing up daisies in some forsaken, desolate field in the middle of nowhere? And most importantly, were you involved in introducing him to the Dark Side? I recommend the truth and nothing but the truth as my men are putting up a stake and piling up the wood as we speak.

And you ask why the 6 foot long stake and a pile of highly flammable wood soaked in oil and a boisterous mob clamoring for a bonfire while I hold a match? I must let you know I have received reports from turncoats embedded deeply within your ranks which strongly suggest, behind closed doors, you may possibly be one of those pox ridden, playboy necromancer types from the wild side, full of dark magic and a vast collection of Babylonian Playboy beginning with the January of 544 BC issue. A coincidence? I think not.

PS: Oh yes, Speedy, turn back tomorrow. And hope you are having success with that pox treatment I recommended, you rascally devil you. :wink:
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Biblical: winners post your results here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Division A

stockwellpete (Carthaginians) beat Nijis (Achaemenid Persians) 66-26.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Classical Antiquity            A-D tables.jpg
Classical Antiquity A-D tables.jpg (940.36 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Weekly round-up
dkalenda (Seleucids) has moved to the top of Division A this week with his fourth consecutive victory from 4 starts. He is just ahead of Cunningcairn (Hannibal in Africa) and harveylh (Romans), but they have both played 2 games more. The biggest dangers lie further back with pantherboy (Achaemenids) who has won 4 from 5 and klayeckles (Ptolemaics) who has won 2 from 3. In Division B, XLegione (Galatians) is closing in on Hendricus (Romans) and now is only 2 points behind with 2 games left to play. A lot will depend on the outcome of his match with SpeedyCM (Greeks). The winner of it will probably claim the automatic promotion place to the top section next season. deve (Ptolemaics) secured his eighth successive win
this week but he still needs to avoid defeat in his last match against herm (Romans) to be sure of automatic promotion. Should herm win that match then he would need to win all his remaining 5 matches to take the title. SLancaster (Macedonians) and Najanaja (Hannibal in Italy) both have 5 wins from 6 starts but cannot overtake deve now as they have both lost to him this season. A strong finish by either player is likely to win them a discretionary promotion though. There is nothing to report from Division D this week.

Unbeaten runs of 3 matches or more
dkalenda (Division A) 4 matches
pantherboy (Division A) 3 matches
XLegione (Division B) 5 matches
deve (Division C) 8 matches
greekiraklis (Division C) 3 and finished
SLancaster (Division C) 4 matches
MorkinTheFree (Division D) 4 matches
sunnyboy (Division D) 7 matches

Match completion rate (45 matches in total to be played in each division)
Division A - 24 out of 45 matches completed :D
Division B - 31 out of 45 matches completed :D
Division C - 30 out of 45 matches completed :D
Division D - 33 out of 45 matches completed :D

These are very good match completion rates.

Player of the week
deve (Division C) who posted 2 more wins this week to extend his winning sequence to 8 matches. :D
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Classical Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Classical Antiquity            A-B charts.jpg
Classical Antiquity A-B charts.jpg (692.62 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
Classical Antiquity            C-D charts.jpg
Classical Antiquity C-D charts.jpg (707.93 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Late Antiquity                   A-D tables.jpg
Late Antiquity A-D tables.jpg (924.4 KiB) Viewed 2493 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Weekly round-up
Two big wins for harveylh (Jewish Revolt) this week sees him extend the gap at the top of the table to 8 points, ahead of pantherboy (Bretons) who has won his opening 3 matches. At the bottom, Cunningcairn (Dacians) is relegated. In Division B, youngr (Jewish Revolt) needs to get 2 points from his soon to be resumed match against Trogilus (Romans) to win automatic promotion. If he were to lose this match then only SpeedyCM (Sarmatians) could overtake him by decisively winning his last three matches. Two narrow wins for greekiraklis (Byzantines) sees him extend his lead at the top to 12 points leaving jjaquemond (Kingdom of Soissons), who has 4 matches in hand, as the player most likely to challenge from the top spot. In Division D, MorkinTheFree (Ptolemaics) has secured automatic promotion this week with his eighth win in his final match. sunnyboy (Germanic Horse Tribes) has finished second with 7 wins nd is certain to win a discretionary promotion to a higher level next season.

Unbeaten runs of 3 matches or more
harveylh (Division A) 3 matches
pantherboy (Division A) 3 matches
IMC (Division B) 3 matches
SpeedyCM (Division B) 5 matches
cromlechi (Division C) 4 matches
greekiraklis (Division C) 5 matches
jjaquemond (Division C) 4 matches
MorkinTheFree (Division D) 5 matches and finished

Match completion rate (45 matches in total to be played in each division)
Division A - 21 out of 45 matches completed :(
Division B - 31 out of 45 matches completed :D
Division C - 23 out of 45 matches completed :(
Division D - 37 out of 45 matches completed :D
Division A and Division C are still a bit slow, Division B and Division D are excellent.

Player of the week
harveylh (Division A) with 2 very impressive wins this week. :D

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”