Cheat codes

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

bunkerhill
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Cheat codes

Post by bunkerhill »

#epiphany <code>

OK, so what *are* the applicable codes? Not really sure what this one does, no detailed explanation seems to exist... it'd be nice to be able to enable certain specializations on the fly or at least tweak the specialization points to spend.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

#epiphany <value>
Gives <value> Spec Point

It's not a code, it's a value (like, 10, or whatever)

Ta
bunkerhill

Post by bunkerhill »

Ahhhh, it works when you have the Specializations menu open! Got it! Thanks!
morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by morge4 »

bunkerhill wrote:#epiphany <code>

OK, so what *are* the applicable codes? Not really sure what this one does, no detailed explanation seems to exist... it'd be nice to be able to enable certain specializations on the fly or at least tweak the specialization points to spend.
For that one it is a number...I've used 100 without any issues. Not sure what the limit is. :?:
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

#igotnukes
instant (minor) victory -> instant (major) victory

#igotnukes give actually MAJOR VICTORY (before it was giving minor victory)

PS : it should be rectified in the front page.
Bobthenailer1

Post by Bobthenailer1 »

From what I have read so far it seems that cheat codes do not apply to MP games. I am glad to hear this. Having said that I am playing a MP game where my opponent in a Polikarpov R-5 flew over a city hex and airfield that I had captured and re-captured them. There are no ground units around and the move also broke my supply line (the city and airfield are still in the line of sight of my Pz III). Does this Russian Recon plane have the ability to do this or is something else afoot?
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

You should post the Polikarpov incident in the Tech support forum. Sounds odd.
A save game file or a screenshot would help in trying to find out what happened.
Note that an armored vehicle may not be able to spot a concealed infantry unit in a town or other dense terrain.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Bobthenailer1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:55 am From what I have read so far it seems that cheat codes do not apply to MP games. I am glad to hear this. Having said that I am playing a MP game where my opponent in a Polikarpov R-5 flew over a city hex and airfield that I had captured and re-captured them. There are no ground units around and the move also broke my supply line (the city and airfield are still in the line of sight of my Pz III). Does this Russian Recon plane have the ability to do this or is something else afoot?
Difficult to believe, imprecise circumstances, no image...It is impossible for an aircraft to do this.
A thing that I know is that if we capture an objective and withdraw immediately, the objective can go back to the enemy especially if that objective is located at the edge of the map.
Bobthenailer1

Post by Bobthenailer1 »

Unfortunately I didn't take a screen capture. If something like this happens again I definitely will. The objective was not near the edge of the map. I did move back on my next turn and recaptured the town but did not see any enemy units. The Polikarpov did reappear but my tank unit was occupying the city. My unit was a cut off unit so I don't know if that had something to do with it. It was destroyed a couple of turns later.
Erik2

#orbitalcommand

Post by Erik2 »

#orbitalcommand

I use this command while testing single player/campaign scenarios to see if the AI behaves properly.
But it looks like the AI also benefits by this command. This of course muddles the testing process...
In an on-going test AI air units attack MG nests that are definately not spotted by any land units.

Can anyone confirm this?
bru888

Re: #orbitalcommand

Post by bru888 »

Erik2 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:28 pm #orbitalcommand

I use this command while testing single player/campaign scenarios to see if the AI behaves properly.
But it looks like the AI also benefits by this command. This of course muddles the testing process...
In an on-going test AI air units attack MG nests that are definately not spotted by any land units.

Can anyone confirm this?
I remember reading a while back that this was indeed the case; that the AI "sees all" as well with #orbitalcommand. This command lifts "the fog of war" which seems to be an absolute thing for both human and AI.

The work around for testing purposes, if I recall correctly, is to place a map-wide "Reveal" command at Turn 1 and selecting only the human player side to be the beneficiary. This arrangement worked for me just now (two triggers were necessary; the second being marked as infinite or the number of turns required):

Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (200.56 KiB) Viewed 7581 times
Screenshot 3.jpg
Screenshot 3.jpg (204.93 KiB) Viewed 7581 times

Note 1: I have only the hearsay from the thread that I am remembering as to whether the AI is excluded from this map revelation but the persons who were discussing this seemed sure of what they were talking about.

Note 2: Here's one official source that I found, a certain Mr. Shards: Map debugging

Note 3: Here's another source but not nearly as trustworthy; in fact, don't take what this blowhard has to say too seriously: Testing scens without fog of war etc?
It was good for a Deja Bru moment, though! :roll:
- Bru
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Thanks, Bru. Useful info as always.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Yeah, what Bruce said covers it. All I can add to make your life a bit easier is this:

I'm using the "reveal" trigger, too, and actually you don't need the "check turn" condition for such simple triggers if using the "turn start" event:

Screenshot 1019.jpg
Screenshot 1019.jpg (202.13 KiB) Viewed 7556 times
bru888

Post by bru888 »

That's a good follow-up, Gabe. This trigger works on Turn =1 and thereafter? Which would obviate the need for the two-trigger approach that I took.
- Bru
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

bru888 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:47 pm That's a good follow-up, Gabe. This trigger works on Turn =1 and thereafter? Which would obviate the need for the two-trigger approach that I took.
Yep. Works even during deployment stage this way.
If you want to skip reveal at deployment, you can use "check turn > 0" condition. Either way no need for two triggers.
Erik2

Orbitalcommand weirdness

Post by Erik2 »

I turned Orbitalcommand on for a few turns while testing a scenario.
I hoped that running it a second time would turn it off, but no.
Restarted OOB, it was still on (cached?).

Restarted PC.
Now it is acting really weird, it looks like some heavy FOW is on for close-by enemy units while those outside visible range is displayed.
No, I have not been smoking my socks :D
orbitalcommand.jpg
orbitalcommand.jpg (754.52 KiB) Viewed 7518 times
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Horst »

I have never encountered so far that orbitalcommand sticks so weirdly forever, but I usually save, cheat, and reload which works fine.
There is unfortunately no way but reloading a non-cheated save to turn off orbitalcommand afaik. Your save above must have gone haywire.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

This game was back on track after 2-3 additional turns. Hopefully a one-time fluke.
airboy
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by airboy »

Myrddraal wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:42 pm Exactly! That's actually the main driver for including cheat codes in games, to allow for quick and easy testing (of both functionality and balance), and if some people prefer to use them in the game to have fun, all to the good.
That is really interesting to know. I've used cheat codes in complex AARs to see the impact of some technologies - especially nuclear weapons in the US Navy campaign. If you keep the fog of war on, it is next to impossible to determine what the nuke does.
airboy

Post by airboy »

Erik2 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:19 am This game was back on track after 2-3 additional turns. Hopefully a one-time fluke.
Never had that happen to me. I've used Orbital Command when playtesting AARs, tech choices, and similar things.

To avoid the problem I suggest:
1] creating a new save game under a specific new name.
2] Using the code to do what you wish to do.
3] Going back to the previous save to resume your game.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”