Endsieg.......Arracourt??

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

robertahyuk
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Endsieg.......Arracourt??

Post by robertahyuk »

I was wondering why they didn't have a scenario in Endsieg of the great tank battle at Arracourt? Seems like that should have been included in this campaign. Not complaining but just wondering.
Maybe one of you guys could make a Mod of that battle and I would quickly download it.
Anyone??
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Endsieg.......Arracourt??

Post by bru888 »

robertahyuk wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:34 pm I was wondering why they didn't have a scenario in Endsieg of the great tank battle at Arracourt? Seems like that should have been included in this campaign. Not complaining but just wondering.
Maybe one of you guys could make a Mod of that battle and I would quickly download it.
Anyone??
I made a custom scenario based on that battle. You are welcome to it but incorporating it into another person's campaign may be problematic in terms of a number of things: core compatibility, for example. Even a difference in design style may throw you off.

But if you are interested, it's in the Custom Single Player Scenarios thread (page 2) along with the rest of my long-forgotten garbage. :wink:
- Bru
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

bru888 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:23 pm But if you are interested, it's in the Custom Single Player Scenarios thread (page 2) along with the rest of my long-forgotten garbage. :wink:
Definitely not forgotten. :mrgreen:
Your single scens were great, well constructed. You always minded the small details. A good side-story coupled with the sec. objectives. Scenario-wise you did everything right, in my opinion. I miss those days... :| ....hint...hint... :wink:
bru888

Post by bru888 »

GabeKnight wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:07 pm Definitely not forgotten. :mrgreen:
Your single scens were great, well constructed. You always minded the small details. A good side-story coupled with the sec. objectives. Scenario-wise you did everything right, in my opinion. I miss those days... :| ....hint...hint... :wink:
Gabe, you may be a fan club of one! But . . . your opinion is highly regarded (a status well-earned) and if you do think my previous efforts have been worthwhile (it's hard to tell without any feedback), then I do indeed have something in the hopper.

What's been holding me back recently was (possibly) making the mistake of upgrading my laptop from Windows 8.1 to 10, right around the time that OOB 7.1.6 came out. Bad timing. OOB is the only thing that has been having problems and at first I blamed it on OOB but after lurking for a while with my antennae fully extended, I detect no general outcry about game and editor crashes.

So it must be me. This laptop only has 8GB of RAM and I am in the process of upgrading it to 16GB (memory chips are due for tomorrow delivery!) because I'm thinking that a Windows 10 upgrade on an older laptop (not that old: HP Envy TS 17) may not have been a good idea. W10 probably is soaking up more memory and OOB is not the best memory manager in my opinion - it really shouldn't have a problem with 8 GB but who knows; OOB, especially the editors, would crash on me before. Now it's quite frequent.

So, we'll see. I happen to have access to another laptop that already has 16GB RAM and I will install OOB on it as well. If it runs alright over there, then maybe my problem will be solved.
- Bru
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

Geez, I looked for Bru's scenario and can't seem to find it. Is it compatible to the 7.1.6 version?
I would like to play it as a stand alone scenario if possible. If you could guide me there, I would be very thankful.
On another note, my ASUS came with 8GB RAM and plays OoB just fine. I upgraded to 16 GB and it's the same. Still lags sometimes but that's it.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

robertahyuk wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:48 am Geez, I looked for Bru's scenario and can't seem to find it. Is it compatible to the 7.1.6 version?
I would like to play it as a stand alone scenario if possible. If you could guide me there, I would be very thankful.
Hiding in plain sight...Bru's Scenarios :wink:

@Bruce: I have no such problems/crashes with OoB on Win10. There's the 4K scaling issue, but that's just minor in the end. Although I can't complain about my rig, not the most powerful gaming-PC nowadays, but I was still able to play e.g. MetroExodus with 2160p quite well.
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

Hiding in plain sight...Bru's Scenarios :wink:
Thank you Gabe. I did find it after a cup of coffee and was awake. LOL. Still wonder if it's updated to work with 7.1.6?????
bru888

Post by bru888 »

robertahyuk wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:12 pm Hiding in plain sight...Bru's Scenarios :wink:
Thank you Gabe. I did find it after a cup of coffee and was awake. LOL. Still wonder if it's updated to work with 7.1.6?????
Yes, it's also in the Custom Single Player Scenarios thread, which links back to my compilation thread as Gabe showed.

As far as being playable in 7.1.6, I just took a look at it; it's "version-stamped" 5.2.9 but I cannot think of any major changes to OOB that would affect how it plays. It started up fine on my "half-wit" (literally) laptop and I was pleasurably taken aback by how quickly the action begins and how big a battle that was.

But feel free to come back and complain about it! Perhaps a comment like "Uh, gee, Bruce, that was okay I guess. I wonder if anybody else ever made a version of it? Maybe they could use your map at least?" :roll: ( :wink: )
- Bru
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

robertahyuk wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:12 pm Hiding in plain sight...Bru's Scenarios :wink:
If you wonder if a scenario is updated, take it for a spin and report back :D
bru888

Post by bru888 »

OOOFAH! 16 gig of memory now! I feel beefy and buff. Truculent. I'll take on any of you mothers in Metro Exodus, c'mon down, step up for your beating! :evil:
- Bru
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

It seems that Bru's Arracourt scenario works just fine except if you click the upgrade button and then just a blank screen appears and you can't get it to "Save", so I guess it's an afternoons game.
Thank you Bru for creating this scenario as it should have been in the Endsieg campaign but I'm not complaining at all.
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!
bru888

Post by bru888 »

robertahyuk wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:15 pm It seems that Bru's Arracourt scenario works just fine except if you click the upgrade button and then just a blank screen appears and you can't get it to "Save", so I guess it's an afternoons game.
Thank you Bru for creating this scenario as it should have been in the Endsieg campaign but I'm not complaining at all.
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!
I'll take a look at it, now that you have expressed an interest in it. At the least, I will save it in 7.1.6 so that version compatibility is not an issue. As far as the upgrade feature goes, I need to stoke the coals of my memory but I believe you get a blank screen because I purposely eliminated any upgrading. A battle of a few days' length shouldn't be allowing substantial equipment upgrades, IMO. But, I'll reconsider that too. Watch for an update in this thread.
- Bru
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

It seems that it is compatible in 7.1.6 as it is. But I've only played a few turns as of yet because I can't "save" it but it looks like I can play a 33 turn scenario in an afternoon with no problem.
After reading what you said? I don't think there really should be any "upgrades" either. That's fine as it is.
Would like to see a "save" option in case I can't play the whole scenario but I'm not complaining at all. You did a hell of a job making this scenario.
Arracourt is a battle that has always interested me and it doesn't get the recognition it deserves.
Thank you Bru as I'm sure I'll enjoy it!
bru888

Post by bru888 »

I took a look at it and I was able to call up, play a bit, and save the old version of Arracourt, then load the save with no problem. Are you actually patched up to 7.1.6? Because, this was one of the things it supposed to have fixed:

Image0006.png
Image0006.png (9.09 KiB) Viewed 3721 times

If it's still bothering you, then try this "special edition":

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PF8dFI ... sp=sharing

The only thing special about it is that I saved it in 7.1.6.

Regarding the unit upgrading, I remember now turning off the option to do so here:

Image0005.png
Image0005.png (486.34 KiB) Viewed 3721 times

The reason being, in a battle of only days rather than a campaign of months or years, I felt that upgrading units while "in battle" is not realistic. Besides, as you can see, I wanted the sides to be equal in terms of resource points so that the battle would be about the numbers, qualities, positions, and maneuvering of the armored units involved. That's why you get a blank gray window when you click "Purchase." I provided resource points only to allow the player (and AI, for balance) to make repairs and even that is pushing it IMO but I understand repairing units is part of the fun.
- Bru
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

That's great Bru but I just did an uninstall-reinstall and everything works perfect!!! Saves and everything. Good job with this.
Great tank battle! I love it!!

Thanks, Bru.
Halvralf
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Halvralf »

robertahyuk wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:05 pm That's great Bru but I just did an uninstall-reinstall and everything works perfect!!! Saves and everything. Good job with this.
Great tank battle! I love it!!

Thanks, Bru.
Bru for President!!!!
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Heh, look at that. I tripled the size of my fan club, to three! :wink:
- Bru
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

Halvralf wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:26 pm Bru for President!!!!
Where can I vote? :D
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

You sure got my vote also!!!! Go for it Bru!!!
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Seriously, Bru always goes the extra mile in his scenarios adding messages and interesting historical bits.

The thing is, single scenarios (and maybe multiplayer as well) get some attention when it is released and then silence.
It is the nature of the beast.
Personally, the joy in creating scenarios and campaigns in the first place is enough. Player response is the icing on the cake.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”